• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

59 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

My cousin had a set of kerosene lamps. I asked why there was no oil in them, he said he couldn't get them open. After a bit of struggle I figured out they were LH thread. Why would anyone put LH threads on a lamp?  

Maybe they were made in Australia.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Didn't all Chrysler products have left hand thread lug nut on the left side of the car until the 70's at least?

Some of the old Ford trucks did too. At least early thirties for sure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

You don’t remember what Cosby was convicted of ? I also think he was acquitted later but it’s been a while and I’m too lazy to go look it up 

Yeah, but I didn't make the connection to the meme.

I used to have a number of his albums. Thought he was funny. Threw them out when he was convicted. What a dirtbag. To my knowledge, he hasn't been acquitted.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

You don’t remember what Cosby was convicted of ? I also think he was acquitted later but it’s been a while and I’m too lazy to go look it up 

This is just my opinion. I have no proof one way or the other.

Cosby was charged with giving girls Quaaludes and then having sex with them.

OH MY GOD!! HE DRUGGED THOSE POOR GIRLS TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM!!!

In the late '70s / early '80s, Quaaludes were the drug of choice. Everybody wanted to score some ludes.

And yes, quite probably, he gave girls Quaaludes and then went to bed with them.

But how is that different from snorting a line of coke and then going to bed, or blowing a joint and then going to bed, or buying her four or five drinks at the singles bar and then taking her to bed?

My personal opinion is that if he had not been rich and famous nothing would have happened. The girls, who could very well have been trying for a out of court settlement, wouldn't have complained. There wouldn't have been a big Nationwide trial with all kinds of media coverage.

But, like I said - strictly my opinion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

There was a Chinese restaurant in town that promptly closed down after they found cat feet and fur in garbage. 

I lived at an apartment complex during the latter part of the '80's that had a large retention pond in back of it. The pond had real good bass fishing and about 60 - 70 Muscovy ducks residing between the complex pond and another pond across the street. A Chinese restaurant went in at one end of the pond. Within 2 months, there were no more ducks anywhere to be found.

I NEVER ate there!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

42 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Yeah, but I didn't make the connection to the meme.

I used to have a number of his albums. Thought he was funny. Threw them out when he was convicted. What a dirtbag. To my knowledge, he hasn't been acquitted.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/us/bill-cosby-to-be-released/index.html

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

This is just my opinion. I have no proof one way or the other.

Cosby was charged with giving girls Quaaludes and then having sex with them.

OH MY GOD!! HE DRUGGED THOSE POOR GIRLS TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM!!!

In the late '70s / early '80s, Quaaludes were the drug of choice. Everybody wanted to score some ludes.

And yes, quite probably, he gave girls Quaaludes and then went to bed with them.

But how is that different from snorting a line of coke and then going to bed, or blowing a joint and then going to bed, or buying her four or five drinks at the singles bar and then taking her to bed?

My personal opinion is that if he had not been rich and famous nothing would have happened. The girls, who could very well have been trying for a out of court settlement, wouldn't have complained. There wouldn't have been a big Nationwide trial with all kinds of media coverage.

But, like I said - strictly my opinion.

If he'd have just announced that he was running for Congress as a Democrat, he'd have been President by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4