• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

m1.jpg

I need to remember this! I usually use my old First Sergeant's line that there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I fell while crossing a pile of scrap metal at work and thought for a moment I'd broken a hip.

I cut loose absolutely at the very top of my lungs.

It is not possible for one man to have ensulrfurated the air without taking a breath for the length I did, but by the Sachem! I most certainly did!

Not a single four-letter Anglo-Saxon labiodental fricative passed my lips ... rather, I swore most powerfully, most heartily  ...

... in Shakespearean!

And in six other languages.

When I read a professor's comment, some years back, that profanity is the sign of a limited vocabulary, I learned to swear in ten languages.

Under pain and stress, I could only remember six of the ten ... but those elements of the Bard came swiftly indeed to my tongue!

(The hip wasn't broken, but I was sore for a few days)

I would have liked to have seen him tell my Drill Sergeant that from Basic Training. First, I would have brought popcorn. Besides, I had never imagined such colorful and creative combinations of swear words as that man was able to bring together to flow so angrily yet eloquently. I've spent my adult life trying to emulate him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

F6C39F05-0632-48AD-B497-9A725D8A0E15.jpeg

That last part is the LAST thing I would tell Mrs. Doc, because it just might be the last THING I tell Mrs. Doc.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

358729718_10161450955620763_642788854319

Professional series means it’s so thin you can see thru it, or it’s so tough that it has the same texture as new Sears Tuf Skin jeans. It can be found in many public restrooms. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Professional series means it’s so thin you can see thru it, or it’s so tough that it has the same texture as new Sears Tuf Skin jeans. It can be found in many public restrooms. 

Yep, it's the Chuck Norris of toilet paper...rough, tough and doesn't take s**t off anyone.

• Haha 5

I took that to mean that it is summertime, and it is hot. I have seen many recommendations that you stay inside during the hardestHOTTEST part of the day - say between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. .

That just took it a little further. Stay inside out of the heat between 11:00 a.m. and November, when the heat will be gone, and summer will be gone.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Abilene Slim SASS 81783

It was de riguer for the rich to have porcelain skin tones to show they didn't have to work in the sun. Even to the point they would take arsenic to achieve a pale complexion

• Like 4
  • Sad 1