SASS Wire Forum
Dantankerous

I support the 2nd but...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

This will go on my Facebook page and also my elected capons. 

• Like 1

I've been saying for YEARS that anyone who says "I supposrt the 2nd Ammendment BUT...." , DOESN'T.

To simplify the video even more: FREE men own guns-slaves don't. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

• Like 5

And people wonder why they no longer teach history in school. 

We could be at a climactic point in our history. It is my hope that good and freedom triumph, as I am sure you all would agree.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748
  • Like 5

It's like saying you're an American with some national or ethnic prefix!!  You're either an American or NOT!!  You can add that your antecedents are from some other nation or continent if you like, but you're either simply an American or something not American!!  Even naturalized immigrants are AMERICANS after they take that oath!!  Leave the rest off!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I always kind of figured I'm Native American because I was born in America. Not an Indian American like Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren, the good Senator from Massachusetts pretends to be…

:huh::D

Can we say we are White Americans these days without getting fired or sued or protested by Antifa?

Just wondering where the insanity ends.

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Haha 3

Very well exposed points, politicians used words to express their concern and thrive by interest now and them.

In the past, freedom from British Empire was the goal, they knew their people were at the mercy of the King because had no arms to dethrone it.

They didn't want that happen in a new soil, blessed with opportunities, the only chance to assure it was put that in a paper for the years to come. 

The history around the world proved that fact, Europe, Asia, South America, Middle East, Australia and Africa politicians only fear the mad plebe when they can not provide the promised pseudo welfare.

Therefore, disarm them is the only chance for them to survive for decades of cruelty and empty stomachs.

Are we less quality than, Belgians or Switzerland absolutely no, but they keep their traditions, standard of education and respect for others individuals. 

Politicians mixes their words to sound edible, but the only goal for them be safe on their high seat, telling you what is the best for the plebe.

The founding fathers were dedicated not to politics but to forming a great country.  Today the politicians are only concerned with what will get them re-elected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

When the bill of rights was written, the government had muskets and cannons and the people had muskets and cannons...

Over 200 years later, the government has laser guided missiles and smart bombs and we still only have muskets and cannons...

On 10/3/2020 at 12:08 AM, Boomstick Bruce said:

When the bill of rights was written, the government had muskets and cannons and the people had muskets and cannons...

Over 200 years later, the government has laser guided missiles and smart bombs and we still only have muskets and cannons...

I believe citizens and their militias had rifled barrels before the government troops did. That rifling combined with the minne ball was an enormous advantage for range and accuracy over a smoothbore. I have never read where anybody on one side or the other of the government whined and cried about that. ;)

• Thanks 1

An interesting history is the 1933 gun bills.

They were set up to provide work for the former "alcohol police."

Of course, it was at the early to mid "progressive period" where "progressives/liberals/marxists" wanted the government  to take rights away from citizens.

But due to the people understanding history, the laws were generally based on the idea that IF the army had the weapon, citizens could as well. 

Now, they didn't think about the BBARs and they should have.  And they had not researched to show that "shorted shotguns" and some other types were in military inventory.  Partly since they were using the fear of organized crime, etc as a motivator.

So by that logic, citizens SHOULD be allowed the same weaponry currently used by the military, including "machine guns, short barrelled rifles such as the M4's, etc.

Of course, we truly should not have those laws on the books as they were a major step against the constitution and the second amendment.

Also remember that many or most of the founders believed that with proper understand of the constitution, the bill of rights were not needed.  But they understood people well enough to add them for emphasis. 

The founders also warned that if we got to the place were were depending on the amendments, people were already abandoning the constitution in favor of over expanding government.

Realizing the the document was intended to spell out government duties and limiting government to those duties.

How many of us (me included) actually know what is in the constitution?

• Like 1

Now we are trying to bring back the 2nd and the Tenth.  :angry:

• Like 1

My biggest disappointment in recent memory has been seeing some of my cowboy friends and acquaintances voting for the very people who openly say that they aim to disassemble or destroy the Second Amendment!!

It will be very hard for me to continue to consider them as friends when they obviously wish to deprive me of this natural right!!

:angry: :( ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tequila Shooter said:

Today the politicians are only concerned with what will get them re-elected.

And filthy rich.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MizPete said:

And filthy rich.

Funny how that happens.   Enter politics with an attack on the rich for their "obvious" inability to understand and sympathize with the less fortunate; stay in office by revealing new plots by the rich to "deny" the underclasses their "rights", and by supporting legislation that will "fix" this problem by stripping away the rights of those who pay taxes; retire or die in office, rich beyond any reasonable legal and ethical explanation, and secure in the knowledge that they will be personally unaffected by the rules imposed upon everyone else.  

No one can represent me adequately unless they had to fight and work for everything they have; unless they have to dig into their own pockets for health care, groceries, transportation, a mortgage or rent, clothing, and federal, state and local taxes; unless they had to beg, borrow and earn to pay their own kids' tuition; unless they have honorably borne the burdens and tragedies of military service; and unless they have a full understanding of and belief in the content and original meaning of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  That probably disqualifies at least half of the serving Congress, and rightfully so.

LL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

It has been suggested to me that I run for President.  Loophole, will you be my VP?

3 hours ago, MizPete said:

It has been suggested to me that I run for President.  Loophole, will you be my VP?

To paraphrase Karl Marx's cousin Groucho, I'm not sure that I would want to be a member of any administration that would have me as a member....:D

LL

On 11/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

My biggest disappointment in recent memory has been seeing some of my cowboy friends and acquaintances voting for the very people who openly say that they aim to disassemble or destroy the Second Amendment!!

Trump got 73 million votes.
There are 100 million gun owners.

Apparently, some of the people were too lazy to vote, or actually voted for the guy who promises to strip their gun rights.

Edited by bgavin