SASS Wire Forum

Guns stolen from UPS

Utah Bob #35998

Almost sounds like UPS holds all firearms in a single location within that facility. It also sounds like their security sucks. How convenient for the dirtbags. 

I wonder how this will affect law abiding gun owners shipping their guns? You know we always take it in the shorts when dirtbags commit crimes...

27 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

They had prior knowledge. Can we say "inside job" ?? :ph34r:

Yeah we can Captain, I don't think it would take a genius to figure that out. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they question the UPS workers.

How did they know which packages had guns? I know i don't put any indication on the outside of the box!

Don't really take a genius to guess that a package five foot long, six inches wide and two inches thick has a rifle or shotgun in it.

As for pistols, since they MUST GO NEXT DAY AIR, to prevent UPS employees from stealing them, they wrer probably in a big clump, with a sign - MAKE SURE THESE PISTOLS GET ON THE PLANE.

48 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

How did they know which packages had guns? I know i don't put any indication on the outside of the box!

We don’t, but manufacturers do. 

1 hour ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Yeah we can Captain, I don't think it would take a genius to figure that out. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they question the UPS workers.

It appears UPS doesn't know who these two people are, so they apparently are not employees. But how they managed to show up at a UPS warehouse in a U-Haul truck instead of a UPS one and not raise any eyebrows is what's strange. I'm guessing the two perps aren't UPS employees but they were let in by someone who was.

By the way I like this quote from the article:

ATF Special Agent in Charge Marcus Watson added: “ATF’s Crime Gun Intelligence will leverage investigative resources combined with the community partnerships to solve this violent criminal act.”

I guess when guns are abducted against their will it becomes a violent criminal act? Sort of like how "gun safety" laws are meant to protect guns? And how "gun violence" is violence directed towards guns? :rolleyes:

Legal American gun owners are targets just as well.

https://www.businessinsider.com/criminals-steal-guns-from-legal-gun-owners-2017-11

7 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Legal American gun owners are targets just as well.

https://www.businessinsider.com/criminals-steal-guns-from-legal-gun-owners-2017-11

Why a top quality safe, is so important. -_-

OLG

full story at links

https://wgntv.com/20...spect-at-large/

MIDLOTHIAN, Ill. Hundreds of guns stolen from a UPS distribution center in Memphis, Tenn., have been recovered in south suburban Midlothian.

They were found inside a U-Haul truck outside of a Walmart store. About 400 guns were taken, according to the Associated Press.

Traveyn Turnbo is facing charges, and authorities are still looking for 24-year-old Roland Jackson of Chicago.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released a photo of the suspects, but did not specify which person is the suspect at large.

A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to the apprehension of Jackson.

http://www.chicagotr...1003-story.html

...The guns nearly 370 .22 and .380 caliber firearms had been stolen Sunday from a United Parcel Service distribution center in Memphis and were part of a shipment that was headed to Dallas, ...

...The guns were part of a larger shipment from the Ruger factory in North Carolina held at the UPS distribution hub,...

18 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I smell a serious lapse of security at that UPS warehouse. For two common street thugs to just wander in with a U-Haul and load upwards of 400 handguns without being stopped by someone is pretty pathetic.

We don’t know if they were common or not. Could have been the equivalent of thug geniuses.....

except for the part where they parked it in the Walmart parking lot.:lol:

20 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I smell a serious lapse of security at that UPS warehouse. For two common street thugs to just wander in with a U-Haul and load upwards of 400 handguns without being stopped by someone is pretty pathetic.

I'll bet you all the Whisky UB has, that it was an 'inside-job'.

How else would they know?.........

OLG

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

With any luck the thieves will break open the boxes in another warehouse somewhere and find nothing but Chipmunk .22 single-shot rifles... in pink.

I think that's close enough to call a winner!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Kinda generous with UB’s whisky? 

YUP :P

Being it was a large shipment from Ruger.

Wonder it it might have had any GPS tracking devices hidden for just this reason? :unsure:

OLG

5 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

and find nothing but Chipmunk .22 single-shot rifles... in pink. 

My grandgirl wants to know your problem with single-shot pink 22s?

2008 Birthday Present.jpg

7 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I believe they have found the guys and the guns already.

Yeah. One Eyed Sam posted details above.

Archived