SASS Wire Forum

amount of money charged on credit cards

Trigger Mike

I sadly read an article on CNBC.com today where the writer espoused the idea that banks should refuse to let their credit cards be used at any business that sells what he wrongly termed "assault weapons" namely the AR15 and ak 47  or bump stocks.  It even went on to say that he had talked to several banking CEOs who privately claimed that they are looking into the idea.  He cited paypal as a good example to follow.  

It got me to wondering just how much money is at stake for banks if they did something like that.  aside from the natural revolt and subsequent boycotts;  How much is fees do they collect with each transaction, not just guns but ammo, targets, ear protection, hunting chairs, blinds, etc that is also bought at those stores.  On top of the transaction fees, think of the lost revenue that they currently get on the interest that they charge on those purchases.  Back during the multiple obama threats people were running over their maximum limit to buy AR15s so the banks also collected overdraft fees, sometimes late fees as well on those high balances.  some cards charge over 22%  interest so the revenue contributes substantially to their bottom line.  Perhaps we should declare a national "buy a gun on a credit card day" to show the banks just how much money gun owners contribute to their bottom line.  Perhaps if we showed them a positive before we had to resort to the negative boycott they would never consider such an idea again.  perhaps make it April 16, the day after taxes are due.

I think we need more than just one "buy a gun on a credit card day"  per year.

I'm going shopping. I was going to use cash, but WTH? I'll be "one of those" guys.

:o

I have a PayPal Mastercard that is the only creditcard attached to my account; funny thing is that card has never been rejected when purchasing guns of any kind. And yes we should have periodic gun buying days.

1999, Citibank refused credit to a Vegas store, because they dealt in guns. Wrote them a letter TELLING THEM that was the reason.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2000/02/1929/   WND won't let me copy the paragraph, but it's the 5th one - starts "The controversy over..."

2008, CDNN

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2008/01/citicorp-refuses-to-process-firearms-transactions/

2010, Warne riflescopes

https://www.nssf.org/citibank-continues-to-deny-credit-to-firearms-industry/

When the news hits, shooters go crazy. They cancel accounts. They mail back credit applications with bullet holes in them.

And sh CITIbank backs off a little bit. Cowers down, slightly. Shooters stick out their chests and brag, "We SHOWED them!!"

And a year or so later Citi tries it again.

And shooters STILL USE THE DAMN CARD.

For my part, they can keep their contemptible credit cards!  I have one debit card for online and on the road purchases and I mostly keep cash in close proximity to my ever present carry weapon. 

My banker lady is a shooter and carries at the bank. She knows that I do too!!

Credit card companies and their ilk are welcome to honor the mistletoe attached to my shirt tail!!!

Didn't Trump kill the order that Obama had concerning credit to businesses that deal in firearms? I can't remember what it was called.????

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Didn't Trump kill the order that Obama had concerning credit to businesses that deal in firearms? I can't remember what it was called.????

Operation Choke Point!

Just because the government has officially abandoned the policy doesn’t mean that other organizations won’t adopt and implement such an operation!

Remember!!  Banks, for the most part, all operate in lock step and cover each other’s a$$es!!  They also kiss big liberal, (read that Bloomberg, Soros, Gates etc...) a$$es!!

Just saw a headline on Drudge Report  That President Trump has instructed Jeff Sessions of the Justice Dept. to make bump stocks illegal. Interesting- SCJ

27 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Just saw a headline on Drudge Report  That President Trump has instructed Jeff Sessions of the Justice Dept. to make bump stocks illegal. Interesting- SCJ

I think the bumpfire stock review for ban is  a sacrifice to alleviate some pressure off the NRA and the president. After all, it WAS the NRA  who suggested it in the first place. If the left gets their ban on this gadget (I know, I know...) rather than a firearm, I am hoping they will swallow that as a victory and pat themselves on the back and settle down. The problem is if the left becomes infatuated with their success that they try and railroad more bans. IF this is the tactic, it could backfire. It all has to get past the House and Senate first. We'll see.

In the meanwhile...stock up on everything else. ;)

Yup I agree, BUT, the President needs to wheel and deal before he gives the left ANY victory  real or perceived as such. I own several AR 15s  and have no use for a bump stock but I do like my 30 round mags and I know what is coming next, I don't want them outlawed even though I usually only use my 10 round mags for targets or varmint hunting. I hate the left and their continued assault on our weapons, values and Constitution (one and the same, lose one you lose the other) guess we will just have to ride it out. SCJ

And that’s why ARs are so popular now. Only after the ban of the early 90s did so many people start buying them; as soon as you tell folks they can’t have something or get ‘em now before it’s too late there is a stampede to buy. All part of the law of unintended consequences.  

Seamus

4 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I think the bumpfire stock review for ban is  a sacrifice to alleviate some pressure off the NRA and the president. After all, it WAS the NRA  who suggested it in the first place. If the left gets their ban on this gadget (I know, I know...) rather than a firearm, I am hoping they will swallow that as a victory and pat themselves on the back and settle down. The problem is if the left becomes infatuated with their success that they try and railroad more bans. IF this is the tactic, it could backfire. It all has to get past the House and Senate first. We'll see.

In the meanwhile...stock up on everything else. ;)

Here is the anti-gun establishments idea of compromise. Thanks SDJ for this one.

image.png.9054e7377d4f0fb69733a915321aa365.png

image.png.f6a7cc6a0fdd3ed3991b43d11d1700e1.png

image.png.23426d4b7e01330b024072eeeee163e1.png

image.png.523af0ac771b82eec8587501bee30720.png

image.thumb.png.02f5029d70d4b92567a5dda69fd2dea7.png

image.png.73431fb935fcfcc3a7f838917bc7e7c3.png

image.png

I read somewhere that the bump stocks were originally invented for people with disabilities to make the weapon fire easily. It wasn't intended to make a full auto out of a semi-auto. In fact it was under the Obama adm. that these were deemed legal!

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I read somewhere that the bump stocks were originally invented for people with disabilities to make the weapon fire easily. It wasn't intended to make a full auto out of a semi-auto. In fact it was under the Obama adm. that these were deemed legal!

I think you are confusing the bump fire stock with something completely different. The Sig arm brace was originally developed and patented and approved by the batf as an aid to help disabled or handicapped shooters more efficiently and safely handle an AR-15 type pistol. The Sig Sauer arm brace has nothing to do with increasing the rate of fire of a weapon.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Never had a Credit Card in my life. Use Check, Debit, or Cash only. If I don't have the money, I don't need it.  Don't like to owe anyone.  MT

Sound and practical advice. 

Archived