SASS Wire Forum

How do you post a video from your youtube channel to the wire?

Kirk James

Can someone explain step by step how to post a video from youtube or the desktop of your computer to the wire? 

Copy URL and paste

Rooster 

yPM45RntqBq

just a test

I am trying.  Enjoy videos of my kids.  Doing something wrong.  Suggestions

Kirk, Check your private messages

Here is how I grab a video from Youtube..........

First go out to Youtube or similar video viewing source and start the video you want to grab.

As shown in the photo below you need to do two things

1. right click on the video itself and a preference box will appear as seen below.

2. Right click on the line that says "Copy video URL"

5a3315bc56512_codyvideoexample.jpg.a193a7f4ca6d27c2531a0dd9654f9319.jpg

3. You now have now captured the video's url Location in memory so put your mouse anywhere in your message and right click then select "paste" and the video will appear.

Here is where I selected paste..........

53 minutes ago, Kirk James said:

Looks like you did it.

1 hour ago, Kirk James said:

Link works just fine.

Not all videos will show up with a screen grab. Some are a link only.

This one downloads first but it plays just fine.

You are pasting a link from your Google Drive, not the URL from YouTube.

The above video was filmed by Joker' s Wild.  A company from Brazil stole it from him and posted it receiving over a million and a half views in less than 24 hours.  Joker's Wild has posted again and received almost 600,000 hits. 

Thanks everybody for their patience.  A special thanks to Deadeye George for walking me through it.

13 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Thanks everybody for their patience.  A special thanks to Deadeye George for walking me through it.

As we were working through some problems last night Kirk shared some of his ideas on how he and many other top shooters could bring some helpful ideas the Wire.  In another thread he recently commented "The wire would benefit from a discussion forum regarding the ideas from top shooters.  This could include techniques, firearms, gunsmithing information, mental management etc…".  Along the same lines of these discussion groups, having top shooters posting their videos is an excellent way for new or recently new shooters such as myself or even seasoned veterans who just need to polish their routines to pick up tips simply from watching the videos.  And having shooters posting instructional videos along with commentaries from them and allowing back and forth discussions would be very helpful.   A perfect example of what an instructional video could be like is the video that Kirk posted above entitled "2016 EOT stage 9 winner (13:30) Cody James".  Around the 25 second mark the video was slowed down and a voice-over explained exactly what to look for. 

I have the good fortune of shooting with several of the folks in some of the above videos and am constantly being helped with tips and advice at our local matches and have even spent hours of one-on-one time with one of them.  All of this help has been gladly given and has not only increased my speed but has made my shooting more fun and rewarding and I can only imagine how many shooters would benefit from having these top shooters posting videos for us.

19 hours ago, Kirk James said:

This one worked for me.  thanks for post.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post a photo.

sliphammers

Those young shooters never cease to utterly amaze me. Good shootin SASS Kicker & Cody James

Archived