SASS Wire Forum

2018 SASS Florida State Championship

Cassalong Hopidy

I stayed in FL!   

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bought a campsight, with a 34' airstream, 10x20' furnished FL room, and 8x10 shed outfitted as a kitchen and laundry room, a 26' storage trailer with generator and air compressor, 2 golf carts and 2 bikes for 37K,,,  expenses here are only 2k a year,,, dint need a lottery ticket..

18 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That sounds like a great deal.  Some people are just at the right place at the right time.  

actually there are more here available...Paradise airstream park, punta gorda fl

12 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

actually there are more here available...Paradise airstream park, punta gorda fl

Do you really want someone whose secret alias is Evil Bob moving to Florida?

He consorts with attorneys.

There goes the neighborhood.

:lol:

Waimea

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I am retired from consorting with attorneys on a professional level.  I have turned over my evil ways.  I am now Compasionate Bob.  

Yeah who hides midgets in his basement from the ice cream guy.:P:D

45 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think we have drifted off topic.......again.  Sorry Cass.

What topic?

Oh, Florida State Match.

Yeeeehaaaa, can't wait.

Dang it's just around the corner too.

Waimea

For those who may not have seen Scarlett's post, we will have the following Long Range events: pistol caliber lever action (100 yards offhand), rifle caliber lever action (sticks, 200 and 300 yards), single shot (sticks, 200 and 300 yards) and single shot at the white buffalo at 400 yards. Shootoffs mostly offhand. There will be a sighter target.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

So am I the only one getting impatient for this match! 7 days and a wakeup and we’ll be sending lead downrange. 

Lots of shooting coming up: Doc Holiday’s Immortals Annual this Saturday, Florida State in a week, then a month later Georgia State!

You aren't alone.  I am chomping at the bit as well and know from calls I am getting daily now that others are ready to get the party started.  We've got the targets staged for set up and props ready to go.  I'm thinking Capts. Call and McRae would feel right at home.

1 hour ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

You aren't alone.  I am chomping at the bit as well and know from calls I am getting daily now that others are ready to get the party started.  We've got the targets staged for set up and props ready to go.  I'm thinking Capts. Call and McRae would feel right at home.

I'm heading over Wednesday sometime if you need an extra set of hands on the range for setup?

looks like the weather is gonna be nigh unto perfect

Thanks Fireball.  Would love having your help.  Yep, Cheyenne-weather forecast is good.  Uh, Dave-wrong twirler.  Lassiter wears black like her though.

5 hours ago, Hollywood Dave said:

Lassiter would never look that good in a corset:lol:

https://www.denik.cz/galerie/foto.html?mm=2190&s=44

Getting ready head out south on Sunday.  Wagon is almost loaded and the mules are getting restless!  Weather looks like it was ordered up speshul by someone with close ties to the weather girl. Cass? :o

Kajun

Yep, Kajun and I are headed South at first light.  We will wander around some and end up getting to the match on Wendesday.  Cass, if you need some help setting stuff up, have any use for strong back and a weak mind, I'd like to volunteer Kajun's services.  

13 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Yep, Kajun and I are headed South at first light.  We will wander around some and end up getting to the match on Wendesday.  Cass, if you need some help setting stuff up, have any use for strong back and a weak mind, I'd like to volunteer Kajun's services.  

Yep Cass, I'm good at supervising Evil Bob, lawd knows that boy will go South in ya in a New York minute.  What little mind he has wanders off if'n ya don't keep after him.  I'll see if I can keep his GPS from being reprogrammed in Portuguese like it did the last time we traversed southward together. :lol:

Kajun

I'll gladly accept all the help I can get-strong back, weak back, strong mind, weak mind, strong principles, loose or none at all-- as long as the targets get set where they need to be, I can overlook virtually all personal characteristics. 

58 minutes ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

How’s the weather up there?  I ain’t never been that far north before.

Cold.  Bring yer bear skin....:lol:

2 hours ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

How’s the weather up there?  I ain’t never been that far north before.

Oh, come on Dad...........Shirley you had to leave the state while fighting the Yankees' during the War of Northern Aggression.

Must have forgot about that.

Weather?  Overnight lows of 55-60. Afternoon highs 76-82.  I don't think it gets any better.  Somebody please load some rounds for Santa Fe River Stan and Fireball so they aren't late.  Don't know when I've been more excited.  Stages start going up tomorrow.  Oh, by the way, Taylors Firearms is coming--and giving a gun away they tell me!  Yeehaw.

Cass and his crew are putting on a first class shoot. We shot the warm up match today. Targets are all big. Props ate fantastic.  Looks like we are going to have great weather all weeekend.

1 minute ago, Hollywood Dave said:

The shuttle driver is great too. 

Hollywood Dave, I  left that part out. The shuttle driver is your best pard. (You saved me a long walk this morning).

Guest Hollywood Dave

My cell is 850-209-1620 for your next ride tomorrow. I have been giving it to everyone who takes a long ride. 

Archived