SASS Wire Forum

2018 SASS Florida State Championship

Cassalong Hopidy

The SASS Florida State Championship, Red Hills Ruckus, will be held April 19-22, 2018 in Tallahassee, Florida.  Limited to the first 200 shooters to apply.  With a 10-stage main match based on the Lonesome Dove series, the schedule includes Black Powder and Wild Bunch mini-matches, as well as a 3-stage Warm Up match and all the side matches you love--speed rifle, pistol, shotgun and pocket pistol/derringer, long range and Cowboys Clays.  RO classes will be offered and the awards banquet Saturday night is at one of the premier conference centers in the state. 

Enjoy stages built on great scenes like this one:  

The application may be found at the following link:  https://redhillsrangers.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/2018-fla-champ-app-2.pdf.  A separate waiver, available on the website, should also be submitted with each application.  Directions and additional details may be found at the Red Hills Rangers website:  https://redhillsrangers.com/.

Or feel free to contact Cassalong Hopidy at cdv1875@comcast.net or by telephone at 850.459.5472.  A number of World, National, Regional and State champions are already registered, as well as many of us mere mortals, so don't get left out.  See you at the Ruckus in April.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max & Ophelia will be there for sure!!

I've planning to come out of semi-retirement and shoot this match.  There's guaranteed to be Freestyle!!(someones gotta entertain the spotters! :P )

3 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

I've planning to come out of semi-retirement and shoot this match.  There's guaranteed to be Freestyle!!(someones gotta entertain the spotters! :P )

Aww Crap!

I wasn't even thinking about this one. BUT! If I can shoot with my HERO Fireball I will make an exception.

14 hours ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Aww Crap!

I wasn't even thinking about this one. BUT! If I can shoot with my HERO Fireball I will make an exception.

Well, come on down then!!  Maybe we should start a PRGF posse for the mini match....scratch that, it's been so long I'm not sure my left hand even knows where the trigger is! :P  

We'll take the hugs from "Greta" But I won't take hugs from "Sam" ( Ennah Might). Fireball glad to see you come out of retirement to shoot and I hope you still Drink.

I'm really feeling my age but I still use the "Manatee" rifle he did at the Orlando "Last Stand". Man I am old!!

Gunfighters Rule.

Fireball, I'm glad you remember "Manatee" he inspired me while "Lassiter" shot me!!

Good news--after working further on allocation of shooting bays, we are making the Warm Up match 4 stages rather than 3.  And if I didn't mention it, there will be plenty of BIG and CLOSE in the match.  For those who like distant targets, we have Long Range competition that will let you send some lead WAY down range.  Come join the fun in April.

I went to the Red Hills Rangers inaugural match in November 2016 and a good match it was. I returned for their first annual event in November 2017. They had added several building fronts, a gnarly swinger. IT WAS A GREAT MATCH!!!!!!!. I am really looking forward to seeing what Cass and the Gang of scoundrels have planned for the State Match in April 2018.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:24 PM, Hollifer A. Dollar said:

& no swinging target!

What've you got against SWINGERS?

I'll be there!  Can't wait. 

9 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Er uh.....Scarlett....what are ya saying here....exactly? B)

Kajun

23 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Oh it was a pretty fast small swingin’ target at the annual he was testing. Cass is going to leave that swinger out of the State match though. :D

Please do come, CPJ.  There will be lots of Georgia shooters there--and I count myself partly among them since I was born in Georgia and shot out of the Atlanta area for 5 years (2010-2015) with the South River Shootists, River Bend Rough Riders, Cherokee Cowboys, Georgia Piedmont Regulators and Doc Holliday's Immortals, among others--and still do from time to time.  We need to get an interstate competition going anyway.  There are already a half dozen states represented (Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio and New York), with World, Regional and National Champions from all of them.  What state would you predict will pick up the most 1st place category wins?  Maybe we need a traveling award for the winner of that rivalry!  Sure hope you can make it.

Oh--And I forgot to mention that Korrupt Karl  (the Don Rickles of CAS) is coming--partly to co-Emcee the Awards Banquet, so make that 7 states in the mix to date.

7 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Please do come, CPJ.  There will be lots of Georgia shooters there--and I count myself partly among them since I was born in Georgia and shot out of the Atlanta area for 5 years (2010-2015) with the South River Shootists, River Bend Rough Riders, Cherokee Cowboys, Georgia Piedmont Regulators and Doc Holliday's Immortals, among others--and still do from time to time.  We need to get an interstate competition going anyway.  There are already a half dozen states represented (Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio and New York), with World, Regional and National Champions from all of them.  What state would you predict will pick up the most 1st place category wins?  Maybe we need a traveling award for the winner of that rivalry!  Sure hope you can make it.

Cassalong, I am on the new side of Cowboy Action but have been to two state matches (GA, AL) and the Southeast Regional. After seeing the award ceremony at each I am going to say GA is going to be the big winner!!! I myself will just be a handicap to all of the good shooters in GA. :D but I will be pulling for all of them!! Printed the app off and will be getting it in the mail today along with my Back at Cha! Sent my Dark Day in Santa Fe in two days ago!! I love this sport and the people in it. Now I just need to decide what category I will be shooting in each match. 49er or OUTLAW?

2 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Cassalong, I am on the new side of Cowboy Action but have been to two state matches (GA, AL) and the Southeast Regional. After seeing the award ceremony at each I am going to say GA is going to be the big winner!!! I myself will just be a handicap to all of the good shooters in GA. :D but I will be pulling for all of them!! Printed the app off and will be getting it in the mail today along with my Back at Cha! Sent my Dark Day in Santa Fe in two days ago!! I love this sport and the people in it. Now I just need to decide what category I will be shooting in each match. 49er or OUTLAW?

Welcome.  I love this game too--and the people who make it such a joy.   Will be great to see you and as for category, you should have plenty of company in either Outlaw or 49'er.  Georgia will be strong but with shooters like Santa Fe River Stan, Delta Glen,  Hawkeye Gin, Arcadia Outlaw, Little Man, Shelleen, Rooster Ray, Cypress Sun, Amaduelist, Shoulda Dun Gun, Rocky Creek Shooter, and many others, Florida will be a force to be reckoned with.

6 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just make shore he brangs Kill R Bee wif him...:wub:

Kajun

Amen, brother. I don't think I could stand looking at his old mug too long if she weren't there to,pretty things up--and she can shoot!

15 minutes ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Welcome.  I love this game too--and the people who make it such a joy.   Will be great to see you and as for category, you should have plenty of company in either Outlaw or 49'er.  Georgia will be strong but with shooters like Santa Fe River Stan, Delta Glen,  Hawkeye Gin, Arcadia Outlaw, Little Man, Shelleen, Rooster Ray, Cypress Sun, Amaduelist, Shoulda Dun Gun, Rocky Creek Shooter, and many others, Florida will be a force to be reckoned with.

I was in the shootout against Delta Glen, he crushed me! LOL FL has some great shooters, love the competition and love rivalries GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!! 

39 minutes ago, Bo Dacious said:

Cant believe Im out here on a front porch in a swang, just a swigging

There....I fixed it fer ya! B)

Kajun

1 hour ago, Bo Dacious said:

Cant believe Im out here on a front porch in a swang, just a swinging

Alright Little Charlotte, back in the house.  And don't let me catch you hanging 'round any more of that South Carolina riff raff.

Archived