SASS Wire Forum

2018 SASS Florida State Championship

Cassalong Hopidy

7 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Kind words, Ha.  I'm bringing Monkey Dust and my last chicken foot for you Cass.  I'm planning on beating you with your own rifle.

Looking forward to it.  Winter is just too long around here.

Badlands Bob 

And the Gauntlet has been thrown. :o MT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Kind words, Ha.  I'm bringing Monkey Dust and my last chicken foot for you Cass.  I'm planning on beating you with your own rifle.

Looking forward to it.  Winter is just too long around here.

Badlands Bob 

Bring on the Monkey Dust, friend, and all the chicken parts you can find (as long as I don't have to hold a rubber chicken stuffed with lead while shooting rifle).   Trying to talk Koda Joe into coming so you'll have someone else to turn your evil powers against.

Miss you man.  I couldn't be bested by a better cowboy.  Though I expect that long North Georgia winter has got you rusted up pretty tight.  It's only snowed once here in Florida this winter.

well now, I cudn't let a huge gathering of gunfighters converge on The Red Hills Ruckus without me!!  App will go out today,,, and already have a campsite reserved there,,

gonna be a good time in the old town that weekend!!

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

well now, I cudn't let a huge gathering of gunfighters converge on The Red Hills Ruckus without me!!  App will go out today,,, and already have a campsite reserved there,,

gonna be a good time in the old town that weekend!!

Glad you're coming Cheyenne. Look forward to seeing you.

22 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Kind words, Ha.  I'm bringing Monkey Dust and my last chicken foot for you Cass.  I'm planning on beating you with your own rifle.....yadda yadda yadda........

EviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiL Bob 

20 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Bring on the Monkey Dust, friend, and all the chicken parts you can find (as long as I don't have to hold a rubber chicken stuffed with lead while shooting rifle)..yadda yadda yadda.

Cass, it's too bad that Evil Bob isn't taking this upcoming trip in reverse order.  We a heading west after the FL state match and are gonna end up at my family reunion in Lafayette LA the following Saturday.  We'll make several stops along the way and will be traveling through God's country (Kajun Kountry).  Evil Bob will be passing several stores that sell chicken feet, voodoo dolls and the like.  If he'd go in reverse order he'd have a whole passel of chicken parts and assorted evil spell 'puteroners' with which to assail you and Koda Joe and all the other GF types at the match.  I hope his last chicken foot ain't pigeon toed! :blink:

Kajun

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Chicken feet and monkey dust aside, if I recall correctly Dang it Dan was shooting Gunfighter before his hiatus.

Chicken feet is powerful stuff!  Even better, scratch your competition with a monkey's foot. :lol:

Kajun

30 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Chicken feet is powerful stuff!  Even better, scratch your competition with a monkey's foot. :lol:

Kajun

14 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Chicken feet and monkey dust aside, if I recall correctly Dang it Dan was shooting Gunfighter before his hiatus.

We are speaking of Humans here. The Borgs do their own thing.

7 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I heard a rumor that Shyannie was hiding out in Florida.  This looks like it's going to turn out to be a pretty good party.

"pretty good party"?  Looks like its going to be a massacre.  All these fast gunfighters gathering in one place with only one survivor.  :o  MT

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I think Bob may need to step up to ostrich feet and gorilla dust. I don’t think chickens and monkeys are gonna get it done.

Evil Bob's monkeys are efficient and his chickens have extra stink so I think he'll do fine! :lol:

Kajun

Well, dry camping at the range is FULL and we are down to about 40 openings, so please don't delay any longer.  I know another 15 or so shooters that are coming for sure so the available slots are fewer than the registrations in hand suggest.

On the matter of an interstate team match, we will have people from states where there are not 3 or 4 shooters, so I want to invite suggestions for allowing the creation of teams to represent states like Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Delaware, New York and others that won't be able to field a team of shooters from their state alone.  

What have you seen that was fun and works?  

I think more and more people are discovering that camping on the range is the way to go.  It sure does make it more convenient at nap time for us retired folks.  People tend to molest you when you take a nap on a picnic table.

Say it ain't so, BB.  I can't stand the thought of you being molested--though I struggle even more with the idea of eating off a picnic table you napped on.

On 2/3/2018 at 6:58 AM, Bo Dacious said:

We are speaking of Humans here. The Borgs do their own thing.

Bo Dacious, Outlaw Borg:lol:

Waimea

19 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think more and more people are discovering that camping on the range is the way to go.  It sure does make it more convenient at nap time for us retired folks.  People tend to molest you when you take a nap on a picnic table. #METOO

There ya go Evil Bob, I fixed it fer ya! :lol:

Kajun

19 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think more and more people are discovering that camping on the range is the way to go.  It sure does make it more convenient at nap time for us retired folks.  People tend to molest you when you take a nap on a picnic table.

I think Bob is engaging in some wishful thinking here.  Maybe dreams of that little cutie from Alabama, what was her name>>>Bertha?  Kind of short if I remember and used to hang out with Skittles.

I taint skeert of chicken laigs an such,,,,  brangun tha far an brimstone I iz!!!   Iz gotz hot sause for tha laigs

maebe tham boyz down yonder will be dun tiert of beun wupped on bie thin!!  Heddun souf en a cupple dayz ...

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I think Bob is engaging in some wishful thinking here.  Maybe dreams of that little cutie from Alabama, what was her name>>>Bertha?  Kind of short if I remember and used to hang out with Skittles.

I lost track of Bertha.  Skittles treated her so bad, she went and ran off with an ice cream truck driver.  Last I heard, she was out West writing bad checks.

27 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I lost track of Bertha.  Skittles treated her so bad, she went and ran off with an ice cream truck driver.  Last I heard, she was out West writing bad checks.

See what happens Evil Bob....when you wake up from your nap on the picnic table.....your "good name" has been besmirched and your pockets have been picked. :lol:

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

See what happens Evil Bob....when you wake up from your nap on the picnic table.....your "good name" has been besmirched and your pockets have been picked. :lol:

Kajun

Happens every time.  

• 4 weeks later...

Match Update

The 2018 SASS Florida State Championship, Red Hills Ruckus, is nearly here, just a few short weeks away.  We are right at 190 shooters, representing some 16 states, so there are but a few slots left--with a cap of 200.  Props are being finished, painted and gathered for assembly on site.  Some 170+ buckles are in production,  as are numerous plaques for side match, costume, Spirit of the Game and other awards.

We are raffling off a new Dillon 650XL with .38 cal. conversion kit.  The winning ticket will be drawn at the Saturday evening awards banquet.

The ROI course is being offered Wednesday evening, April 18, the night before the side matches, and with a new Shooter's Handbook recently released, there couldn't be a better time to take the course--either for the first time or on a refresher basis.   You can pay at the time of the class ($10/$5), but please let me know ahead of time if you plan to attend.

We will have vendors selling custom knives, bullets, powder, primers,  carts, clothing, gunsmithing and more during the match, including breakfast and lunch at the range.  The finishing touches are being made to the shooter's book which will go to the printer shortly.  I sincerely appreciate the great show of support from all--including so many of us regular joes but also  numerous World, National, Regional and State Champions -whose participation ought to assure that we have a lively Top Gun Shootoff Sunday morning.  

We'll be getting rowdy at the Ruckus, April 19-22, 2018.  See you soon.

hmmm a 650?  got my name engraved on it yet? hehe

Guest Hollywood Dave

I am looking forward to the RO class and working the event. I would like my Dillon in 45 please. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of short updates.  Assuming the last few people who indicated they are registering follow through, we are full.   There are no dry camping spots left at Talon Range, though there are several RV/tent campgrounds nearby.  They are listed, with phone numbers, on the Red Hills Rangers website.

Don't forget to tell Shamrock Sadie, Deadly Sharpshooter or me if you want to take the ROI course Wednesday evening, the night before the side matches.

Under the leadership of Dakota Lil', the costume contest will select winners from the following categories (so dress to win Saturday evening, April 21st):

Best Dressed Town Lady

Best Dressed Town Gent

Best Dressed Couple

Best Dressed B Western Cowboy

Best Dressed  B Western Cowgirl

Best Dressed Classic Cowboy

Best Dressed Classic Cowgirl

Best Dressed Native American

Best Dressed Military

Best Dressed Young Boy

Best Dressed Young Girl

Remember, we are having Speed everything, Long Range, Cowboy Clays, a 4-stage Wild Bunch match, a 4-stage Black Powder match, and a 4-stage Warm Up for practice, which you can shoot both morning and afternoon.  Can't wait to see Lassiter showing us how to toss iron around or watch the Couples and Team matches in the afternoons.  To say nothing of the Top 16/Top 8 Sunday morning following Cowboy Church led by Rocky Creek Shooter.  If you don't think that will be a barn burner, go look at the shooter list on the RHR website--some of the fastest guns in the world will be there and you won't want to spot if you don't have quick eyes!  Thanks for all the support.  I hope it will be a match to remember.  

Cassalong Hopidy

Just checked the "whose coming list".......Wed Wiver Way and Free Cut...well awrighty then.  It's gonna be a barn burner wif a fair amount of 'sociable' drankin! :blink::D

Kajun

2 hours ago, M.T Chambers, SASS#76185 said:

I left Tavares and 85 degree sunshine last Sunday after "The Ides",  to come home to 28 degrees, 14" of snow and a cancelled monthly - I wanna come back to Florida! 

The inside of my refrigerator is warmer then that. MT

4 hours ago, M.T Chambers, SASS#76185 said:

I left Tavares and 85 degree sunshine last Sunday after "The Ides",  to come home to 28 degrees, 14" of snow and a cancelled monthly - I wanna come back to Florida! 

We only had 4 inches of snow and 25°.

Archived