SASS Wire Forum

When Protesters Get Organized

Subdeacon Joe

Hmmm....I wonder how these folks would like to listen to my horn for an extended period of time?

I just had some ideas for something like this, if it was something that one might encounter often enough to warrant the trouble it would take.

• Mount a couple "bear spray" canisters behind the grill and set them up to be activated from inside your vehicle. Raise windows / turn off AC.
  • Install a 120dB horn.
  • Install a PA and have a recording of Jim Carrie's "Most annoying sound in the world" on a loop playback.
  • Install a PA and play the sound of a 12 gauge getting racked. Be ready to move fast, you'll probably only get one try.
  • Get a leak proof stream sprayer and fill it with "Liquid @$$" fart spray and hose them down from the comfort of your car - get a clothes pin for nose.
  • Night time? Loud horn and some aircraft landing lights.

Of course, probably with any of these, you'll sustain some body damage when they get mad and start pummeling your car. And more than likely you will be arrested for violating their "rights". Never mind the fact that in most states blocking someone's path is a misdemeanor...but I digress.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Of course, probably with any of these, you'll sustain some body damage when they get mad and start pummeling your car.

Pummel?  You jest!  A couple of pila into your tires and grill.  Or maybe pila to the tires and spathae through the grill.

Funny; this image has an element of a Rorschach test....

"When you look at this picture, is your first thought:

• Sympathy for the driver, and anger with those blocking his path? Or,
  • Sympathy with the soldiers, and anger with the driver who appears to be about to run them down; Or,
  • Amusement with the anachronistic element; Or,
  • Curiosity regarding who would actually win such an encounter; Or,
  • Something else altogether?

Despite the title, I never thought of the term "protesters" in conjunction with this pic; "re-enactors" does come to mind, and I immediately side with them in their struggle against the armored barbarians.

LL

Told to me by a Queen's Cowboy, who had taken a course in handling "extreme" rioting:

"You want to clear an area fast CLK? Water cannon on a large fire truck and put a healthy AC current charge through it. Watch 'em dance"

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

• Sympathy with the soldiers, and anger with the driver who appears to be about to run them down; Or,

Despite the title, I never thought of the term "protesters" in conjunction with this pic; "re-enactors" does come to mind, and I immediately side with them in their struggle against the armored barbarians.

LL

I had lots of thoughts stumbling over each other.  One was, Testudo - a good way to clear the rioters if you can't use Pike and Shot. Trying to elbow it out of the way and be first was "Get the rest of the maniple and THAT'S how you block the roads!"  Grabbing at both was "Could a maniple stop a car?"

Of course, the first thing was a chuckle at the whole set up.

9 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

TESTUDO!

weekend-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-2305.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

My guess is this is a wonderfully snarky parody and not a real protest. Any of you seen the movie 300?

Someone put some real thought and effort into this one. :-)

Makes me think of the old D-9 bulldozer with that inline 6 diesel engine.  Clack, Clack, Clack, Clack, Clack, crunch!  Clack, Clack, Clack, Clack, Clack, Clack.... Urban terrorist beware, the D-9 is looking for you! 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

None of the above

Archived