SASS Wire Forum

Chicago, Glad to see it Works There...

Texas Lizard

On ABC Nightly news tonight the info babe talked about Turkey and how terrible it is there. 350 people killed in terrorist attacks this year! Hmmm....does she know that Chicago had more than twice that many??? What a joke! :angry:

Only 762, up 57% from last year...

We don't need to say anything, just information only....

Texas Lizard

762 is just the number they found. The "missing person" cases are not calculated into that number. No body, no murder.

Turkey had more murders than that. Just 350 attributed to terrorists.

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=19383

Still safer than Chicago!! Even though this shows 2015 stats, I believe 2016 stats are about the same!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=19383

Still safer than Chicago!! Even though this shows 2015 stats, I believe 2016 stats are about the same!

I don't have the numbers but I believe hunting was better in 2016 by quite a few.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/01/1-chicagos-bloodiest-years-ends-with-762-homicides.html

The city of Chicago recorded 762 homicides in 2016 — an average of two murders per day, the most killings in the city for two decades and more than New York and Los Angeles combined.

The nation's third largest city also saw 1,100 more shooting incidents than it did in 2015, according to statistics released by the Chicago Police Department that underlined a story of bloodshed that has put Chicago at the center of a national dialogue about gun violence.

The numbers released Sunday are staggering, even for those following the steady news accounts of weekends ending with dozens of shootings and monthly death tolls that hadn't been seen in years. The increase in 2016 homicides compared to 2015, when 485 were reported, is the largest spike in 60 years.

Police and city officials have lamented the flood of illegal guns into the city, and the crime statistics appeared to support their claims: Police recovered 8,300 illegal guns in 2015, a 20 percent from the previous year.

When I worked the DPD, and Detroit was homicide capital for a couple of years in a row, the city fathers decided to get the homicide rate down. What they did, was to have our homicide section list all deaths as suicide until proven other wise. On my weekly visit to the Wayne County morgue......I saw a whole lot of people that were really determined to kill them selves. One that comes to mind was a black guy, bound in barbed wire, privates burned off, shot in the back of the head and found in a sewer.................toe tag. SUICIDE.

Last Sunday "60 Minutes" did a piece on Chicago's rise in the murder rate and the lowering of police actions. Cops had found out they can be personally sued, in addition to being hung out to dry by the mayor and city elders. The cops are just responding to 911 calls now. Personally, I don't blame the Chicago cops.

When I worked the DPD, and Detroit was homicide capital for a couple of years in a row, the city fathers decided to get the homicide rate down. What they did, was to have our homicide section list all deaths as suicide until proven other wise. On my weekly visit to the Wayne County morgue......I saw a whole lot of people that were really determined to kill them selves. One that comes to mind was a black guy, bound in barbed wire, privates burned off, shot in the back of the head and found in a sewer.................toe tag. SUICIDE.

South Africa made it a crime to report crime statistics. If you rented a car you were advised not to stop for redlights at night.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and lived there until I went away to college and then the Air Force. Back in the 1940's and '50's there were certain neighborhoods where it wasn't a good idea to go. But until 1954, when we move to a northern suburb, the South Side wasn't bad at all. Mostly blue collar with a few professional people living there. Now, sadly, it's a freefire zone! Shame! :(