SASS Wire Forum

This place is crawling with gunfighters!

Jackalope

My wife mentioned that of 190 shooters who finished the Black Gold Shootout last weekend, 42(!) of them were shooting some form of gunfighter category, including Outlaw. Our local matches at Oak Ridge, TN, often have one-third or more of the competitors in a gunfighter category.

Are the gunfighter categories growing in your area...or is there just something in the water here?

(Aside from Oak Ridge National Lab residue, assorted radioactive waste materials and fly ash...)

Jackalope

I believe there are more gunfighters at most of the clubs that I shoot at.

At last match I was the only FTCG. Other matches we've had as many as four out some 30 shooters. I think the other shooters enjoy watching someone shoot gunfighter - especially black powder. But they are reluctant to try it themselves.

YEP, we are loaded up with GFer's.

And one of the best is a BPGF name Jackalope..... who can put a good whooping on all the other GFer's most any day. PLUS, he puts a good whooping on the other category shooters also.

..........Widder

Gunfighters are growing at Tusco as well! The secret is out!!!! We have the most fun!!

ohio has a great group of GFs!!! and more coming on board every weekend!!!

I figure everyone wants to shoot gunfighter, I feel bad for those folks who only have one thumb that works thus keeping them out of the best category

I figure everyone wants to shoot gunfighter, I feel bad for those folks who only have one thumb that works thus keeping them out of the best category

Also the ones that need 2 hands to hold that old pistola up! LOL

Archived