SASS Wire Forum

Adios Broncos

Utah Bob #35998

Losing players left and right. Every team wants some of the magic and has the bucks to pay for it.

No repeat Super Bowl next year.

Biggest problem is the salary cap! This isn't the first time, nor exclusive to football. Miami Dolphins won the World Series and the next year the team was dismantled, including the manager. When you are very, very good, you can command more money then some teams can afford. Oh, well...wait til next decade! :(

Elways going to have to pull lots if rabbits from hats to fill those holes.

The Miami Dolphins won the World Series?!? Who else knew this and didn't tell?

High money does a lot of talking, especially when pro careers average 3-5 years, rarely go over 15 years and can end in an instant due to an injury.

I feel your pain, the BROWNS have let go of the few players they had that were actually good! Looks like 1-15 next year or maybe 0-16??? :(

Thirty two teams in the NFL.

Two went to the Superbowl, One won it.

The rest didn't.

The world still goes on.

The hype still goes on.

Now they are selling NFL attire in the grocery store.

Just another distraction.

Think I'll have another cuppa joe.

After last years Superbowl anti police half time farce which the National Felons League approved and condoned I don't give a crap about them and will not allow their games on the TV in my home.

Biggest problem is the salary cap! This isn't the first time, nor exclusive to football. Miami Dolphins won the World Series and the next year the team was dismantled, including the manager. When you are very, very good, you can command more money then some teams can afford. Oh, well...wait til next decade! :(

When I lived in Miami we thought it was the Florida Marlins who won the Series. At least that 's what it says on my old ball cap. ;)

The Miami Dolphins won the World Series?!? Who else knew this and didn't tell?

I'm with you. I wonder what those guys would look like running the bases in all those pads...............

Unfortunately, money does talk. The Angels won the World Series and were sold by Disney later that year. The new owner wasn't willing to pay the players what they were worth and he ended up with the team he has now. I will still root for my Halo's but I sure wish they would get their act together and perform.

Losing players left and right. Every team wants some of the magic and has the bucks to pay for it.

No repeat Super Bowl next year.

It's all cyclical, due in large part to the salary cap. What this means is that my Oakland A's now have a chance to make a run at the division for the next 3-5 years. I also heard a rumor that the Broncos might trade for the Niners Kapernick. That dude is awful, so that will only increase our chances of winning.

The only bright spot in the history of the Mariners, that I can see, is when Sweet Lou

was coaching. They had some decent teams and played some exciting ball. Sice Lou

left the have lacked spirit, talent and a winning season. Long on hype though.

I am still trying to figure out what the Cardinals are up to. At least they have won games

in the past and have a decent record. Besides, my late Grandma G would be all over me if I didn't

cheer for them. Send me bad dreams. :o

That Marlins team was comprised almost entirely of expensive free agents. They won the Series but the owner lost his shirt.

That Marlins team was comprised almost entirely of expensive free agents. They won the Series but the owner lost his shirt.

Nah. He was filthy rich. His shirt was safe. But owners who thing teams are a money maker are deluding themselves. :D

So, Bob, tell me...did the Texans get rooked? I can't figure why they paid so much for an unknown(to me) backup. You know anything about him?

He has some skills. If he can build on what he learned as Manning's understudy he may mature into a good quarterback. He is reasonably mobile and pretty accurate. He does not read defenses well in my opinion and, when rushed, makes mistakes. The jury is out on him so far. He will need a top notch offensive line.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Hey UB, How about the Broncos go after a couple of Heisman second year, fired QBs? RG3 and Johnny Football! Hoss

Hey UB, How about the Broncos go after a couple of Heisman second year, fired QBs? RG3 and Johnny Football! Hoss

That has already been suggested believe it or not. :huh:

The Broncos signed Mark Sanchez today. His first 2 years in the league with the jets, he did pretty good. Later with a terrible offensive line was dead meat. We'll see.....

He went to my alma mater and was a pretty good QB there. He has (or had)the tools, but needs the right offensive scheme.

Broncos definately have a problem at QB.

The Broncos signed Mark Sanchez today. His first 2 years in the league with the jets, he did pretty good. Later with a terrible offensive line was dead meat. We'll see.....

He went to my alma mater and was a pretty good QB there. He has (or had)the tools, but needs the right offensive scheme.

Broncos definately have a problem at QB.

Sanchez! Oy!

Go Rockies. ;)

Archived