SASS Wire Forum

People Fails (I'm pretty sure no animals were killed in the filming of these vignettes)

Cat Brules

Why do some morons think its funny to give a girl that's not knowledgible about firearms a big caliber hand gun and let her shoot it??? Understandably that girl will never enjoy the shooting of firearms and will most likely become an anti gun person.

I started my wife (who never shot a gun before) and all my kids with a .22 rifle or pistol. They all enjoy shooting to this day.

Dang watching that vid made me mad. The amount of stupid people in this world is truly amazing!!!!

Why do some morons think its funny to give a girl that's not knowledgible about firearms a big caliber hand gun and let her shoot it??? Understandably that girl will never enjoy the shooting of firearms and will most likely become an anti gun person.

I started my wife (who never shot a gun before) and all my kids with a .22 rifle or pistol. They all enjoy shooting to this day.

Dang watching that vid made me mad. The amount of stupid people in this world is truly amazing!!!!

That and the dangers of a semi-auto pointing in directions it shouldn't. Most of these, I'm sure, had beer or stronger involved.

That and the dangers of a semi-auto pointing in directions it shouldn't. Most of these, I'm sure, had beer or stronger involved.

Absolutely correct Yellowhouse. Booze and guns don't mix. Although as a former narc many a time we carried and drank in a bar to catch some dope dealer. But that was business. I also packed into Carson National forest and carried both a Winchester rifle and my 45 colt. At night we broke out the beer ( no hard stuff allowed PERIOD) and put our guns away. NEVER had any trouble once the people we were guiding knew the rules.

I've seen different versions of that, many times. And, tell you true, I'm trying to understand what the FAIL is, on a bunch of them.

Guy in camo in the desert, shooting a Barret offhand. So?

Guy shooting a shotgun and his pants fall down? Keeps it pointed downrange, even when pulling up his pants.

GREAT BIG fat guy, shooting a Glock 18.

Three or four people got scoped.

The little girl shooting the Barret prone. Closest thing to a FAIL there was the guy that got hit by the muzzle-brake blast, and he moved away from it.

Then the skinny guy, right after the jerk that set the AK on fire. Shooting a huge-caliber bolt gun, and it knocked him back each shot. Never lost control. Never dropped the gun. Continued on. After three with the bolt he did a couple of 700 Nitro out of a double gun. Again, except for it MOVED him, no problems.

You really have to wonder just how many more morons there are that don't get taped.

Most of the "fails" shown are idjits who fail to give their lady proper instruction in how to use the firearm.

The guy with the toddler should have stopped when it became obvious the kid had reached the limit of his attention span.

In general I'm not a big fan of videos like this for reasons others have stated above.

On the other hand, I do sometimes enjoy some of the antics of guys who should know better.

I guess I am cut from a different cloth. I enjoy a joke as well as the next guy, but making a video of someone doing

stupid things does not measure on my funny meter. When firearms are added to the mix, it goes from humor to horror.

There was a case at one of the gun ranges here locally, where a young lady that was not well acquainted with a big

caliber handgun, shot and killed her boyfriend in an accident. I don't think anybody was laughing when it happened.

Exactly.

Actually, it's disrespectful to "ambush" someone, especially someone who trusts you, respects you, looks up to you, and believes in you. No, the video isn't all that funny....more or less, most of these incidents contribute to fear of firearms as "supposedly" inanimate objects having taken on a demonized life of its own.

About the only one I found truly interesting and a cautionary tale, at that, is the one where, apparently, the shooter plugged off the muzzle of his rifle and blew the barrel, from the muzzle almost back to the the receiver.

Wonder if there's any truth to this?

>that was a Sako stainless rifle, Its a Finnish manufacturer but because Beretta bought the Finnish company the barrels are made in Italy instead of Finland, and you see what the quality is, after the barrel is cold forged it should stay in an oven to relieve the stress of the hammering for a given period, but they decided to speed up the production a little and they kept the barrels in stress relieving for too little time, that is why the barrel splits like banana peels.<

That particular video is on live leak, and that is one of the comments.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=395_1244455053

Me - I wonder why the camera was on the shooter. If he was (as it appears) shooting at some game animal, why weren't they filming the animal? See it react to the hit - maybe "drop like a rock"? But no - the shooter, and more importantly, the gun, was the camera subject.

It helps the anti-gun crowd by discrediting the law abiding not so stupid gun owner who is NOT depicted in these idiotic videos!

Archived