SASS Wire Forum

weapon used?

Trigger Mike

i have yet to find what weapon he used, originally i heard ak47 and today i heard a discussion about how easy it is to get an AR15. which rifle did he use and what pistol?

Supposedly a DMPS AR-15 and a Smith & Wesson MP-15 and a pair of 9mm pistols one of which was supposed to be a Star of some sort.

that explains something i heard then. some guy was on msnbc citing M & P means it is for the military and police and yet is easy to buy up to 100 of them if you want to and ammo as well.

Good grief.

Get ready for all sorts of "spin!" :angry:

Police news conference stated they fired (IIRC) some 1400 rounds of ".223" ammo and 200 rds of 9mm. In addition, they had over 1600 rounds of .223, a bunch of 9mm and (without elaboration on the fact that ".22 long rifle" ammo did NOT mean they were to be fired in a "long rifle" necessarily), plus bombs, bomb-making equipment, including remote-control toy cars...which has been described as a signature of IED's created by terrorists! San Bernardino PD, and FBI are "leaning toward" calling this a terrorist act. President Obama even says it MAY be one! :o If it walks like a duck, roars like a duck and has teeth, it may be a (duck-billed) Velocoraptor! :angry::angry::angry: :angry: :angry::angry:

How could they be modified to make them more powerful?

By adding the California only ".30 magazine clip."

Well, let's see.

I was told that variety of rifle is unlawful in California.

I was told the magazines they used was unlawful.

I know it's unlawful to engage in a conspiracy here in Ohio and they surely had to conspire to coordinate this attack out there, so I reckon it's illegal to plan such a deadly attack out that-a-way.

They brought ordinance into a no-carry zone, which is illegal in California.

They made explosive devices, which is illegal in California.

They assaulted, they murdered, they fled, they resisted, they threw pipe bombs ... illegal, illegal, illegal, illegal, illegal.

Now I'm just a poor dumb hillbilly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but ...

If all these laws did no good a'tall, it strikes me that more restrictive laws won't do much good either!

Well, let's see.

I was told that variety of rifle is unlawful in California.

I was told the magazines they used was unlawful.

I know it's unlawful to engage in a conspiracy here in Ohio and they surely had to conspire to coordinate this attack out there, so I reckon it's illegal to plan such a deadly attack out that-a-way.

They brought ordinance into a no-carry zone, which is illegal in California.

They made explosive devices, which is illegal in California.

They assaulted, they murdered, they fled, they resisted, they threw pipe bombs ... illegal, illegal, illegal, illegal, illegal.

Now I'm just a poor dumb hillbilly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but ...

If all these laws did no good a'tall, it strikes me that more restrictive laws won't do much good either!

Now, Linn, you know better than to try making sense outta a politician and his/her pet laws! :D;) You smokin' that wacky-backy again? ;)

Thank you for setting me straight. I am not at all familiar with the AR type platforms, so I ask.

I still do not understand this "button" mentioned. But I guess that doesn't matter. I have a hard

time getting past the 30-06 caliber and I don't think they make a black rifle that shoots 30-06.

Badger, the Bullet Button is a type of magazine release button that takes a tool such as a bullet tip to press and release the magazine. You can't just press it with your finger to drop the magazine.

http://www.scopedin.com/reviews/ar-15-equipment/the-bullet-button-magazine-release/

Badger, the Bullet Button is a type of magazine release button that takes a tool such as a bullet tip to press and release the magazine. You can't just press it with your finger to drop the magazine.

http://www.scopedin.com/reviews/ar-15-equipment/the-bullet-button-magazine-release/New

Fox News just reported that the Bullet Button was a button you push with the tip of a bullet to turn the semi-auto AR-15 into a full auto weapon, and that the two weapons used were manufactured that way. Additionally, when the male terrorist tried to use it, "it failed". You just cannot make this "stuff" up! What a crock. Sorry day for Fox News, and truly represents the ignorance of New York based media.

Thank you for setting me straight. I am not at all familiar with the AR type platforms, so I ask.

I still do not understand this "button" mentioned. But I guess that doesn't matter. I have a hard

time getting past the 30-06 caliber and I don't think they make a black rifle that shoots 30-06.

Noreen Firearms: An AR Pattern Rifle in 30-06.

BN36_30_06_AR_Right__41436.1447862602.12

The DMPS lowers are listed schedule B. Doesn't that make them illegal in CA? The newsies are all saying it was legal. Who bought them?

Archived