SASS Wire Forum

Those who have and those who will

ZigMar

Howdy

After almost 15 years in the game I got my first Stage DQ this year. Shuffled my feet a little bit to get a better view of the targets while my rifle was cocked. The RO felt bad giving it to me, but he was right.

rookies!!! :P:P;):D:D:D

:ph34r: You're right, Zig-- it WAS a great day today. And now that you've gotten that SDQ out of the way, you can continue to improve as you have at

each match. I know it's often difficult to notice it ourselves because we're too close to the action, but others can clearly see when improvement is being made. You've been speeding up and your accuracy, which always was good, is even improving.

It's a true pleasure to posse with you.

Its like getting the first scratch in a new truck or on a new gun. At some point you have numerous scratches that remind you of all the fun that you have had.

You just gotta know that the rule is for the purpose of safety and then laugh at yourself.

I've had two SDQ's, First was at GOA in 2003, I shot the rifle and put it down and drew my first pistol and cocked it as everyone was yelling, "RIFLE, RIFLE, RIFLE!!!! It got me so wound up I decocked the pistol and holstered it, shot the last round from the rifle and then finished the stage! Yea it was a stupid thing to do but with all the big mouths yelling at me, well………………. :P:P

The second one was at a local match, holstered my nice shiny nickeled Colt .45 and missed the dang holster, yep right on the ground in gravel it went, unloaded< SDQ!! I was more upset about the little scratch on the cylinder!! :lol:

1 SDQ AND 2 MDQS ain't proud of any of them.

Got my first MDQ last year at an Annual. Last stage, last firearms to use, as I ran to final part of stage. Tripped over the only depression in the ground, fell, and really hit the ground hard, one of my loaded pistols slid out of the holster. I was shooting good and clean. I'm just glad I didn't get hurt bad, my chest hurt for 2/3 weeks. MT

S

Well, now I have.

Got my 1st Stage DQ today.

Brought my rifle to the line with the hammer still cocked.

:-(

Man, was I embarrassed.

I did the exact same thing.

Uuuhhhh got mine the same way...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' we ain't alone are we?? :)

Thanks all. It still stings thought. I'd have disappeared in a poof of smoke if I could have. ;) Been thinking of what to do different at the loading table to not have that happen again.

I have a strict routine at the loading table. When loading I do things in order and only think about loading. After loading and rechecking my rifle and revolvers I start rehearsing the stage in my mind. I have been DQed just as you. When I did it was because I chatted with a pard at the loading table instead of fully focusing on the task in front of me.

Archived