SASS Wire Forum

Propane

Noz

I filled my tank yesterday for $.95/gallon. Cheapest for many years. I don't use much. All electric home with a supplemental ventless heater.

Not to rain on your party, but you are seeing the last of the low seasonal prices. With cold weather coming in soon, expect inventories to fall and prices to rise. Propane has a very short pricing cycle, and reacts quickly to market forces. Ninety-nine cents is exceptionally low. We're well above that here.

LL

Our local company had August for .95 cent special and pre-signup for the winter was set at $1. So, I signed up the camp's tanks for that much over the winter.

That's good to know!

My LP company wanted me to renew our contract at last years price. I threw it away, glad I did now.

Ours filled yesterday, a buck 59 a gallon, and tickled I was to get it.

Tank was only 20% low but cold weather is a-comin' and I like attair propane furnace reeeeal well.

You don't have to pack out many ashes over winter.

(We fired with coal when I was a lad, coal and wood we cut ourselves. Used the ashes to ash the hill in winter for traction.

Used to pack out ashes in five gallon buckets.

Now I know why Pa sired two fine strong boys!)

Paid $0.84 last week. Contracted a years supply for $0.89

Great deal!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I waited too long... just ordered my tank filled at the "low rate" of $2.14 per gallon. :(

• 3 months later...

Just ordered my tank filled... it'll take 165 gallons to bring the 250 gal tank to 80%.

$2.62 per gallon. Gasoline is now down to $2.07/gal for regular in these parts. Nowhere as bad as it has been, but still a bit of sticker shock when in years past propane was roughly half the price of gasoline. Fortunately, winter's almost over for us. :mellow:

My tank filled by our local dealer. Middle of the winter price is $1.22 delivered. By the way our diesel price is $1.67 per gallon.

Well... not to worry for us in the coast state... :)

The state gub'mint is working on a plan to introduce a new highway tax based on miles driven. This is absolutely necessary to pay for the construction and maintenance of our roads... and of COURSE they'll remove the "collected at the pump" road taxes. :rolleyes:

'Cept they can't... it seems that a goodly portion (most?) of those "road taxes" are funneled directly into the general fund.

I'm not sure how that figgers into the price o' propane, but hey... pricing's all topsy-turvy anyway. :wacko:

Archived