SASS Wire Forum

Guns of August SASS MidEast Regional

Seven Mile Tom

It is getting close to the SASS MidEast Regional, Guns of August, and there is still time to sign up. We are welcoming three new states to our region this year, West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland. Lassiter is designing the stages which are always fast and shooter friendly. And the Bunkhouse gang will again be cooking the Friday night dinner which is always an entertaining event. The Big Iron Rangers look forward to seeing everyone in less than a month. For more information check the web site at http://www.bigirons.com

cant wait.....the circus will be there in force!

Well, at least we'll be there! Not sure about the force thing. In numbers yes! As 7 Mile said, Doc's Tavern and Bunkhouse and Travelin Circus Crew will be cookin Friday night. Shucks, we will be cookin Thursday night in the campground too! Come on by! GOA is always a great time with old friends, new friends and Deadwoody Stan!!!!! Oh yeah, and one awesome match! Not to late, sign up or show up!

I am not sure, but, I suspect you won't find many other shoots with as many World Champions. At many stages it will be fun just

to sit back and watch the lead fly. And, some of the World Champions sing "purdy" good too! He tain't from Ohio, but, he sings

as well as he shoots.

For me, Guns of August is the Best all around Big Shoot (Hooten Ole Town's Kentucky State Shoot is the Best Little Shoot (August

21-23.....UH? Sorry, lost focus.....again!). Great Stages, Targets, Food, Facilities....One of the Best Opening Ceremonies you

will ever see, and Great People!!!

Yep, if the "Lord is Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise", I will be there.

KCD

Well, this will be the first GOA that I have not been able to compete in since I started cowboy shooting 15 years ago. My recent shoulder surgery is gonna keep me sidelined from the shooting but, the good news is that Pinky and I will still be there and are planning on being Berm Marshalls so a least we will be able to see everybody. Can't hardly wait. See ya in a few weeks...Doc

good news

Good news? Oh, you mean that PINKY will be coming!!!!! Yeah, that is good news! You.............Well..........Not so good cause you ain't shooting! Won't be the same, but will be good seeing ya ol friend!

no one claims me, but I'll be there!!!!

Great match! Great cowpokes. Great stages.

Unfortunately for me, life ain't allowing me attend....AGAIN! :(

I shud be there!!! a very very good match!!!!!!! a range like none other too!!!!!!

Doc, this is my first year shooting GOA. What is a berm Marshall?

If he tells you he'd have to kill ya.

KK

Great match...I'm hoping that events will allow me to attend....

FYI - if there is enough interested shooters we will have a 2 stage plainsman event on Thursday (side match day).

25 Single Shot Rifle Rounds

25 Cap and Ball Pistol Rounds

20+ Lever Action or Double Barrel Shotgun Rounds

If interested let me know and I will make it happen!

~ Blackjack Beeson

Looking forward to coming to this match! First time there! I'm gonna shoot and we (Tommy Gun & I) will also be vending - custom ear plugs, bullets and accessories. Looking forward to seeing everyone - Cheyenne Culpepper - I'll claim you!

The application is in and reservations at a local bunkhouse have been made.

Scarlett,

You and Tommy Gun are gona love this venue. I ain't been counting but I think this will be my 6th or 7th year in a row to GOA.

And I hope to shoot again with FJT on Lassiters posse.

It will be good to see you and Tom again.

..........Widder

Doc, this is my first year shooting GOA. What is a berm Marshall?

Sinola, a berm marshal or two are stationed at each stage. It is their job to see to it that every posse shoots the stage the same. They give the stage instructions to each posse and are the ones who answer any questions about that stage. It really is a good system, ensures a level playing field! I am itching to head out! I will be there for the warm up the weekend before and I just might have a can of spam with me......DEADWOODY!

Haven't sent my app in yet but I'm planning on being there!!! sitting here in Pelham NH gettting ready for the Great Noreaster as I type.

Scarlett,,,, not complaints here!!! gonna be fun!!!!!!

Blackjack,,,, do you need an axtra trailer this year,,,, if so I should be able to bring mine if needed....

By the way, the weather forecast is looking mighty fine! Low 80's!!!!! As some of you know it can be quite hot this time of year, and some, use that as an excuse to miss Guns of August. Well, ya can't do it this year, at least that is what Accuweather is saying!!! The moral, get your registrations in and get to Middletown, Ohio and have some fun!

MW, no sir, they never have sent out confirmations that I can remember! Don't forget your rolaids for the Friday night dinner! BlackJack and Kin along with the circus crew put on a might fine spread!

Haven't sent my app in yet but I'm planning on being there!!! sitting here in Pelham NH gettting ready for the Great Noreaster as I type.

Scarlett,,,, not complaints here!!! gonna be fun!!!!!!

Blackjack,,,, do you need an axtra trailer this year,,,, if so I should be able to bring mine if needed....

yes a extra trailer is always nice to have thanks blackjack

you got it Blackjack!! tell them I'm coming.... can't print cause I'm on the road!

Anybody going to be selling gun parts , 73 and 97 win at the shoot. You know the high wear low last extractors and ejectors. Thanks. MW

Archived