SASS Wire Forum

Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club hit bad by wind

Rock Rotten

Our glorious range got half took out by a tornado or high winds. Several stages demolished. Our next shoot (2nd weekend) is canceled but we will have a work weekend to start the rebuilding. Any and all help is requested and will be appreciated. Major clean up and putting tin roofing back on a few stages can be done. Looks like we'll be building a couple new stages real soon. Dangit......

Sorry to hear that, Rock Rotten.....Seems to be some bad weather for the next couple of days.

Just left the Range a few minutes ago in Cleburne, Texas Every stage is damaged or completed destroyed with the exception of one stage. Our barn where spare targets and props are keep was blown away. The Range was hit by a Tornado Sunday night. It did extensive damage to the Ormsby Ranch Headquarters were our range is located prior to damaging our range. The same storm and tornado hit my Ranch just a couple of miles down the road doing extensive damage also. We had 7 inches of rain, nickel to baseball size hail with 70 to 80 mph winds. Our 4 club buildings were untouched just a short distance from the firing line. No one was hurt during the 4 hour ordeal.

Goatneck

From the pictures I've seen we have allot of work to do, it's going to be a challenge to get it together before we host the Texas State Back Powder Championship in November. But I know we have good members and friends that will step up to the plate and help. I'm just wondering which building was spared, I hope it was the Social Club, Kat's House. Then maybe Two Gun Johnie will stop saying that it was destroyed last time for a reason, lol

It's the second weekend in May, the 9th and 10th, all help is welcome, and as Rock said, I will be providing lunch for both days

Sorry to hear about the damage to the firing line buildings, but thank God the club house buildings are ok.

Ghost

I knew it, lol, take that Two Gun Johnie

We have the State Wild Bunch Championships Sept 19th & 20th there also. We do have a lot of work ahead of us.

I'll try to be there... current travel plans are uncertain past the 30th, but I was planning on being there... so I'll double up my efforts. With tools appropriate to the task. Need generator or air compressor? Compressor is sorta small...

Just left the Range a few minutes ago in Cleburne, Texas Every stage is damaged or completed destroyed with the exception of one stage. Our barn where spare targets and props are keep was blown away. The Range was hit by a Tornado Sunday night. It did extensive damage to the Ormsby Ranch Headquarters were our range is located prior to damaging our range. The same storm and tornado hit my Ranch just a couple of miles down the road doing extensive damage also. We had 7 inches of rain, nickel to baseball size hail with 70 to 80 mph winds. Our 4 club buildings were untouched just a short distance from the firing line. No one was hurt during the 4 hour ordeal.

Goatneck

GN,

watched the radar report that evening sure thinking the cell/tornado was on Ormsby's, and yours is not far north. Call N-S to find out if he new club had been hit. Good to at least here a report and know no one was hurt, but sorry to read of damage on range as well as your and Floyd's ranches. Had wind here but no major damage. Sure is wet from all the rain though. hope all can get repaired quickly. See you at Lockhart

This can be a new beginning, get some new stages built. Hate to be forced into things, but sometimes you have no choice. Will be expensive and time consuming, thanks for all the offers of help. With my physical abilities lacking about the best I can offer is words of encouragement and a monetary donation to help with supplies and such. Where should I send the check? Along these same lines Mack Hacker contacted me about donating a Rossi 44 SRC. He will attempt to sell it at State this weekend, with the funds going to help with the repairs and cleanup. If anyone else is of a like mind I'm sure no one would object to the help. Maybe a table could be setup at Lockhart and manned in shifts to collect and sell things by those that will be attending?

I'll donate $25 for material, and I challenge every other shooter on here to do the same. We can all pitch in and help this club get back in shape.

Rock Rotten &/or Goody, I'll get with yall in Lockhart this week.

Our glorious range got half took out by a tornado or high winds. Several stages demolished. Our next shoot (2nd weekend) is canceled but we will have a work weekend to start the rebuilding. Any and all help is requested and will be appreciated. Major clean up and putting tin roofing back on a few stages can be done. Looks like we'll be building a couple new stages real soon. Dangit......

Sorry to hear about your range. Pm sent

How about a CAS club in Texas putting on a FUND RAISER MATCH for LSFS?

Ghost

Bet we can get some funds raised while at PC this weekend. A chance at new beginnings happen.☺

Getting lots of offers for donations. Donations can be sent to Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club C/O Buddy Chapman, PO Box 217, Kopprel, Texas, 76652. Thanks to everyone for their concerns and well wishes. We will get the range back and better than ever!

A little good news. Our sister club, Buck Creek Bandoleros, not too far away, sustained a little damage. Nothing major save one storage building. In case anyone was wondering. No extra effort required.

So much help offered. We are truly blessed. Watch for an appreciation shoot like our last Christmas shoot. Now that was fun. 1 four all, all four one! Cool stage.

Archived