SASS Wire Forum

Just a little bit of idiot going on.

Subdeacon Joe

Good God!!! Rednecks with Howitzers. I don't want these idiots living in the same county with me!

I'm assuming none of these guys are ex-Redlegs. :rolleyes:

Quite a bit of back blast through the fuse hole. I wonder where the projectile actually hit, they never did say.

Looks like fun, but a bit over my toy budget!

A post from the forum where I found the video:

I did hear the story on the breach malfunction . For some reason the igniter mechanism was blown out the back of the breach block leaving a 3 inch hole , they didn't find it again. I also heard that the 8 inch shell ricocheted over the hill , they did find it about 5 miles down range . The big gun was a whole different level to deal with and I understand he has only shot it once.

I have just gotten to 3:11. They have just put the powder in it.

Now, I ain't no cannonneer, but it seems to me that that fork lift oughta be somewhere BESIDES directly in front of the muzzle, before they load it.

I have just gotten to 3:11. They have just put the powder in it.

Now, I ain't no cannonneer, but it seems to me that that fork lift oughta be somewhere BESIDES directly in front of the muzzle, before they load it.

Naaaa. They got things under control........

Another thought. Just recently Joe posted one about a burning piece of wad setting off a powder bag, at a reenactment.

And they've got a 45-gallon garbage can full of powder, sitting there with the lid off. :o

Maybe they should send these guys to Iraq?

But not on our side.

The only thing missing was somebody saying, "Hold my beer".

I was waiting for that forklift to get blown away. Kinda lost interest after they moved it.

Yeah I kinda thought it to be one of those "funniest videos" deals at first. I was relieved and yet a little disappointed when they moved it.

When the one fellow said something about "hope we don't hit one of the buildings" I was sorta expecting that to happen. My God those people are DUMB!!!!

I remember one time I was in the S3 in the rear area at Grafenwoehr. We heard "BOOM . . . BOOM". The S3 NCO, SFC Aldrin, said "Oh, oh"

We heard a call to range control, and then "Range Control to all alpha units, CEASE FIRE. Repeat . . ."

A pair of 8" rounds overshot the target area and impacted on the tank trail.

The only casualty was a Jeep radiator.

Archived