SASS Wire Forum

9,000 cases of misconduct by TSA employees

Utah Bob #35998

I just saw their union chief say that's not bad at all given the large number of employees. Not bad at all?

Oy!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/travel/tsa-misconduct/index.html

low paid workers + boring job + some authority + goverment buracracy + union protection = sure recipe for wrongdoing.

In the comments people talk about their "low pay".

One of the posts here says "low pay".

In the comments someone mentions 30K.

30K is 600 a week. 600 a week for a 40 hour week is 15 bucks an hour.

I don't know how it is where Y'ALL live, but around here 15 bucks an hour is purty damn good money.

I'll say there's misconduct at TSA! The last guy who picked me out of the line for a detailed search didn't buy me a drink or call me the next day, but he for sure got what he was looking for. What a cad!

Eeek! :o

Feeling lonely? No need to an online dating service, just fly somewhere and wink at the TSA dude with rubber gloves! :o

Just think, were else can you frisk to your delight, get paid with benefits?

Wonder how many terrorist attacks, or terrorist they have caught since inception? MT

Just think, were else can you frisk to your delight, get paid with benefits?

Wonder how many terrorist attacks, or terrorist they have caught since inception? MT

I would say ....almost one.

Okay call it none.

low paid workers + boring job + some authority + goverment buracracy + union protection = sure recipe for wrongdoing.

And what about all the people in this world who also have low pay + boring jobs + some authority + union protection who are NOT criminals? Someone needs to get serious about prosecuting these people...and I mean supervisors and senior government officials who ignore or condone them or make excuses to cover their own criminality or ineptness...and about better pre-employment screening.

Hiring 56,000 people in such a short time with so few people and so little experience and guidance to fall back on for screening them is a certain recipe for this result.

You mean it is only 9000 cases of misconduct.

That they know about. Probably the tip of the iceberg.

Archived