SASS Wire Forum

Northeast regional

Red River Ray SASS#33254

Bingo.

Think that is a lot of it. People worried about the title of the macth.

In the long run. I think this gives MORE shooters a chance to take part in it.

And THAT is what it is all about.

So if the title don't mean anything why would I care if I have to travel to either shoot or any shoot for that matter? Since it is only a shoot and a National Title don't mean anything.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in my last post, lets move both the national and world championships to the eastern side of the US for the next 10 to 20 years and see how long it takes for the western shooters to start bitching about travel expenses!!!

Then you naysayers will be happy that there is only 1 National and 1 World Champ match and easterners will be happy not having to miss out on the biggest 2 matches every year because of the travel cost.

JEL

Your previous post caused me to lose my temper and lash out,obviously I deleted the post, your most recent post just makes me say

"I am hopefull I never meet you." you just don't get it.

I forsee a Western National (WR) and an Eastern National....with the two sides settling the matter at EOT.

Just my thoughts...

Phantom

:ph34r:

That makes sense, but you might need a couple of Wild Cards to make it interesting. I don't know what will happen, though, when they announce the Northern End of Trail World Championship Match in Fargo, ND.

That makes sense, but you might need a couple of Wild Cards to make it interesting. I don't know what will happen, though, when they announce the Northern End of Trail World Championship Match in Fargo, ND.

And the Southern one in Key West. Fargo in January and Key West in August.

And the Southern one in Key West. Fargo in January and Key West in August.

You may have a little trouble with the berms in Key West. Except for the hotels and a few trees, nothing on the whole island is more than 10 foot above sea level.

Dogmeat Dad

Your previous post caused me to lose my temper and lash out,obviously I deleted the post, your most recent post just makes me say

"I am hopefull I never meet you." you just don't get it.

Well, I'm glad I was able to make someone's day. :lol:

So tell me what is it that I just don't get?

The fact that it would cost $5000 for my wife and I to go to W/R and EOT??? Where if it were over on this coast maybe $1500/$2000.

My whole point is that it's about time SASS creates a "national" type match on this coast. Call it whatever you want but recognize it on the same level as W/R or EOT.

I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people before this anouncement, but I am glad they are finally doing something on this coast, if that upsets you..well then.......ok.:wacko: No harm was meant and it's a forum where you relay your opinion and not everyone will argee.

As for you being hopeful you never meet me?? Well that's pretty harsh considering these are typed words and the tone can easily taken out of context. (which is why I try to use a lot of emotionicons to lighten it up)

It's also to late, we've met several times before :) If I recall the first time was 2007 The Last Stand, my first big match. We had a litte friendly conversation in regards to your alias being easily remembered.

So if I offended, I apoligize, but I also always keep in mind...The wire is not SASS!

JEL

The fact that it would cost $5000 for my wife and I to go to W/R and EOT??? Where if it were over on this coast maybe $1500/$2000.

My whole point is that it's about time SASS creates a "national" type match on this coast. Call it whatever you want but recognize it on the same level as W/R or EOT.

I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people before this anouncement, but I am glad they are finally doing something on this coast, if that upsets you..well then.......ok.:wacko: No harm was meant and it's a forum where you relay your opinion and not everyone will argee.

As for you being hopeful you never meet me?? Well that's pretty harsh considering these are typed words and the tone can easily taken out of context. (which is why I try to use a lot of emotionicons to lighten it up)

It's also to late, we've met several times before :) If I recall the first time was 2007 The Last Stand, my first big match. We had a litte friendly conversation in regards to your alias being easily remembered.

So if I offended, I apoligize, but I also always keep in mind...The wire is not SASS!

JEL

The name of the match, whatever it may be will not put a match on the same level as WR. Creating a great match will put it on the same level. We'll have to see if that happens. Hopefully they will be able to design a match to put it on the same level. If both matches get to 700 shooters then I guess they made the right choice. If the WR attendence drops and the Eastern match stays at around 300 shooters then I guess it didn't make sense.

Just outta curiosity how would ya'll feel if they jerked the regional from Badlands Bar 3?

It is up to them each year.

They can do it at anytime.

Comin At'Cha will still happen.

Heck. Most the people that come are not from this region anyway.

The Regional was somewhere else before it was at Comin At'Cha.

And I am sure somewhere along the line, it will be somewhere else again.

So if the title don't mean anything why would I care if I have to travel to either shoot or any shoot for that matter? Since it is only a shoot and a National Title don't mean anything.

It will still be a Championship match. No matter what name you put behind it.

JEL

Thats funny because at least one of the WR board members has responded on the wire and said he had no knowledge, so that tells me they didn't talk with WR at all.

KK

Thats funny because at least one of the WR board members has responded on the wire and said he had no knowledge, so that tells me they didn't talk with WR at all.

KK

Again another post taken the wrong way. To clarify, I 100% believe the W/R committee was completely in the dark about this and the W/B never notified them at all. I think it was not "the cowboy way" for the W/B to let them find out on the wire like this. That was not right. So please quit reading what you want into a post!

JEL

I talked to a very Gracious Lady that does the registrations for WR today ,,,,, And she addmitted that they were Not informed about this change in addvance ....

She is a very classy person and handled my questions with tact and good hummor while still being forth-right about her disapointment on how this all came about ...

Which leaves me with trying to find a way to get there for WR 2013 to support this shoot ....

Jabez Cowboy

Not nearly as bad as I felt in 2004.

;)

OK, since nobody else has asked, I'll bite. :lol: What happened in 2004?

Again another post taken the wrong way. To clarify, I 100% believe the W/R committee was completely in the dark about this and the W/B never notified them at all. I think it was not "the cowboy way" for the W/B to let them find out on the wire like this. That was not right. So please quit reading what you want into a post!

JEL

Thanks for the clarification, I don't think he's reading anything into the post that isn't there. :)

OK, since nobody else has asked, I'll bite. :lol: What happened in 2004?

Think real hard.... maybe just a little snort of Ballistol to clear your head! :wacko:

Snakebite

JEL

You need to get the sleep out of your eyes you said quote I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people before this anouncement now tell me how I read into that?

KK

You need to get the sleep out of your eyes you said quote I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people before this anouncement now tell me how I read into that?

KK

KK,

Down here we talk a little, uh, different. Believe it or not, I understood what John E. Law said, or meant to say. Yes, he did say "I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people....". What he MEANT to say was, "I don't agree with THE FACT that the WB never got with the W/R people ...." He was expressing his displeasure with the WB because they did not talk to W/R ahead of the announcement. Really. That is what he meant to say. We stay out in the sun too long down here ;).

How do you know? I don't go to some big named so called championship matches that are in driving distance. Do to the fact I wouldn't consider them a decent monthly match.

And nobody is holding a fire to your feet to go to this one.

If ya don't want to go. Don't. But they have earned the right to at least try.

Or do you think the people in th east should be just left out in the cold like they have been for years??

Leave WR the National Championship.

Make the the other he Eastern Champioship. Just leave the national off of the name.

BUT. Give the winners entry into EOT just like WR does.

What would be wrong with that????

And all it took was a name change.

The last to know is apparently those of us on the Winter Range Board. There was absolutely no discusion with the WR Board or warning of this decision. We learned of it here on the SASS Wire.

Ouch!

And nobody is holding a fire to your feet to go to this one.

If ya don't want to go. Don't. But they have earned the right to at least try.

Or do you think the people in th east should be just left out in the cold like they have been for years??

Leave WR the National Championship.

Make the the other he Eastern Champioship. Just leave the national off of the name.

BUT. Give the winners entry into EOT just like WR does.

What would be wrong with that????

And all it took was a name change.

I didn't say they didn't earn it. I just said time will tell. I said giving a shoot a name does not automatically make it a National championship style match. That has already been proven. I do like your idea on the eastern championship. That is a great idea. That would kind of serve the purpose of what the US Open was suppose to do for middle America.

The name of the match, whatever it may be will not put a match on the same level as WR. Creating a great match will put it on the same level. We'll have to see if that happens. Hopefully they will be able to design a match to put it on the same level. If both matches get to 700 shooters then I guess they made the right choice. If the WR attendence drops and the Eastern match stays at around 300 shooters then I guess it didn't make sense.

Very good point!

Ringer

KK

Just as you copied in your reply you didn't read or missread the ENTIRE sentence.

I posted "I don't agree that the WB never got with the W/R people before this anouncement, BUT I am glad they are finally doing something on this coast"

BUT meaning "on the contrary" i.e. not agreeing with this, But (on the contrary) I agree with that.

As in I don't agree the W/B didn't get with the W/R committee before making a decision, BUT I do agree that the east coast needed a match of this type.

Guess I shoulda been a little more specific. I hope this clearifies even further.

JEL

And thanks Dan with translating for this dumb speaking/typing Florida boy :lol:

This decision has the potential of effecting the largest and one of the longest running Cowboy matches in the world. Seems to me that they would have been involved. I don't think that there is anyone who doesn't agree that the East needs a Big Name Championship match too. When someone shot the Mule at "Mule Camp", it left a big hole. But Cowboy Action Shooting does NOT need two "National Championships", any more than it needs two "Worlds Championships"! It might be a good business decision for SASS to put a Championship match in the east, and a good CAS decision too (they are not the same), but not two Nationals! There are certainly other ways to provide for a large Championship match in the east without tearing apart the number one match in the game. There should be other ways to accomplish the task. Ways that satisfies the needs of both SASS and CAS. Working WITH folks rather than just rolling over them promotes harmony and shows a little respect for those who in some cases have given 5-10-20+ years of their fee service to the game and the business. Yes..I certainly understand that business is business and must be conducted as such or it will fail... but memories seem to be short. One of the largest shooting groups in the game were alienated in the last big surprise and it has taken a very long time for some of the scars to heal (some will never heal). Whether the decision was good or bad is not the issue... it was the way it happened... similar to this episode. In a organization that relies virtually TOTALLY upon volunteers it is not prudent (in this case that means... smart) to alienate too many volunteers, or get the back up on too many Oldsters.

Snakebite

The WB doing this without talking to WR is no surprise.

Look what they did to the cowboys at EOT that last year at Rahauges(sic).

For those who don't know, that was when Chisler(appropriate name) sold the WB on Founders Ranch and, while awards were going on at EOT in Southern California, brought trucks in to the cowboys range and took every target and prop and spirited them to New Mexico.

The WB doing this without talking to WR is no surprise.

Look what they did to the cowboys at EOT that last year at Rahauges(sic).

For those who don't know, that was when Chisler(appropriate name) sold the WB on Founders Ranch and, while awards were going on at EOT in Southern California, brought trucks in to the cowboys range and took every target and prop and spirited them to New Mexico.

Yep...and a LOT of folks were telling the Coto Cowboy Club Members to quit whinning...that California and Raahaugues sucks and it's about time that something was done.

In case y'all didn't know it, the Coto Cowboys Membership RAN EOT...not the WB.

But, it's all in the past now...we do the best we can to support EOT in New Mexico.

Cheers!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Well !!! Y'all done drug Comin'At"Cha in the ring so I guess I'm in. If the WB decided to move the SW Regional from the Bar 3 I would support the decision and move on. BUT on the other hand if I decide to close the Bar 3 Range in a seconds notice, I would expect the WB to understand my decision and move on. The same as they did in Ga.at Mule Camp. SASS is a business and if Your Business releys on SASS and it's membership, You should understand it is Just business..Without SASS and the Parent companies there is no business. There are a lot of people that has made a living off of SASS and the WB, by advertising or Gunsmithing, clothing sales, schools, etc. If Your business has grown, You have made great decisions. If not you sold Your inventory and moved on as every good business man would do. Time will tell !!!!

I often thought what I would do if I owned SASS and my reply was "There ain't no way I would want to put my head on a chopping block every day for the Love of CAS" !!!!!

Well !!! Y'all done drug Comin'At"Cha in the ring so I guess I'm in. If the WB decided to move the SW Regional from the Bar 3 I would support the decision and move on. BUT on the other hand if I decide to close the Bar 3 Range in a seconds notice, I would expect the WB to understand my decision and move on. The same as they did in Ga.at Mule Camp. SASS is a business and if Your Business releys on SASS and it's membership, You should understand it is Just business..Without SASS and the Parent companies there is no business. There are a lot of people that has made a living off of SASS and the WB, by advertising or Gunsmithing, clothing sales, schools, etc. If Your business has grown, You have made great decisions. If not you sold Your inventory and moved on as every good business man would do. Time will tell !!!!

I often thought what I would do if I owned SASS and my reply was "There ain't no way I would want to put my head on a chopping block every day for the Love of CAS" !!!!!

YUP! thats a great take on the whole thing.

I also do not believe everything I read on this here wire ;)

I'm a newbie here, so I'm not going to comment on the specifics.

What I find strange, after 4 pages of conversation, is that there are no comments from any single digit # SASS members.

Isn't it time the individuals who made the desision chimed in and addressed these comments and concerns?

B SLIM

Archived