SASS Wire Forum

My gun safe

Rye Miles #13621

Yea my gun safe's been gettin a workout these last 2 weeks. 2 rilfes and 1 pistol gone but 2 NEW pistols (used really) arrived. Anybody else have some activity? I can't stop buyin, sellin, tradin etc. What an addict! Just when I think I'm all set sumthin else comes up.

Maybe another capgun in .36?? Hmmm.................:lol: Rye

Ah, Grasshopper. You have crossed the threshold of enlightment. You have discovered that this is

an addiction and there is no going back. No known cure. Only the dark abyss of "I WANT".

Did I tell you about the little pocket gun I want?

I just bought another Schofield (my 5th) yesterday from Taylors at a gun show. This one is in 44 Russian with the short 3 1/2" inch barrel. Wanted to check out the Wyatt Earp shotgun but the only one they have was in the showroom back in Winchester.

I turn 50 this year and I am thinking very hard about what to add to the safe for that occasion. :)

Just picked up a hammered double myself. I'd like to get another 7-1/2" Colt in LC, but the winter time is slow for me in the income dept. so I'll have to wait until I get my taxes back and see if I get a refund. Also on the list is a 73 carbine. Got no more room in my safe, so I'm thinking of a lockable gun rack to put on my wall to display my Cowboy irons,and free up some room.... :rolleyes:

Ah, Grasshopper. You have crossed the threshold of enlightment. You have discovered that this is

an addiction and there is no going back. No known cure. Only the dark abyss of "I WANT".

Did I tell you about the little pocket gun I want?

Some of it could be addiction...But some of it is Breeding...I bought a pair of Rugers from someone a while back...They made rabbits look like they were standing still...Finally had to separate them...It slowed down for a while but I think someone is getting back into the hen house...A few have been showing up and know one is talking...Least of all me...

Texas Lizard

December, an AR15. January, 2 J frames. February is almost half over and not even a hint of what I want.

March is my birthday month I'm sure I'll get something if I'm good! :lol:

I am not going to hold my breath on that one, Marshal.

You might get something for your Birfday, But that GOOD part is a show stopper.

:wacko:

December, an AR15. January, 2 J frames. February is almost half over and not even a hint of what I want.

March is my birthday month I'm sure I'll get something if I'm good! :lol:

Hey Marshal my birthday month is March too. Wanna buy each other guns??:lol: I'm thinkin another .45 SAA, I only have one and it's lonely. I shoot .44-40's, I have 5 of them but they seem to be a little mean to that poor ol' .45, I'd better git him a sidekick! Wouldn't ya like to know what yer guns talk about when they're locked away??:blink:

Rye

Hey Marshal my birthday month is March too. Wanna buy each other guns??:lol: I'm thinkin another .45 SAA, I only have one and it's lonely. I shoot .44-40's, I have 5 of them but they seem to be a little mean to that poor ol' .45, I'd better git him a sidekick! Wouldn't ya like to know what yer guns talk about when they're locked away??:blink:

Rye

Oh my! Could be too late for Rye. :o

An AR15 wandered in looking for a place to stay a couple of weeks ago...

I'm weakening. The Mrs better get the refund check first. Or else... :lol:

Wouldn't ya like to know what yer guns talk about when they're locked away??:blink:

Rye

Ruger: It's dark in here! When is he gonna shoot again?

Colt: Shut up! He took you and your twin to the cowboy shoot last week! I haven't been out since the IPSC match last fall. :(

Ruger: Ya well if ya had made power factor maybe he woulda shot the next match!

Lady Smith; Keep quiet boys how's a lady ta get any beauty sleep with you two large bores yacking away?

Ruger/Colt: Well excuse us!!!! Maybe if ya quit sneaking over in the corner with that BFR ya wouldn't loose so much sleep at night!!

Lady Smith: Oh thats just great! The two guys that came back stinking of HOPPES three Saturday nights in a row are questioning a Ladys virtues????

Marlin: Oh stop the complaning all of you! Last End of Trail you Ruger boys weren't so hot! One of ya completely messed up the Nevada sweep on stage four and the other fell out of his hand causing a stage DQ.

Colt: Hehehehehehe!

Marlin: What you laughing at Mr Brownings little darling? Remember the last IPSC match. Tap and rack, tap and rack, tap and rack. Heck it looked like he was trying ta burp a colicky baby on sour milk all afternoon! :lol:

Kimber: Shhhhhhh! The tumblers are turning! Quiet now, doors opening.............

Ruger: Pick me!

Colt: Pick me!

Lady Smith: Pick me!

Marlin: Pick me!

Kimber: Pick me!

Ruger/Colt/Lady Smith/Marlin/ Kimber: Oh my God!!!!! He picked the Hi-Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ruger: It's dark in here! When is he gonna shoot again?

Colt: Shut up! He took you and your twin to the cowboy shoot last week! I haven't been out since the IPSC match last fall. :(

Ruger: Ya well if ya had made power factor maybe he woulda shot the next match!

Lady Smith; Keep quiet boys how's a lady ta get any beauty sleep with you two large bores yacking away?

Ruger/Colt: Well excuse us!!!! Maybe if ya quit sneaking over in the corner with that BFR ya wouldn't loose so much sleep at night!!

Lady Smith: Oh thats just great! The two guys that came back stinking of HOPPES three Saturday nights in a row are questioning a Ladys virtues????

Marlin: Oh stop the complaning all of you! Last End of Trail you Ruger boys weren't so hot! One of ya completely messed up the Nevada sweep on stage four and the other fell out of his hand causing a stage DQ.

Colt: Hehehehehehe!

Marlin: What you laughing at Mr Brownings little darling? Remember the last IPSC match. Tap and rack, tap and rack, tap and rack. Heck it looked like he was trying ta burp a colicky baby on sour milk all afternoon! :lol:

Kimber: Shhhhhhh! The tumblers are turning! Quiet now, doors opening.............

Ruger: Pick me!

Colt: Pick me!

Lady Smith: Pick me!

Marlin: Pick me!

Kimber: Pick me!

Ruger/Colt/Lady Smith/Marlin/ Kimber: Oh my God!!!!! He picked the Hi-Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy person here! Oops, gotta go my Colt 1911 is starting to bust my Sig's cajones because he always tells him "Yer not a real gun". Behave now boys or I'll take you apart and leave ya like that!:wacko: Rye

March is my Birfday month, too!! But I couldn't wait for the day and I bought another hammered SxS last week. This one is a Merkel from around 1890-1900. It's an under lever and it looked like it really needed some TLC. I'm going to send it up to Wright's to get it all redone - stock refinished and barrels reblued. I'll post some before and after pictures when it's pretty again..... It really is a neat looking shotgun. My TTN is already jealous!

Miss Cubbie

I am not going to hold my breath on that one, Marshal.

You might get something for your Birfday, But that GOOD part is a show stopper.

Now Badger ya know I been taking care of the poor, poor crippled up Miss Barbara for a month coming Monday. I has been lickin the supper plate clean every night for 30 days so's she wouldn't have ta stand in front of the dishwasher for so long. Whenever she vacuum's I raise my feet high of the floor so's to save extra steps going around me. I am not even going to mention the personal sacrifice of my time and energy it took to move her bed into the laundry room so as to save her valuable time in the performance of her daily chores.

Why Thursday when she walked to the foot Doctor (I needed the car ta deliver a letter to the corner mail box) and found out she couldn't go to work Monday as planned and would have to wait another week I comforted with a sympathetic " I told ya so" ta ease her hurt feeings.

Yes sirree Mr Badger Miss Barbara's been telling me for two whole days "You're gonna get it, you're gonna get it!"

Sorry Badger but you are wrong!!!!!! I'm sure I see a Remington 870 in my future. You can bet on it!!!!!!

Yea my gun safe's been gettin a workout these last 2 weeks. 2 rilfes and 1 pistol gone but 2 NEW pistols (used really) arrived. Anybody else have some activity? I can't stop buyin, sellin, tradin etc. What an addict! Just when I think I'm all set sumthin else comes up.

Maybe another capgun in .36?? Hmmm.................:lol: Rye

Lucky you don't live close by is all I can say. I "help" JJJ's spend is money on a "really cool, nice looking gun"... all the time.. lol Course they are an investment I think, so no harm.. lol

Now Badger ya know I been taking care of the poor, poor crippled up Miss Barbara for a month coming Monday. I has been lickin the supper plate clean every night for 30 days so's she wouldn't have ta stand in front of the dishwasher for so long. Whenever she vacuum's I raise my feet high of the floor so's to save extra steps going around me. I am not even going to mention the personal sacrifice of my time and energy it took to move her bed into the laundry room so as to save her valuable time in the performance of her daily chores.

Why Thursday when she walked to the foot Doctor (I needed the car ta deliver a letter to the corner mail box) and found out she couldn't go to work Monday as planned and would have to wait another week I comforted with a sympathetic " I told ya so" ta ease her hurt feeings.

Yes sirree Mr Badger Miss Barbara's been telling me for two whole days "You're gonna get it, you're gonna get it!"

Sorry Badger but you are wrong!!!!!! I'm sure I see a Remington 870 in my future. You can bet on it!!!!!!

Mayhap you're gonna see the business end of that Remington.

Lucky you don't live close by is all I can say. I "help" JJJ's spend is money on a "really cool, nice looking gun"... all the time.. lol Course they are an investment I think, so no harm.. lol

Hey that would be cool. a gun shopping day with Deja and my money.:wacko: Wait a minute.....hmmm....would ya at least buy me lunch?:P Rye

Well, I have never been a man to hold on to false ideas. I have been giving them out for years.

About that 870, you might just be correct. But, and there is always a but, are you right certain

which end of it she is gonna give ya? :blink:

Reckon it might be a right good idea to establish that afore you get to excited about it.

:blink: Well, maybe not.

My gunsafe has cobwebs covering it.

At the end of December it prepared itself for a new resident, a brand new Uberti 73 that was ordered. But, as is the case with such things, unless you get lucky, you have to wait for them to get here from Italy and it seems like they take the slow boat. What with the weather I wouldn't have been able to shoot it anyway, but...Sure hope it comes in soon.

I just bought another Schofield (my 5th) yesterday from Taylors at a gun show. This one is in 44 Russian with the short 3 1/2" inch barrel. Wanted to check out the Wyatt Earp shotgun but the only one they have was in the showroom back in Winchester.

I turn 50 this year and I am thinking very hard about what to add to the safe for that occasion. :)

We had fun walking around the show yesterday. WoW what a crowd. I was looking for a SKB or BSS had no luck at all. My next perchase will be a safe.

Hey that would be cool. a gun shopping day with Deja and my money.:wacko: Wait a minute.....hmmm....would ya at least buy me lunch?:P Rye

Sure Ryes.. they do have a dollar menu where you live right? lol... You buy the guns, I shoot them and I buy you maybe a buck burger, or 39 cent tacos? lol... You do have ammo, right? lol

My gunsafe has cobwebs covering it.

At the end of December it prepared itself for a new resident, a brand new Uberti 73 that was ordered. But, as is the case with such things, unless you get lucky, you have to wait for them to get here from Italy and it seems like they take the slow boat. What with the weather I wouldn't have been able to shoot it anyway, but...Sure hope it comes in soon.

I think the canoe sunk??? lol

I am thinking it was on the one that sunk and was on the news.

Hey.. BMC s.... Just checking back in... going to my friends house to play.. lol... Now that should be fun.... Dad is talking with my brother in law, so I decided to run out an play for a bit. I sort of lost track of old friends, and it was a surprise to run into one up here again. So, when he invited me over for pool and a snack I had to go. Ages since I played pocket billards, he does remember my golf cart drive years ago, so tonight will be fun.. I will be home to check on all of ya in a few hours;...... Just have to catch up, it has been 10 years since I worked with him ... lol.. The stories are going to be so good he is a nutty kinda guy... lol ... So, set em for the saloon... while I am out playing.. lol...

Sure Ryes.. they do have a dollar menu where you live right? lol... You buy the guns, I shoot them and I buy you maybe a buck burger, or 39 cent tacos? lol... You do have ammo, right? lol

Best offer I've had all year! :lol: Yep I got lots of ammo. will ya at least clean'em after you shoot 'em? Black powder only now!!!

Rye

Must be in Heaven cuz I got all dat I "need."

And da safe is full.

So, I think I will trade some clones for antiques....pistols or rifles....don't matter.

Best offer I've had all year! :lol: Yep I got lots of ammo. will ya at least clean'em after you shoot 'em? Black powder only now!!!

Rye

Clean them??? Really? lol... Okay fine, even the 1897 with BP is something I can clean..lol... But then you only get one taco, you sound so reasonable I can't help my self.. lol

I got lots of room in my safe, you can send your extras to me!

Grizzes you are all heart.. lol

Clean them??? Really? lol... Okay fine, even the 1897 with BP is something I can clean..lol... But then you only get one taco, you sound so reasonable I can't help my self.. lol

One taco???? Can I at least have a diet coke with it? :lol: Rye

I got lots of room in my safe, you can send your extras to me!

I'll do just that...........

One thing though.

You'll have to pay my asking price...shipping.....insurance....FFL fees.........

And I'll be glad to send'em to ya !

Archived