SASS Wire Forum

posted from kindle fire

Grizzly Dave

I though dat kindlin' was used to build a fire .............

Could I be wrong ? :unsure:

In dis case ..........Naw B) Ole Grizz has had too much to drink ! :lol:;)

Hey Grizz,

Tell us about the Kindle Fire; your appraisal of it so far. I'm looking at it too and would like to know what you think about it.

Horace

I got the lovely Ms. Maggie... :wub::wub::wub: a Kindle Fire for Christmas... She opened it this morning and is tickled pink... That works for me...

Vaya con Dios

Miz Grizz really wanted a Kindle touch, I tried to talk her into the kindle fire, but she wanted the touch, so I got her the touch and she got me the fire LOL.

Cool little gadget, we have amazon prime, so we get lots of free movies and TV shows on the thing. I haven't tried reading on it yet, generally I am a paper book kinda guy, we'll have to see how that goes.

typing on the touch screen is interesting, and like all things will take getting used to.

Grizz,

Do me a favor, as you learn your Fire, keep a eye on how hard it would be for an older person, say 75 to 80, to learn.

I've tried to get my parents (vacuum tube generation) onto a computer. Result: Early morning phone calls; "Get your disinherited @$$ over hear and fix your computer! Your Mother's got it beeping at her again."

They need it primarily for e-mail, photos of the grand-brats, and some very light surfing. Reading would be a plus.

And a Merry Christmas, Sirrah!

Replying from a iPhone... Ain't technology grand! Now if I could get the clock to stop flashing on the VCR...

....... follow that wire thingy 'til it gets to tha wall socket an' dis-plug it ....

.............................works every time ..... -_-

I am hoping that is what is under the tree for me! Darn kid is not up yet and it is almost 9!

I know what you mean Meg. We had to let the dogs into Shootin' Kraps' room to wake him up.

Griz, I got Bea Itchin' a Kindle Fire for Christmas. Maybe she'll let me read her Kindle now.

I tried to convince my grandmother, she's ninety, to get a computer so she could keep up with the extended family more easily. She said no, at her age she can't afford to catch a virus from it. She also asked how the answering machine knows when she isn't home and takes messages.

Back on topic, I do most of my posting from an IPad, but I've been thinking about getting a Kindle Fire, that way I'll only be third in line to get access instead of fourth. Give the two year old another year and I guess I'll get bumped to fifth.

Grizz,

Do me a favor, as you learn your Fire, keep a eye on how hard it would be for an older person, say 75 to 80, to learn.

I've tried to get my parents (vacuum tube generation) onto a computer. Result: Early morning phone calls; "Get your disinherited @$$ over hear and fix your computer! Your Mother's got it beeping at her again."

They need it primarily for e-mail, photos of the grand-brats, and some very light surfing. Reading would be a plus.

And a Merry Christmas, Sirrah!

I showed my mom what I could about it today, she decided not to bother, she can work a computer pretty well but didn't want to learn anything new.

Best thing you can do is install logmein on your computer and your mom's, that way you can connect remotely and fix any problems.

Grizz

I asked Santa to get Savannah G. a Kindle Fire n he did bring her one. She openned it Christmas Eve as is our custom. She loves it and it appears to be a powerful tool as well as a great toy. Me, I'm still trying to learn how to use my 3G phone lol. Since she loves the "Fire" I'm happy.

Guess what my loverly wife gave me?

Dat's right! A Kindle Fire!

Pretty cool so far.

Thanks, Clam!

Sassy Sunsrise is bummer out - she can't find the password to our Wi-Fi to start using her Kindle Fire...she'll call the cable company tomorrow to get it - Doh!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Okie, has Ol' Grizz dun render'd ya speakless??

Slackwater (Who's curiosity cat is runnin' rampant) Jack

My Kindle won't let me post to the forum. I hit the reply button, the reply screen comes up, but when I tap in the space to type, nothing happens -- no cursor, no keyboard. I'm pretty computer savy, but this one has me stumped. Wildcat says Kindle has good support, so I'll give them a call after all of the holiday madness has calmed down.

Okie, with the forum up, click on the menu icon at the bottom and then settings, desktop or mobile view, and then adjust the optimize setting to automatic optimize for each website, that is working on mine. From what I've seen in some forums it may not work on every forum, but it seems to work here.

Sassy Sunsrise is bummer out - she can't find the password to our Wi-Fi to start using her Kindle Fire...she'll call the cable company tomorrow to get it - Doh!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG it took us at least an hour to figure out what the password to our wi fi was :(

My wife and daughter played with mine for a week before Christmas...so they had all that stuff already set up for me :D

I guess one of them had made a note of what the long convoluted wifi password is, and just had to find the note and away they went.

Wi-Fi?? :unsure:

I just got rid of my old Hi-Fi record player. :blink:;)

Archived