SASS Wire Forum

It's time to raise a glass in remembrance of the Saloon and the Toostone that was...

McCandless

The bar is open and let's call the role, of those that started the wild tales of the Saloon and had mapped the town of Toostone and the sometimes dry lake basin where they sailed the boats...

Cactus Juice all around, and break open the hoomidoor for:

Marshal Rusty Bore

Chip Tosser

Dapper Dan

Lefty VanCleef

Flint Eastwood

Sierra Jack Cassidy

Castalia Jake and Twinkles

Bruinhilda!

Black Harris

Suzy Silk Knickers

Miss Rocky Meadows

Duke Chisum

Miss Molly

The Bartender

Swede D

Gunny Sackett

Miss Spiffy Starr

the Plague of Frogs

more explosions than a war zone

the three decker-three holer

the whole group that grew the Saloon from a glimmer back from 1999-2002

there's more, but I haven't had enough to drink yet...

Who's got the Blue Deck?

:wub:

I'll buy the next round,and we can talk about old times.

Please don't forget Patches McDuff!

I even have a Toostone badge!

Ned

Man, that was a long time ago!

Yep,

Miss Patches

and Scarlet Angel

and the Hotchkiss mounted on the railing upstairs where the nurses practiced their "ministrations"...

Black Harris sailing his boat.

Cain't leave out:

Mayobard

Town Constable and his two mules, dang what were their names?

Lace E Logger

Judi Longlegs, whom I sometimes think has reincarnated under another name.

I'm sure some more names will pop into what's left of my memory.

Ned, I got one of those badges too.

Some days it just don't seem the same. I'll buy the next round (put it on Flint Westwood's tab). To all our friends who have parted and those that have departed. And our old friend Greeenriver. And I guy I always looked up to, Tex Boden. He is still lurking out there somewhere in west Tejas.

Hey Doc, How ya doing?

YEP, them was good times, Lots of fun. Be proud to buy the next round on Bodies Tab. (It's OK Bottles, He said so)

Sure do miss the ol Gang, specially them whats gone on before us. "Lift'n my glass In salute"

Chip (Grin'n as he pats the "blue deck" safely secured in his vest pocket) Tosser

Ya had to go and mention Suzy's name. We was carrying on an interesting side conversation about writing and publishing when the accident happened. I do miss her.

I printed out BJD's "Why I Don't Shoot Black Powder" and read it when in need of a good belly roll laugh. "But at least it will keep you out of the Army..."

Another round for everybody, and I'll even spring for this one. Flint's tab must be gettin' might hefty after all these years.

Cain't leave out:

Town Constable and his two mules, dang what were their names?

I still have an image of a bumpersticker:

"Elect a REAL

Dumbass for President!!

Unick/Mun-ro 2000"

With pictures of Unick the Wonder Mule and Mun-ro the Rental Horse!

I remember that Calamity Jane and I were robbing a train and found a secret "tunnel" on the wire that kept us just ahead of the posse that was chasin' us. This went on for a few weeks until the posse found the secret.

Can't forget "SAGE" and "Momma Sage", either (Sage became "Tony Tinhorn" later in an attempt to gain som respect for his smarts....)

I still have a couple pair o' "Mama Sage's Miracle Plug-in Electrical Underware..........

Wonder if Marshal Rusty still likes them little "sprinkles" on his doughnuts...?

I been workin' on patchin' up Old Baluey #422... and changin' to a new propulsive gas, 'stead of hot air... called METHANE.... gonna' revolutionize aerostats! Been goin' round an' round with the EPA though... they claims large amounts a' cow gas'll do more harm to the ozone layer than PBCs' PCPs an' them other fool things just from the SMELL alone....... Ack-wirin' enuff o'the gas is also a BIG problem... sneakin' around the back of cows with a "reverse enema" tube and bag ain't the SAFEST thing I ever done......

SWJ

Thank you CH, for bringing Boston John Doucette to mind. The man surely could tell a story. And, just to throw out a name from back in them days, good ol' Hardtack Henry comes to mind... We surely had some interesting adventures them days...

Slackwater

Can't forget "SAGE" and "Momma Sage", either (Sage became "Tony Tinhorn" later in an attempt to gain som respect for his smarts....)

I still have a couple pair o' "Mama Sage's Miracle Plug-in Electrical Underware..........

Wonder if Marshal Rusty still likes them little "sprinkles" on his doughnuts...?

I been workin' on patchin' up Old Baluey #422... and changin' to a new propulsive gas, 'stead of hot air... called METHANE.... gonna' revolutionize aerostats! Been goin' round an' round with the EPA though... they claims large amounts a' cow gas'll do more harm to the ozone layer than PBCs' PCPs an' them other fool things just from the SMELL alone....... Ack-wirin' enuff o'the gas is also a BIG problem... sneakin' around the back of cows with a "reverse enema" tube and bag ain't the SAFEST thing I ever done......

SWJ

Sweetwater, if you need some help in acquiring that gas, let me know. I will call a couple, three of my friends to come help you. I think I have a couple, three friends left. :unsure:

I still have copies of some of our "old" stories. And I even have some "coffee jerky" :blush:

Them were definatly the GOOD OLD DAYS. :blink:

I'll raise a glass to ALL of our friends here and gone on. -_-

Put it on Footlooses tab, he owes me :D

Geez Doc, can't believe ya said Flint Eastwood... must be ol' Flint Westwood's cousin... (chuckle).

Did someone mention the caves under the town? Ducks? The O.L.D.P.H.A.R.T.? Madame Fifi? Strawberry Lars?

Cassidy :P

PS - still got my Toostone badge too.

Do dead men swing from the Gallows???

I can't believe nobody mentioned the gallows in the Saloon (ACS).

So many good friends are gone, some to their Maker and some to other endeavors ! I miss them all, at some time they each helped to lift a heavy heart! I do hope that wherever they are they realize they made a difference in my life.

May God rest the Souls of the Eternal Posse and watch over my friends all the days of their lives!

Still got my Toostone badge too!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WROTE "EASTWOOD" EITHER!! :blink:

hehehehehehehehe

it was real late when I first posted this... and I put it on the Classified Wire t' boot.

Moved it this mornin' when I realized it! (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Howdy Marshal and Chip and Sierra Jack! I'll stand the next round.

Duc (still got's m' badge too!) McC

!!!!!!!!!!!Mayobard!! How are ya?? and where's Modern Day Cowboy? Haven't seed or heard from Pat Riot since he moved over here to the East Coast.

I'll have a wee dram if you please, and throw out a few more names.

Michigan Bar

buffalo springfield

Modern Day Cowboy

Anybody remember TN Frank (hope I don't conjur him up!) :lol:

Pinkie Jo

Slainte!

JHC

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WROTE "EASTWOOD" EITHER!! :blink:

hehehehehehehehe

it was real late when I first posted this... and I put it on the Classified Wire t' boot.

Moved it this mornin' when I realized it! (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Howdy Marshal and Chip and Sierra Jack! I'll stand the next round.

Duc (still got's m' badge too!) McC

!!!!!!!!!!!Mayobard!! How are ya?? and where's Modern Day Cowboy? Haven't seed or heard from Pat Riot since he moved over here to the East Coast.

Yep...miss tha shennigans frum tha boys of tha Irish Cattle Company.

Back around the turn of the century, I was maintaining the "Toostone Picture Galley". Those who visited the saloon would offer up a photo of themselves. Last entry was Tennessee Stud, on June 26, 2002. That entry was member 201.

I resurrected the Toostone Picture Galley but there was very little interest. Only got 6 or 7 new entries.

Since then I have moved to another server and did not upload the "Toostone Picture Gallery".

But I assure you that I still have it all. Photos and names of all those who were active in the saloon up until 2002.

I do wish I had kept a copy of all the stories that were told in here.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Back around the turn of the century, I was maintaining the "Toostone Picture Galley". Those who visited the saloon would offer up a photo of themselves. Last entry was Tennessee Stud, on June 26, 2002. That entry was member 201.

I resurrected the Toostone Picture Galley but there was very little interest. Only got 6 or 7 new entries.

Since then I have moved to another server and did not upload the "Toostone Picture Gallery".

But I assure you that I still have it all. Photos and names of all those who were active in the saloon up until 2002.

I do wish I had kept a copy of all the stories that were told in here.

Hey Cliff... I remember them days...

For a short period of time... I walked among veritable giants. Flint Westwood (still around somewhere)... Gunny Sackett... BJD... Duke Chism...

In the case of Suzy Silk Knickers... the absolute... unquestionable... most-brilliant... person to have EVER... posted on the Wire. She sure was something.

But all the rest that are still here... Finagler... Chip Tosser... Black (Whitebeard) Harris... McCandless... Tex Boden... Rocky Meadows... and the rest that I didn't mention....

All of ya... sure have provided more entertainment for me than... all the #$%@#*... in #$%#$%.

ts

I, too remember some of them stories from back in '01-'02 till they stopped all the shenanigans. Loved Momma Sage recipes to make purple shotgun smoke. Had me a good time with Miss Rocky Meadows and Lizzy Marie. Tree fetchin' was always excitin' and I wish I had printed all of them to re-post now. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Yep...miss tha shennigans frum tha boys of tha Irish Cattle Company.

I'm drinkin' my coffee out of my Irish Cattle Company MUG as we speak! (Well, type...) Sweetwater Jack

Yup, I member when Swede gave me my Toostone badge, thought I'd won a medal or somethin!

Using the leftover lumber from the humongidor to build a hot tub, then gettin in said tub with Miss Josie and Miss Spiffy and finding it filled with Jell-O :blink: , then Miss Spiffy losin her top in the Jell-O.......... B):D:o:wub: :wub: :rolleyes:

Methinks I need a drink!

Tex(whats glad to see a bunch of old amigos again)Boden

By the by, anybody mention Mack Weston?

Pat Riot lives somewhere around Sacrementle California now, but he has not shot a match for years. I have been doing WW2 reenacting, but although I have not shot in a match for years, I am still a life member and have all my stuff. I retire in 683 days (but who's counting). After I retire, I will start shooting again. I have not had contact with Modern Day Cowboy or Kid Cavalier for years.

Hey Bodie, good catch.

I was just think'n bout him a month or so back.

Wonder how the ol boy's doing.

Good to see many of the old gang responding. Sure do miss you folks.

Somebody needs to Prod that Old Far....., I mean Flint & Miss Timberline. See if they's awake, and can stop by.

As the Marshal said, Had a lot of laughs on here, and lifted my spirits when they'd hit rock bottom. I'll be forever indebted for the comradery, and the friends I've met & yet to meet. Merry Christmas one and all.

Chip (sigh'n with the memories) Tosser

Guest Flint Westwood SASS 94 E

Somebody did poke the Old Far....but as old as I am at least I remembered "Miss Josie Banks" (course it could just be 'cause at this very moment I'm sequestered over in the corner with my ass plunked down in the chair that I carved her name in :P

Stud, Suzy was that and a whole lot more. Sad that so many never got the pleasure of her company as some of us here in SoCal did. After her untimely demise I contacted her publisher to see if she knew who I could contact as to how her personal belongings were going to be liquidated (her mother being her only known relative and in a home with advanced Alzhiemers). First she said even if she had that info she wouldn't be allowed to divulge it.....her manner warmed magnitudes when I told her I could prove that I was person she dedicated her last book to.....she laughed, oh so you're Flint. Maybe I should have introduced myself that way at the very beginning.......lol Anyway, I never got any info so I never got to purchase the gun cart I made for her (you'd have loved it Stud, the uprights were ladies legs that she festooned with pink fishnet stockings and garters) nor the sxs shotgun I'd done the action job on for her. Hope they went to a good home.....or at least a cowboy shooter.

Bottles, a round for those not here to enjoy the holidays with us....we'll meet up again down the trail, just not too soon I hope. Tab? Whatca mean who's Tab.....Tex Boden said he'd be by later to cover it.

Flint(what couldn't even lift his own tab)Westwood

Archived