SASS Wire Forum

It's time to raise a glass in remembrance of the Saloon and the Toostone that was...

McCandless

Well, now I feel better knowing Flint still wanders in. Reading what ya said about Suzee got me thinkin' Flint. I never met Suzee in person, we IM'ed quite a bit and talked on the phone a couple times, and even collaborated on editing "The Mutant Worms"... yet I dearly regret we never met.

I have however met a passel of folks... such as Judge Roy Bean, Tex, Ulysses S. Grant, Hipshot, and the late Coyote Calhoun. But the Saloon (ACS) has provided some of my best friends in the world. And I decided to try and name all the "Saloonatics" I've met in person, many of you that I know very well... several I don't see here anymore... and a few that sadly have passed away. I know I'll forget some, please help me if you can...

Fred Finagler

Fancy Free

Footloose

Querida Kate

Duke Chisum

Tex Boden

Marshal Rusty Bore

Dapper Dan

Greeenriver

Wichita Griz

J. Mark Flint

Molasses

Henry Horns & Hazel

Chili Pepper Kid

Flint Westwood

Chip Tosser

Doc McCandless

Timberline

Rocky Meadows

Gunny Sackett

Mayobard

Pat Riot

Swede D

Strawberry Lars

Jess Shootin'

Patches McDuff

Sergeant Major

Ned Buckshot

Mockingbird

Mack Weston

Lizzie Marie & Cookie

Damn... I've done really well! Thank you Saloon (ACS)!!!!

Cassidy :P

FLINT!, Me Amigo.... Glad to see yer still kick'n and all healed up.... Looks like Miss Timberlines patch'n n splint'n has done ya wonders Please give her a hug from me. miss you folks.

Cass, there's a few on yer list I ain't caught up with yet, Hope to someday. Need to have us a Saloonatic reunion.

:o Baldredash, Pumpernickle, and Bah Hum BUG!!!!!!!! All this touchy feely group huggin feel good stuff is all fine and dandy, BUT.....and its a BIIIIG Bruinhilda size BUT!!!

You ya hoos think you can put MY tab on top and leave it there your ships done gone around the bend!!!!! Bottles, (pullin Pelegrosa de Loco's tab and puttin it on top, then drivin a ten penny nail thru the whole stack. That oughta keep it there a while, him and that other bandit El Blacko de Harrisimo got lots a gold to cover it. hehehehe B)

Met all but two on your list Cass, not bad. Good to see ole Flinto oldo make an appearance too.

Mr. Chip has a awful good idea there bout somekinda reunion, dunno how where or when but some of you guys ain't gettin no younger and I ain't thru soakin up all them pearls of wisdom thats locked up in them whisky soaked brains of y'alls! :wacko:

Thank ya everbody, I'm gonna be outa whack for a few days so whilst I'm here

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....HAPPY NEW YEAR.....GOOD HEALTH, LOVE AND LIFE TO ALL MY OLD FRIENDS.

Tex(what's actual humbled to have made friends with the fine folks he met thru this place and is very thankful and grateful)Boden

:P

Oh the gathering of the Toostone Saloon patrons in the big tent at EoTs of past.

Seeing the Huginkiss sisters, Shotglass, Rocky Meadows, Tex Boden and rabbit ears.

What memories.

Sorry Tex. I won't post pictures.

Hehehehe... That was pretty quick of ya there Tex. Onliest time I recollect see'n you move that fast .... Yup gotta watch that Tab jump'n. These Yahoos'll run er up afore you can say "Duck"

Feel kinda bad fer that Loco fella ya mentioned. He's gonna be some sorry poorer by the time he gets to town, course I ain't feel'n so bad, I won't stand a round fer the whole dang crowd on his behalf Hehehehehe.... What an idjut, leave his tab in the pile like that, serves em right.

Anywho..... Belly up to the bar folks Lets not open the cheap stuff either.

Chip (What ain't quite certain, but has a bad feeling bout this Pelligroso fella) Tosser

We have us a reunion every year in two places... Fandango and the Charity Shoot at Shady Creek (we had one oncet at True Grit Jr. too). We just have one touchy-feely session at Fandango... we have a retreat in the woods conducted by the Maharishi-Me-Hush-Footloose. We s'posedly do Yogi chants or somethin' like that but frankly I only do it fer the hugs... we got a bunch of wimmen on posse one that is the best huggers anywheres. Gotta admit, that is the best huggin' ever.

I still haVe my Toostone Saloon badge. Wonder how many were sent out? 1999-2001 I was the new kid on the block and met many a nice friend here and at EoT. Very few remember me, but I remember all those that made an effort to be a nice friend. Thanks for all the memories, it was a hoot.

Well, now I feel better knowing Flint still wanders in. Reading what ya said about Suzee got me thinkin' Flint. I never met Suzee in person, we IM'ed quite a bit and talked on the phone a couple times, and even collaborated on editing "The Mutant Worms"... yet I dearly regret we never met.

I have however met a passel of folks... such as Judge Roy Bean, Tex, Ulysses S. Grant, Hipshot, and the late Coyote Calhoun. But the Saloon (ACS) has provided some of my best friends in the world. And I decided to try and name all the "Saloonatics" I've met in person, many of you that I know very well... several I don't see here anymore... and a few that sadly have passed away. I know I'll forget some, please help me if you can...

Fred Finagler

Fancy Free

Footloose

Querida Kate

Duke Chisum

Tex Boden

Marshal Rusty Bore

Dapper Dan

Greeenriver

Wichita Griz

J. Mark Flint

Molasses

Henry Horns & Hazel

Chili Pepper Kid

Flint Westwood

Chip Tosser

Doc McCandless

Timberline

Rocky Meadows

Gunny Sackett

Mayobard

Pat Riot

Swede D

Strawberry Lars

Jess Shootin'

Patches McDuff

Sergeant Major

Ned Buckshot

Mockingbird

Mack Weston

Lizzie Marie & Cookie

Bushwack Bill

Grapeshot

Damn... I've done really well! Thank you Saloon (ACS)!!!!

Thanks Grapeshot... I know there's more. I'm pretty sure Rocky introduced me to Shotglass too.

Tom Muley, your posts on the wire were always among the classics!

Cassidy

It is good to see some of the rest of you crawl out of the darkness. Doncha wanna have fun no more?

I still have my Toostone badge. I keep it with all the other badges from different shoots I've been too.

I have had the good fortune to meet up with a number of the Saloon (ACS) pards over the years. I remember one instance in particular. I was at the convention and went up to see the spectacle of the cowboy ball. I saw Duke Chisum so I walked over to talk with him and the two of us took up guarding the wall. The fair and loverly Miss Rocky comes walking over to us. Now I had met Miss Rocky before. We talked about shooting and horses and such but here she is all dressed up and looking rather, well, um, ah, purtier than a new born colt. She lays a smooch on Dukey and then turns and looks at me. She says to me, "Take off your hat". Now I've never had a lady say that to me so I didn't know what to expect but I do as I'm told and then she grabs a holt of me and lays a big ol smooch on me! I didn't know what to say. I don't think I could talk for a while but it did make me feel kind of warm inside.

You just never know what to expect with a Saloonatic.

It is good to see some of the rest of you crawl out of the darkness. Doncha wanna have fun no more?

I still have my Toostone badge. I keep it with all the other badges from different shoots I've been too.

I have had the good fortune to meet up with a number of the Saloon (ACS) pards over the years. I remember one instance in particular. I was at the convention and went up to see the spectacle of the cowboy ball. I saw Duke Chisum so I walked over to talk with him and the two of us took up guarding the wall. The fair and loverly Miss Rocky comes walking over to us. Now I had met Miss Rocky before. We talked about shooting and horses and such but here she is all dressed up and looking rather, well, um, ah, purtier than a new born colt. She lays a smooch on Dukey and then turns and looks at me. She says to me, "Take off your hat". Now I've never had a lady say that to me so I didn't know what to expect but I do as I'm told and then she grabs a holt of me and lays a big ol smooch on me! I didn't know what to say. I don't think I could talk for a while but it did make me feel kind of warm inside.

You just never know what to expect with a Saloonatic.

YEHAAAAAW! That's Christmas spirit :wub:

Archived