SASS Wire Forum

USA made 73

Pit Bull Tex

Autoloc is making a complete USA made 73 rifle. Has anyone heard anything about it.Redwing Trading is also envolved in it. If anyone knows anything about it please post it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both web site say comming soon.

I talk to Redwing about 6 months ago about it, all I remember about it is he is going to try to price down and the quality up

Pit Bull,

Yes Redwing is working on it. They are good friends of ours and it will be completely made in the USA. I think he is trying to have a 38 as the first one out. If you go to his website you can call him. I should have asked him about it this weekend but forgot to. It will be very competatively priced. Is taking a while because they are building everything themselves except the barrel I believe.

Painted Filly

Pit Bull,

Yes Redwing is working on it. They are good friends of ours and it will be completely made in the USA. I think he is trying to have a 38 as the first one out. If you go to his website you can call him. I should have asked him about it this weekend but forgot to. It will be very competatively priced. Is taking a while because they are building everything themselves except the barrel I believe.

Painted Filly

38?...blah :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thanks Mrs Filly.I sent Redwing pictures of my grips. They have a pit bull head on one side and a paw print on the other and ask if they might put something like them on a knife and screw knife.Autolok said this morning that they had test guns made.They said they would try and send pictures

Howdy,

There is a long hard road between intent and product. The business of manufacturing anything is quite complex and full of traps and problems.

I wish them the best, but doubt it will ever see daylight. The better idea would be to do what has been done in the past: contract w. the Italian manufacturer to import the parts. Then assemble and finish w. American labor. If priced right wholesale, this has been a workable plan.

Regards,

Tommie

Now boys, I think we can all agree that a completely USA made 73 is a good thing.

The fact that they are starting out with a .38 version I'm sure is strictly a business decision as the market is bigger for a .38 at this point in time.

Now boys, I think we can all agree that a completely USA made 73 is a good thing.

The fact that they are starting out with a .38 version I'm sure is strictly a business decision as the market is bigger for a .38 at this point in time.

BLAH!!! :P

..and if some dont; get by now I'm joking (hello????? :P see the smiley???) - fire on ya sez I :lol:

If they make a .44 spec. with interchangale .44 Russian carrier,hard chromed, 25 3/4" half round half octagon,deluxe stock with barb wire checkering and shotgun style buttplate along with interchangable front site beads and a trap in the stock for a cleaning rod I may buy one.

If they make a .44 spec. with interchangale .44 Russian carrier,hard chromed, 25 3/4" half round half octagon,deluxe stock with barb wire checkering and shotgun style buttplate along with interchangable front site beads and a trap in the stock for a cleaning rod I may buy one.

I'll take one of those too, but instead of the space for a cleaning rod I'll have a "patch box" to store those interchangeable front sights in :)

It's called special order.

KK

:blink: Now here ladies and gentleman is a pard who knows what he's after :D

I hope they can pull it off.

I have a good friend who is a gunsmtih specializing in Cowboy Action firearms. He says the Uberti firearms have had a large decrease in quality since Beretta took them over. He's ready to give up purchasing any Uberti firearms and is looking for other manufacturers.

SCG

I have a good friend who is a gunsmtih specializing in Cowboy Action firearms. He says the Uberti firearms have had a large decrease in quality since Beretta took them over. He's ready to give up purchasing any Uberti firearms and is looking for other manufacturers.

nked

SCG

That's just sad stuff to hear - after Remington took over Marlin their quality tanked too from what I hear on the Wire....

SCG

That's just sad stuff to hear - after Remington took over Marlin their quality tanked too from what I hear on the Wire....

Yes, and the saddest part is that it is NOT true. :P The quality of the Uberti 73 is actually up, and the design has been improved since it's introduction. That issue aside, I hope Redwing Trading succeeds with this project, and wish them the best of luck with it. :FlagAm:

Yes, and the saddest part is that it is NOT true. :P The quality of the Uberti 73 is actually up, and the design has been improved since it's introduction. That issue aside, I hope Redwing Trading succeeds with this project, and wish them the best of luck with it. :FlagAm:

Hope so - would hate to see Uberti quality go wayside...but ya can;t dispute the quality of the Marlin '94 gone down hill...

Don't forget the compass in the stock!

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they pull it off too.

The 38 is the chosen caliber for one reason and it's not about history. A gun in the original caliber that it was made in 1873 like the 44-40 would make for a great special order or what ever it needs to be called. I am 64 and have served this country both in the military and as a cop on the street. I say this so that I may make the following statement. The current Uberti rifles that are sold in this country are said to be better than the originals because of the metals and the craftsmanship. I have been shooting my Uberti for over 18 months in 44-40 and love every thing about it. It is a very well made and fine shooting rifle. I wish any American company that produces anything the best of luck as we need something to be proud of when it reads MADE IN AMERICA. They will have a huge hill to climb with the current economy as they will need to export also.

If it does come out I would sure wait to see if all the after market 73 parts including short stroke kits worked in the rifle. If they didn't, I would not expect it to sell well.

Howdy,

If my memory serves me right he reversed engineered an original 1873, so will aftermarket parts work? If not it's not hard to make more to accomadate a USA made 1873.

KK

KK I want one after you get yours,or after your done with yours.I would like a real USA made 73.I USA company that really wants to make a good product will. God Bless American

If it does come out I would sure wait to see if all the after market 73 parts including short stroke kits worked in the rifle. If they didn't, I would not expect it to sell well.

+1

I still recall the first time I saw the Chaparral rifles at the SASS convnetion and asked the rep if short stroke kits would work in them.

When, in his condesending tone, he told me "No, these are "Historically accurate guns", so current short stroke kits wont work."

I knew right then, they wouldn't be around too long.

Would hate to see an USA company make the same error.

+1

I still recall the first time I saw the Chaparral rifles at the SASS convnetion and asked the rep if short stroke kits would work in them.

When, in his condesending tone, he told me "No, these are "Historically accurate guns", so current short stroke kits wont work."

I knew right then, they wouldn't be around too long.

Would hate to see an USA company make the same error.

They weren't around because they were crap, big difference!!! So I guess Cody will be a busy man short stroking 1873's made in the USA.

KK

Redwing showed me the 100% USA made prototype 1873 all Stainless Steel at the Convention last year. I know there will be at least one in the World...I ordered mine in 45lc.... That's all I know about that..... T-Bone

WOW!!!! A stainless, USA Built, 1873 in .38?!? SIGN ME UP!!!!

Archived