SASS Wire Forum

Forum UPGRADES!

Guest Matt Kohutics

THANKS ,GOT MY PMs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I DO NOT like is all the "Social Networking" crap. I spend several minutes every morning throwing request for this and that and join my movement etc.

Wasn't needed here and I certainly will not use it.

Hi Matt,

Before the upgrade, "my interests" only appeared on my profile page. Now, they appear on every post. Will you be doing something that will fix that? Or, can you tell me how to fix it so it only appears in my profile. I have so many that it makes my posts very long.

I found where I can update them, which I need to do as they now have codes in them.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Guest Matt Kohutics

Before the upgrade, "my interests" only appeared on my profile page. Now, they appear on every post. Will you be doing something that will fix that?

That's one of the things that will likely be addressed by the look/feel people. But I'm sure they're watching this thread too, so still good to mention.

I was kinda hopin' I'd get ta be a SASS Wire Vet this time....

Otherwise, so far so good,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Except for the blue color, no "old west feel" and the missing PM's I'm pretty impressed. The wire has come a long way since I originally joined in the 90's and all the different thread titles started at the left and responses stacked up underneath and sliding to the right. In those days you had to click on each response to see it. Took forever to read some threads.

I also would like to see the ability to post pictures return. That really made the wire fun when we had it, although there was no size limit and some of the durned pictures took so long to load they'd freeze your computer, soooooo if you do that I'd suggest a photo size limit.

And thanks for keeping us updated on progress!

Good job Matt.

Cassidy :P

Please add a "Thread Preview Function" or whatever it's called.

All you have to do is move your cursor over a thread title and the beginning of the first post is previewed.

Lots of other forums have this, and it really helps decide whether or not to click on a thread.

Much better than just repeating when the thread started.

Writing is so small, I need reading glass to see it. Not with the other form. Had to increase to this size for out going messages. Still have hard time reading in-coming messages.

Can't retrive my PM's. But when I did, the ones I deleted once before where back again and I can't delete them again.

This site runs even slower than the old site.

When I read a message on the board, it looks like it's not been read and when I respond, it don't show as I have responded.

To return to the saloon page, after responding to a post, I must press the back button many times to get back to the post board.

Guest Matt Kohutics

>To return to the saloon page, after responding to a post, I must press the back button many times to get back to the post board.

Apache, Do the links at the top left not take you where you want to go? Looks something like:

SASS Wire Forum> SASS Forums> SASS Wire

You just click on SASS Wire and it should take you back to the main screen.

>Please add a "Thread Preview Function" or whatever it's called.

Well, there's something SORT OF like this... I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's kinda neat in its own right. To the far right of the title of a thread, and just to the left of the name of the person who started it, there should be a couple grayed out icons. One of those icons is a 'topic preview' ... Now it's not as convenient (in my opinion) as just hovering over the topic link text, but it looks like it gives you the actual entire first post, instead of just the first line or so.

>Writing is so small

This had been mentioned by someone else... This might be something that the Sass designers can look into if demand is high enough, it's really their call though, if people want a larger font size, I'd say to mention it to the Sass staff and maybe they can accomodate that.

>the ones I deleted once before where back again and I can't delete them again.

I'll have to look into this one, messages should delete when you delete them... Did you click the checkbox to the right of the message, and then the delete button below it? I had 6 or 7 old messages from before the upgrade, so I just clicked the checkbox to the right of all of them and hit delete, and they're all gone now.

>Where do I find messages?

Your messages will be on the top right... It'll say your name up there with a little downward arrow, click on the arrow and it'll give you a list of messages, friends, ignored people, all kinds of stuff.

>Howdy, any chance of getting a link to the handbooks in the title bar?

This is up to the Sass staff, but as far as I know, they are aware of this thread, so they'll probably see this request.

Nate,

I found it. Click the little down arrow next to your alias at the top of the screen. You will get a drop down menu, then select "My Content" from that window and all the posts you have replied to will appear.

One thing I DO NOT like is all the "Social Networking" crap. I spend several minutes every morning throwing request for this and that and join my movement etc.

Wasn't needed here and I certainly will not use it.

+1

Need some cowboy emoticns too. There's lots of em available. Other cowboy site use em & it's about time the Wire got em too.

My two cents:

I think it would be really nice to have direct links to the other forum pages in each forum. Example, if I'm reading the SASS Wire, it would be nice to click on a link on that page that would take me to SASS Wire Classifieds, SASS Wire Saloon, etc. Life as we know it will not end if this does not occur. It's just a little "user friendly" suggestion.

My two cents:

I think it would be really nice to have direct links to the other forum pages in each forum. Example, if I'm reading the SASS Wire, it would be nice to click on a link on that page that would take me to SASS Wire Classifieds, SASS Wire Saloon, etc. Life as we know it will not end if this does not occur. It's just a little "user friendly" suggestion.

Darlin' Buck,

It's here. Just use the drop down list at the bottom right of the page.

Regards,

allie Mo

Darlin' Buck,

It's here. Just use the drop down list at the bottom right of the page.

Regards,

allie Mo

It's gotta be Christmas 'cause I got just what I want.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Best to you and yours!

Buck

:FlagAm: Just noticed at bottom right of posts a + or - voting option. Mine says I have exceded my limit of votes although I have never voted. I see no entries in any posts. I this going to be a future option? If so will it give totals for both + or -?

Thank you.

Howdy Matt,

While looking for another member to send a PM too, I discovered that there are multiple entries for several members. Using myself as an example, if a search is done for "Dogmeat" you get Dogmeat Dad 48563L as well as Dogmeat #318, just Dogmeat, and Dogmeat, #318 with a comma. This occurs using both the Search Box in the upper right hand corner of the page as well as from the PM generation window. I know this is also true for Frio Canyon Ranger who is listed twice, once with his actual SASS number and once with an incorrect SASS number.

I suspect that these errors in the database are the result of original errors when people signed up for the wire many moons ago, but are probably something that should be addressed. I don't know if it is possible to determine if the duplicates are inactive or what criteria to use to purge the duplicates.

Good Luck and thanks for your efforts so far.

Dogmeat Dad

Cutter's Raiders have just set up a Forum for their membership.

It was a eye opener of the amount of bots (spammers) that are hitting the site. Multiply that by the larger SASS membership and that could explain some of the slow response times.

Archived