SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just discovered this trick this year. Mrs. LL steamed a dozen eggs in the pressure cooker; done in minutes, each separated cleanly when peeled. LL
  3. Today
  4. I went to school with a feller named Richard Wild. His belt buckle said Dick. He always wrote his name last, first just to PO all the teachers. A friend dated a gal named Candy Valentine. Her real name, not a stage name. Years ago a classmate's last name was Dick. Her dad was Gary. His brother was Harry. I kid you not. I have a distant relative by marriage who's name was Dick Johnson. Yup. Really. His parents did that. And I once worked with a guy named William Folde. Get it?
  5. That's because you used up your entire lifetime allotment of luck on that PW-87.
  6. That is an ERROR that we are in the process of correcting in the updated versions of the RO Courses.
  7. Nice looking parlor panther. I'm not a cat person but I don't mind other people keeping them for me visit once in awhile.
  8. Looks like a blind date I had in high school.
  9. My ex- used to make 'em ... Darned crunchy, too.
  10. Seems the general view is 22 mag instead of 17. I was afraid a 223 would bounce off the water if we missed. My nearest neighbor is over 100 yards through trees but don't want to take chances
  11. The Timer Operator should be just behind the shoulder of the shooter, looking over the shooter and his gun(s). When properly in this position, he will ALWAYS have the best view of what target was being engaged on each shot,. The faster the shooter is, the harder it is for spotters standing off the line of fire to see the correct sequence. Spotters are looking for hits and misses, and counting the misses. IF one or more see a Procedural or Safety violation, they bring it up to the TO when reporting their miss counts. Almost all the time, the TO will have already seen the P or safety violation. If the TO did not see it, it is up to him/her to consider the input about the P or Safety from all three spotters, and assess such penalties as are consistent with what shooter actions he/she DID see. Now, sometimes things get happening fast, and some confusion can exist on what the shooter did. That is where the "best judgement of the TO" has to kick in. A good TO will support the spotters' reports of a P or a Safety, unless just 1 spotter believed there was a violation, but such violation was something that the TO should have been able to see, or the TO saw the shooter's run did not happen that way, or the spotter calling it out has a poor understanding of the rule used to make that report.. It's not a perfect approach, but it works out real well over the long run. A TO only has the view that he was able to position himself to ensure that he saw. That comes with tons of experience doing the job. If you have a TO who is gaining that experience, have a little patience with him and expect that he may make an occasional call that seems wrong. That is what we understand will happen when we have this game run the way it has worked for quite a while. Sorta like how baseball umpires and basketball refs don't get every single call right and some fouls and violations slip by. The TO is there to make things FAIR, not to make things PERFECT, athough that is certainly a goal they all would like to get to. But, in the end, it's the TO that calls the P or Safety, considering any input from the spotters. That part of the recommended way to do the TO job has fallen into disuse except for when a beginning shooter is on the line. If the shooter says a starting line, or otherwise indicates he is ready, we now take it that he believes he understands the course of fire. This means a shooter MUST know the course of fire, or ask TO to go over the part he does not understand. Asking about "Does shooter understand the course" really annoys almost all shooters, slows down matches, and rarely prompts the beginning shooter to speak up and say "No, explain the stage again" Good luck, GJ
  12. I never seen a black cinnamon roll.
  13. Looks like I should have been more direct in my post. "I recently had an experience where the TO called several procedurals on shooters , none of the counters saw the procedurals" Time to get new spotters! Or maybe a new T.O. Someone isn't doing the job they should be.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.