SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If she's shooting two handed, be sure she's not letting her off hand or thumb put some drag on the cylinder. I've seen this happen recently but it wasn't a Ruger.
  3. A friend recently bought one at an auction. I don't know what the year of manufacture was. Close examination shows that it was made by Akkar in Turkey. The fit and finish was good. But like all SXS shotguns the springs were very heavy.
  4. @Colorado Coffinmaker has one, he can tell you more. I think he said it is identical to the Pedersoli and probably made by them.
  5. I'd like to accept this award and thank all my SALOON fans who watched my video.
  6. Don't buy anything till you attend a match or two. Ask to try other peoples firearms to see what feels right to you. Some pistols will point more naturally than others. Some people like birdshead grips some don't. Same for Bisley grips. Some prefer Rugers, some prefer SAA, and others prefer open tops. Barrel length is also a personal preference. You'll see barrel lengths as short as 2" to as long as 12". Same applies to rifles and shotguns. Tricked out heavily modified guns will not make you a top shooter. Properly tuned firearms and a lot of practice is what it takes. BTW some of us shoot for style points and compete to have the most fun.
  7. This is interesting. "Highland Pot Roast - 57 Prize-Winning Recipes, H. J. Heinz Company, 1957" Look at the portion sizes. Four ouces of beef, a small potato, maybe about a half cup of vegetables and mushrooms. A far cry from our modern serving sizes of 8 to 12 ounces of meat, if not more than a pound, two cups of potatoes, and the same of mixed vegetables.
  8. Have you read the Shooters Handbook? Attend a local match. All your questions can be easily answered at a match.
  9. Are the Pietta 1878 Coach guns made in Italy? Just trying to confirm they are not Chinese or Turkish, then imported under the Pietta name. If you have one please chime in.
  10. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/young-adults-in-pennsylvania-win-the-right-to-carry/
  11. SASS MEMBERS please be careful responding to ads here on the wire. Evidently Fire Eater got scammed by someone pretending to be me. If you respond to one of my ads please realize that I am not able to take any form of electronic payment. I accept good checks from SASS Members, cashiers checks or USPS money orders only. It is also important that you remove any personal information from your SASS profile. Things like your real life name, email addresses, home addresses and any phone numbers do not , in my opinion, belong in your SASS profile. Again, be careful, Marlin
  12. Check your bags thoroughly when traveling out of the US. This includes driving into Canada or Mexico. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/american-tourist-faces-12-years-for-loose-ammo/
  13. Can't be any better than this one. Might want to change your mind on which one you want before El Catorce sees this. LOL TM
  14. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/scotus-takes-aim-at-firearm-definition-in-safs-vanderstok-case/
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.