SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For sale: Dillon RF100 primer tube filler in excellent condition. Has been upgraded for variable speed. Set up for small pistol, but am including tube for large pistol primers also -work great but I have two. Have original box. $350 shipped to conus accept PayPal F&F, Venmo, Zelle also for immediate shipping. first to post “I’ll take it here on the wire gets it.
  3. Another issue is the firing pin cavity in the bolt. If you have a lot of gunk in the firing pin hole, could be slowing every thing down in cold weather. Even worse is if the gunk builds up and binds the firing in the forward position. During the season, I use non-chlorinated brake cleaner to blast it out, then re-lubricate. At the end of the year, I completely disassemble the bolt and replace the extractor.
  4. Where can I find a 11MM dovetail front globe sight
  5. Thank you Rooster, I kept watching this and my resolve to resist was getting weaker and weaker......LOL. I already have one so did not.."need" it. You got a great deal, I gave quite a bit more for mine about 3-4 months ago. Macon
  6. A whisper spring from The Smith Shop. Smith Shop retired several years ago, Online Outpost took their remaining stock. No more of these remain on Online Outpost website listings. I've got at least 2 in my 73s right now - been running them for 10 years. GJ
  7. On the 66 you can also drill and tap a hole in the lower tang for a strain screw. Just like a 73 has. Then if you are away from home and start getting misfires you can tighten the strain screw to increase mainspring pressure.
  8. I'm sorry, phone is horrible....the Holy Black is what we call real black powder, Goex,Shutzen, old ensford, Swiss, we like shooting it because it's what was loaded in the old west, I like it causes it goes big boom and lots smoke. When I started I went to black powder first, moonwaltz, blackjack and a few other big smoke bangers talked me into pale Rider and I never went back. I gotta say, every aspect of this game if fun,from the old mouse fart to the big booms. And you will never find a better,more willing to help group anywhere...like everyone said, go-to a match, try everything cause most these guys will stuff several different guns in your hand so you can see all.. then decide what blows your dress up!!! An elitist, me,wow....ThankS, better than what I'm usually called,hence the name Ornery OAF ...enjoy all!
  9. Came here to mention Longhunter's speed loaders but have also noticed that some make their own. Haven't inspected them carefully but it appears to be a length of PVC pipe with a dowel rod as a pusher. They work very well.
  10. In response to the above post. It is obvious that after all that time you are still regretting the purchase of that badly dented firearm. I mean come on, all that scratching on the wrist area that is supposed to pass for checkering, no finish and I am sure lots of rust specks here and there. I am willing to take it off your hand for 3 times what you paid for it AND I will pay shipping! How can you pass up that deal! I await your reply. All kidding aside, nice rescue and revival.
  11. He's asking for $400-500 per pistol. I've seen some great deals on Piettas specifically recently. You can a basic pair new in that price range at the moment. Maye even have a few bucks left over for a spring kit.
  12. Long Hunter Shooting Supply sells Speed Loaders. Perhaps that is what you saw.
  13. Might bring some rain gear just in case pard... Slight chance currently, not sure of it will amount to anything though. Looking to this match!
  14. The Mrs is trying out cowboy shooting. She is having a difficult time loading up her 1873. I've seen people use a sort of "speed loader" where you easily shove all 10 rounds in with very little fuss. Can someone direct me to a place where I can purchase one of these? Thanks.
  15. I was at a gun show some years back and a guy had a really beat up Hunter Arms Fulton (Hunter arms bought up a lot of brands including Ithaca and LC Smith, etc). He had a $150 on it make offer. I offered him $50. He balked and counted $75. Ok. Barrels bent and dented in about 12 places. I straightened out the barrels and hammered out the dents. The wood was painted with some kind of varnish that was yellowed nearly black and crinkled. I stripped it off to find high grade wood. The receiver had engraving. It was a nice high grade gun in its time. Top gun before.
  16. Can't remember who made those slotted main springs but they were a major brand. Light leaf springs wear out... regularly. Before we started using coil springs in all our guns it was pretty common to have the light ones go (either weak or break) every couple of years. Sometimes only a year if unlucky yes. Sure you can get one that goes a lot longer but you always have to have a spare. Even heavier springs that aren't lightened to the limit can just give up and break sometimes. Coil spring kits generally will go many years before either the spring or a supporting part needs replacement and you usually get a little more warning something is up.
  17. WD 40 is a poor gun lubricant, especially in cooler weather. I would use Hornaday 1 Shot.
  18. Mrs. Sun makes Aldi key ring quarter holders to sell at craft show/fairs. They are a pretty good seller both on E-Bay and at the shows so I guess a bunch of people shop at Aldi's. I think she sells them too cheap ($3.00 each+ $4.00 shipping) for the amount of time she puts into them but she always says, "Crafters don't do it for the money." She has all kinds of designs for her embroidery machine, these are a few.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.