SASS Wire Forum

Taylor 1873 rifle in 9mm

Just now, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

Taylor in the USA.

I thought Taylor’s was a distributor, since when did they set up a manufacturing shop? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I thought Taylor’s was a distributor, since when did they set up a manufacturing shop? 

Beats me, but all their literature on the rifle and the rep said they, as in Taylor's,  is making the rifle.  https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/tc73-rifle-18-9mm-tuned.html

• Like 1

I guess they're relying on both the weight of the rifle and the lack of recoil of the 9mm cartridge.

Because the thought of 16 of these

80739i_ts.jpg

Stacked in a line, with that full metal jacket pointy end sitting on the primer of the one in front of it, is scary as hell.

• Like 4

Yup, definitely want a flat point on those.

I believe you are missing the point.

Yes, you can find flat pointed lead bullets to hand load your 9mms with, so there will be no danger of your magazine tube exploding.

But if they chamber the gun for 9 mm, it is supposed to be safe with any factory ammunition. Including 115 grain pointed nose full metal jacket.

Because you know and I know that somebody is going to stuff that tube full of 115 grain full metal jacket pointed nose factory ammunition. It will happen.

So, as I said, they are undoubtedly relying on the weight of the gun and the minimal recoil of the cartridge to prevent a magazine kaboom.

• Like 2

Every pistol caliber rifle with a tube magazine has the same potential problem,  yet I don't hear of very min any idiots blowing themselves up.  Don't think it will be worse with a 9mm rifle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Show me one in .45 ACP and I'm interested. Not a fan of 9mm.

Yeah, well….9mm told me they don’t like you either, so…there!

:rolleyes::lol::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think the words “New Arrival” and “Taylor Tuned” pretty much tell me they didn’t make it. 

IMG_7392.thumb.png.258b1ba429eb091dc38d86ec0e6434e0.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

9mm is cheaper and easier to get than 45 or 44 or 38 but I wouldn’t hunt with it so it’d be for when you want to plink cheap

No more expensive for me to make than anything else. As I cast almost every bullet that I shoot, price for ammo is a moot point. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’m guessing the parts are all made here by different companies and assembled by Taylor’s. Hence 100% American made. 
I really wonder why they didn’t introduce it in .45 Colt or .357. 
9mm really??? No thanks 

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

I have grown to love the 9mm round. I’ll bet with a 124 or 147 grain XTP bullet loaded to +P velocities one could have a slick little short range (100 yards)  hunting gun for animals up to deer sized game including zombie’s and chainsaw wielding carnivores. ;)

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’m guessing the parts are all made here by different companies and assembled by Taylor’s. Hence 100% American made. 
I really wonder why they didn’t introduce it in .45 Colt or .357. 
9mm really??? No thanks 

Kinda my thoughts. I wouldn't have to think to hard to come up with something I'd rather have for $2K

JHC :lol:

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Looks like a threaded barrel, add a can, sub sonic rounds = FUN.

image.jpeg.656d00a68382ef16c53c08c068a6393e.jpeg

Very cool.  Now a ruger pcc is cheaper but a threaded cowboy style rifle would be awesome

DOA !