SASS Wire Forum

Best place to buy Dillion

One Gun Jimmy

I bought my 650 through Dillon back in 2016. I buy most of my Dillon stuff from Bobcat Armament now. I get a military discount there. Otherwise I think they have the same prices as Dillon. 

I went for the 650 over the 550 because I wanted the auto-indexing and the powder alarm. I now use the powder alarm location for a bullet feeder.

Like OLG, I bought my first 550 from Dillon in 1987, sent it back a little under 2 years ago and they replaced it with the latest 550 under Warranty.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a 550 that’s just great! Got it right from Dillon.

• Like 1

I  own a 550 and a 650.  Once I got used to the 650 I didn't want to go back to the 550.  I use my 650 for small primers and my 550 for large primers.  Cannot go wrong with either.

• Like 2

I have two 550B's. I can do 600 - .38 spl. or .357 or ,45 acp per hour and that's with a powder check every 100 although the powder has never been off in the 20++ years I've had them. I can't do 9mm or .30 carbine as fast, only about 400 an hour, because the case is filled most of the way with powder and advancement of the plate has to have a little bit easier touch so the powder doesn't spill out. It's for that very reason that I'm glad I don't have an auto-indexing one like the 650/750.

No matter which one you get, Dillon stands by their product and sends out replacement parts quickly and free of charge no matter the cause. You can't go wrong with the Blue.

As far as purchasing one from a supplier, the machines are all the same, get quotes and go with the cheapest quote. Don't forget shipping is a big expense also, include shipping fees in your quotes.

Buy from Dillon!!!!

Let them have ALL the profit.

I have both 650 & 750

The 750 primer system is MUCH preferred.

• Like 4

Get your DILLON from DILLON.

I load on two 650s.  One of them had well over several hundred thousand rounds thru it.  Shipped it back for Rehab for a small fee, what I got back is lake an absolutely NEW press.  Anything I have broken, Dillon has replaced freebies.

Does not matter where you buy it as the price will be the same regardless of where you buy it.  The only difference might be shipping.  If a local retailer has it in stock and does not add shipping you might save a few dollars.

• Like 1