SASS Wire Forum

Would this solve the problem?

Alpo

This is not real. This was a dream I had.

Somebody was murdered in the house.

10 years or so later somebody else is murdered in the house.

People start talking about it being an evil house. It is haunted.

Someone tries to burn it down, but the fire department saves it.

They can't find any tenants that will stay more than a year. People that live there talk about furniture rearranging itself at night, and strange noises, and cold spots in various rooms. Obviously this house is haunted.

And a few years later a third person is murdered in the house.

If the arsonists actually succeeded in burning the house down, so now it is just a vacant lot, and they built a new house on the vacant lot, do you think that people would think the new house is haunted and evil, or would the burning it down have gotten rid of the evil of the house?

• Like 1

Depends on what was buried in the ground beneath it. 

Also, is there any running water nearby?

Was it a doppelgänger, a funnel, a haint, a revenant, an orb, interactive ectoplasm, or a simple audible?

Different manifestations require different cleansings. 

• Like 2

If it's the spirits of Widder or Tennessee Williams that are inhabiting the land, you'll have to nuke the site from orbit, it'll be the only way to be sure. 

• Like 1

Good drugs 

one of my medicines when mixed with alcohol gives me very vivid and weird dreams 

Edited by Henry T Harrison

46 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You woke up too early, otherwise you’d know the answer.

Well, yeah. I always wake up before the dream is resolved. Kind of annoying, actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Kind of depends on where this cursed house is in relation to your house doesn't it?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Alpo old son, you gotta stop smoking that stuff before you do yourself some real damage.  :rolleyes:

Too late...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Y'all seem to have misinterpreted the question.

It was not whether or not the ghost would still be there. It was not whether or not the new house would be haunted.

The question was whether people - you know those idiots that populate the world - would believe that the new house would still be haunted like the old one.

Didn't misunderstand a thing. But as so often happens, there were actually two questions:

Question 1:

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

If the arsonists actually succeeded in burning the house down, so now it is just a vacant lot, and they built a new house on the vacant lot, do you think that people would think the new house is haunted and evil . . . ?

Answer 1: Don't know anything about your dream people, so we can't answer for them. Dream them up again and ask them yourself.

Question 2:

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

. . . or would the burning it down have gotten rid of the evil of the house?

Answer 2:

4 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Different manifestations require different cleansings. 

ETA: I was going to suggest something about a dead cat in a graveyard at midnight after an evil person had been buried, but then I remembered that was a cure for warts.

Edited by Ozark Huckleberry

33 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

ETA: I was going to suggest something about a dead cat in a graveyard at midnight after an evil person had been buried, but then I remembered that was a cure for warts

Isn't that just a cure for warts in Missouri? I mean maybe it'll get rid of ghosts in Florida.

• Like 1