SASS Wire Forum

Military intelligence - does anybody listen?

There have been all sorts of incidents/disasters where intel was available, but the people in charge of responding paid no attention or discounted the information. In the case of the recent terror attack in Moscow, it is reported that we warned Moscow of the potential for the attack. Apparently, Putin wasn't interested. Some people tend to blame "intelligence" for failure to prevent such tragedies, but the information is useless if nobody in command is willing to pay attention to it! :angry:

• Like 1

With the volume of intelligence coming in at all times, it's often hard to separate the good from the bad or just speculation.  It's easy to go back in 20/20 hindsight and point to something and claim that if they had only listened.  It's sort of like those Youtube financial "experts" who claim the market is going to crash and you should put everything into gold bars.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It's sort of like those Youtube financial "experts" who claim the market is going to crash and you should put everything into gold bars.  

....................... specifically "their" gold bars.  <_<

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It’s also possible that Putin planned the attack, like the apartment bombings he used as a basis for attacking Chechnya. 

Well , I have seen the Unedited raw footage , Never ever doubt what your own country might be capable of . Just like some of the known Benghazi attackers are not on the USA terror list but on the Worlds terror list ?

I dont take "coincidences" to well as like why was this movie released exactly one month prior?  Plot CIA has a "terrorist " attack on a Opera House 

actual opera house 

IMG_3965.jpeg

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy

Unless there is specific information, how does one plan to prevent a terrorist attack?  In a city the size of Moscow, or NY or London, there are any number of targets that can attract terrorists.  The French, in anticipation of the Olympics later this year, are upping their counter terror and surveillance activities, but a terrorist attack could occur in one of a hundred different locations.  Unfortunately, unlike TV, there isn't always an obvious target.

i guess we shall see how much listening there is and how they approach the threatr idf they get the intelligence - one is coming here , they havce been crossing our boarder - just a matter of time , 

id like to know why its thought that letting them in is a good idea ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Because the other side is giving them everything that they can, thereby grooming them to be future voters for them. Letting in a "few" Bad Guys is an acceptable risk for that.   

well , i think that will be a bad outcome real soon , im not complaining of those that want a better life [id prefer they came legal and adopted our life ] but im complaining of those that are coming wishing ill - dont kid ypourselves they are here and still coming , 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

When a sycophantic media helps divert blame for consequences, there is no downside.

i see this thought , in many ways that approach actually feeds their need - as bad things happen as a result of this policy [no boarder ] they get new news to report and write opinions on , 

im just fearful that the really big story - the really bad one is coming and there will be people loosing their lives and families destroyed that could have been prevented , 

4 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I thought Military intelligence was an oxymoron.

Kind of like "Fun Run".

4 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I wouldn't put anything past Putin.  Take the country's collective mind off the failure in Ukraine. 

That was, and still is, my thought too. Add to it that the terrorists were reported to have headed to Ukraine to escape.

1 minute ago, watab kid said:

one day they will be standing in a bread line hoping to get what the government promised - thats not the american dream , thats not the intent of our government and it was never what our founding fathers envisioned for this country , its not what we should be 

If it gets to that point, the rest of us will be in the same bread lines. 

9 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If it gets to that point, the rest of us will be in the same bread lines. 

i agree , its what the communist takeover will result in , it has traditionally since the revolt of 1917 in russia and continues today in venezuela as well as some other south american areas ,