SASS Wire Forum

It's So HARD To Vote!

I've been hearing and reading about making it easier for people to vote and people whining about how they don't have time to vote.

We have vote by mail.  We have early voting.  I got this in the mail yesterday:

IMG_20240215_091152455.thumb.jpg.ee81f2486b9590ab2b58585b456f219f.jpg

How much more time do people need?  

• Sad 3

There'd be a lot less dead people voting as well if they had to show ID. A dead guy would stick out like a sore thumb!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I just sent my application in for an absentee ballot. I always vote by mail, 

Here in WV you show your voter registered voter card and your ID to vote. They check their paper roster and verify everything before you sign then get your ballot. No ID or registered voter card, no vote for you. 
As it should be. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just sent my application in for an absentee ballot. I always vote by mail, 

My wife and I do the same.  She started 3 elections ago because of her disabilities.  I held on to going to the polls for a while, but in this VERY leftist area I decided that I'd rather vote by mail.  We dropped our ballots off at the Ballot Collection Box by the library across the street this morning.    Last time I voted in person - early in the morning - I got to verify and sign the statement that the ballot boxes were empty when closed and locked.  Kinda fun.

I remember when it was Election DAY not Election WEEK, and absentee/vote by mail was only for exceptional cases, not a normal way of voting.  Heck I remember when whoever was in charge of a polling place stood outside, rang a bell, and announced, "The polls are now open!" and then, at the end of the day, ringing the bell and announcing, "The polls are now closed!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Here in WV you show your voter registered voter card and your ID to vote. They check their paper roster and verify everything before you sign then get your ballot. No ID or registered voter card, no vote for you. 
As it should be. 

@Pat Riot is right!

image.png.4ca4a6a7c74cda57b62bc84d569b6d55.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

As it should be. 

I would either toss my Voter ID Card on the table or my sample ballot so they could read the information.  Watched 'em line through my name and have me sign.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I would either toss my Voter ID Card on the table or my sample ballot so they could read the information.  Watched 'em line through my name and have me sign.

Here, unless you have an absentee ballot to vote, to vote at the polling station you must have a valid ID and a valid registered voter card. Showing up with and absentee ballot to vote at the polling station is a no-go. But, I do believe you can mail it up to and including Election Day. I think. Not sure about that. 

• Like 3

In Ohio you can request an absentee ballot. If you’re registered to vote you fill in your DL # or last 4 digits of your SS#. Then they send you a ballot. Same info needed on the actual ballot plus signature which is on file. 

51 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

As it should be. 

Same here. 

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Here, unless you have an absentee ballot to vote, to vote at the polling station you must have a valid ID and a valid registered voter card. Showing up with and absentee ballot to vote at the polling station is a no-go. But, I do believe you can mail it up to and including Election Day. I think. Not sure about that. 

We can drop off absentee ballots at polling stations.

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

We can drop off absentee ballots at polling stations.

I forgot about that, we can too! 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

As it should be. 

Mizzoorah too!  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

As it should be. 

14 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Mizzoorah too!  :)

Same here in Arizona... unless you vote by mail. They send you a ballot. You mark the selections you want. You sign the inner envelope so that they can match your signature with the one they have on file. Place inner envelope inside outer envelope and mail it off. Simple, right? 

Except that when the wrong candidate is winning, they "find" boxes of missing ballots that have voted for THEIR guy. If they don't find enough THEN, they find more that they can't quite read, and they "cure" them, making sure that they're properly marked for their guy. If that's STILL not enough, they collect ballots that they can't read the signatures on. They go through them, okaying the ones that are "properly" marked and disallowing the "improperly" marked ones that they can't.   

And just to make sure they have enough ballets to get this done, by law, ALL Pima County residents MUST register to vote by mail. Most people then take the lazy way out and vote by mail. BTW, Pima County is 75% registered Dumbocrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've been hearing and reading about making it easier for people to vote and people whining about how they don't have time to vote.

We have vote by mail.  We have early voting.  I got this in the mail yesterday:

IMG_20240215_091152455.thumb.jpg.ee81f2486b9590ab2b58585b456f219f.jpg

How much more time do people need?  

Well apparently You arent a Superhero so you need much more time :)

but maybe they have a involent Husband at home and just worked a double shift and have to again tomorrow 

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy
  • Haha 1

the people that care to vote make it happen on voting day - this absentee [other than military] and early voting and mail in ballots is nothing more than liberal illegal voting  and thats who will be voting this year = 10 million illegals that dont have the right to vote here but will after coaching , we used to be the overseers of other countries to get honest voting - now we need that , 

i believe we need to show up on the designated day , but now im all for the in person only and fip your finger in the indelible ink , show ID and prosecute those that are not legal to the max 

• Like 2

Simple:  all ballots must be delivered to the counting centers within X hours after the polls close.
All ballots received after that deadline will be burned, unopened.

• Like 1