SASS Wire Forum

Obituary for 12 Mile Reb

Noah Cash

How about we all keep this thread going.

Share some memories of Reb and Pat.

One at a time.

Make this thread last until EOT!!!!

• Like 2

A great loss for us all..

Especially his family and friends.

Our sport is now missing another of the great competitors,  friends, mentors and all round best of the good guys.

He will be missed, in more ways than just shooting.

Ol'  #4

• Like 7

This really hurts.  I regard the days that I got to spend in his company as some of my best days in this game.  I really liked that guy.

Condolences and very best wishes to his family and friends.

Sincerely,

FJT

• Like 2

Ralph and I had breakfast almost every Saturday morning on the way to whatever match we were going to.  If no match we would have breakfast and just enjoy each other’s company and go back home to spend the day with our sweethearts.   I was proud and honored to call him my friend. His passing leaves a huge hole in my life.

• Like 6

Reb was an example of the Cowboy Way!  A friend and mentor, always quick with a smile.  He has always been a treasure to Northern Utah and to all of the SASS Family. 

As an instructor he made RO classes fun and he had an endless supply of stories that would drive home a point.  He also had a bit of mischief in his big heart and could laugh at himself.  He was taken much too early and I will miss him.

The only thing that he loved more than shooting was his sweet Pat. They truly cherished each other!  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family at this sad time. 

All our Love,
Shotgun Will & Trina

• Like 5

Always enjoyed  shooting with Reb or just visiting with him and Pat when out west.  Miss him already.

God Bless.

bb

Edited by Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator
  • Like 3

It is with great sorry to hear of 12 Mile Reb's passing.  Our prayers are on the way.  What an incredible man!!!

• Like 4

Hello folks I am Ralph's nephew Eric. I wanted to extend a huge Thank you! I had the privilege to watch him shoot on several occasions and always was amazed at the way your community rallied around one another. I live in boise and a few years ago my wife and I were able to attend an event you all had here and was blown away how perfect strangers treated everyone as family. I know from many of our conversations he absolutely loved being apart of that. I know Pat did as well. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for all the kind words I dont know if Pat has access to this or not but i will pass on what I can when the time is right. I hope I am not speaking out of turn for him but I think he would love it if we all payed it forward! I know your community already does probably better than anyother organization I am aware of. Bring someone new into the sport and teach them the Ralph (12 MILE REB) way. Even in your day to day lives be kind don't sweat the small things that really don't matter. Hold you loved ones extra close check in on a friend. Once again Thank you for being part of his adventure! Stay safe out there

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ralphs nephew said:

Hello folks I am Ralph's nephew Eric. I wanted to extend a huge Thank you! I had the privilege to watch him shoot on several occasions and always was amazed at the way your community rallied around one another. I live in boise and a few years ago my wife and I were able to attend an event you all had here and was blown away how perfect strangers treated everyone as family. I know from many of our conversations he absolutely loved being apart of that. I know Pat did as well. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you for all the kind words I dont know if Pat has access to this or not but i will pass on what I can when the time is right. I hope I am not speaking out of turn for him but I think he would love it if we all payed it forward! I know your community already does probably better than anyother organization I am aware of. Bring someone new into the sport and teach them the Ralph (12 MILE REB) way. Even in your day to day lives be kind don't sweat the small things that really don't matter. Hold you loved ones extra close check in on a friend. Once again Thank you for being part of his adventure! Stay safe out there

Eric, I am Noah Cash, one of Reb’s many friends. I am in close touch with Pat and will show her this thread in the near future. I know she will appreciate the support and comment’s by all.

• Like 3

• Noah Cash changed the title to Obituary for 12 Mile Reb

I personally never knew the Man .

Thank you for your Services to our Great Nation Mr.Butler 

RIP Sr.

• Like 1

Pat was the score-keeper for sure anytime 12 Mile was shooting. She was there to support him without fail, and always had the "two-two" dance ready when scores were in the 22 second range.  KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS!