• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

image.jpeg.52081488998453fdafc2f9a64a817f5f.jpeg

4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

But probably had some resistance.

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

No negative comments please. Only positive reinforcement.

C'mon, you guys can't stay neutral about this. SOMEBODY'S got to blow a fuze. Or do I have my wires crossed? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

C'mon, you guys can't stay neutral about this. SOMEBODY'S got to blow a fuze. Or do I have my wires crossed? 

May have just switched it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

But probably had some resistance.

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

No negative comments please. Only positive reinforcement.

43 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

32 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

May have just switched it up.

No Sgt, your wires are not crossed. I do see how all these comments can be polarizing, but in a positive and humorous way.  Though this may cascade eventually into negativity at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a8d5b221cf3bb57d786eab8311019f86.jpeg

The guy needs to learn to spell. And he needs to learn what apostrophes are.

First - when you make a contraction, which happens when you take two or more words and jam them together to make one word and you remove some letters, you replace the missing letters with an apostrophe. Therefore, is not becomes isn't. Is and not are shoved together to make one word and the o is removed and replaced with an apostrophe.

If you take you and all and push them together, and remove the o and the u, you end up with y'all. You see where that apostrophe? It took the place of the o and the u. The word is not spelled Y A ' L L. It is spelled Y ' A L L. Simple word, but so many people spell it wrong.

If you then take the word y'all and the word ain't and jam them together, removing the A L L from the word y'all, you end up with Y ' A I N ' T.

And then we have the stupidity of the comment that ain't is a contraction of are not. Ain't is a contraction of am not. The only correct time to use ain't is after the pronoun I.

I am not becomes I ain't. I know it does not follow the normal rules of contractions. I believe that it originally started out as I amn't, and somewhere along the line the M got read as an I and an N, and it was decided that they did not need two Ns in the word.

I'm sure this is more than most of you wish to know, but as a southerner I am offended by Yankees screwing up our language. Sometimes I have to vent.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

The guy needs to learn to spell. And he needs to learn what apostrophes are.

First - when you make a contraction, which happens when you take two or more words and jam them together to make one word and you remove some letters, you replace the missing letters with an apostrophe. Therefore, is not becomes isn't. Is and not are shoved together to make one word and the o is removed and replaced with an apostrophe.

If you take you and all and push them together, and remove the o and the u, you end up with y'all. You see where that apostrophe? It took the place of the o and the u. The word is not spelled Y A ' L L. It is spelled Y ' A L L. Simple word, but so many people spell it wrong.

If you then take the word y'all and the word ain't and jam them together, removing the A L L from the word y'all, you end up with Y ' A I N ' T.

And then we have the stupidity of the comment that ain't is a contraction of are not. Ain't is a contraction of am not. The only correct time to use ain't is after the pronoun I.

I am not becomes I ain't. I know it does not follow the normal rules of contractions. I believe that it originally started out as I amn't, and somewhere along the line the M got read as an I and an N, and it was decided that they did not need two Ns in the word.

I'm sure this is more than most of you wish to know, but as a southerner I am offended by Yankees screwing up our language. Sometimes I have to vent.

I was taught the "ain't" is a proper contraction of "am I not".  And if Miss Morrell said it was so, you had better believe it is so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

image.gif.8e9f56513d9a6b51f6ade3d536ddfb95.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

image.png.ca67852eda9fccc9fae1d9fc148be34b.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I used to be a route salesman. Had some 60 stores that I would go to every week. Tracy was the manager of one of my convenience stores. I got there at shift change one day. Barbara had arrived and Tracy was going home. And after Tracy drove off I looked over at Barbara and grinned and said, "Is Tracy pregnant, or just getting incredibly fat?", snicker snicker snicker, because obviously Tracy was pregnant.

And Barbara looked back at me real serious and said, "Tracy got her tubes tied 2 years ago".

Oops.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Just because it says it in a book don't make it so.

"It Don't Mean a Thing, If it Ain't Got That Swing' = does not

'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' = Is not (any)

'Ain't To Proud To Beg' - am not

'It Ain't Me Babe' - is not

'You Ain't Going Nowhere' = are not

'You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet' = have not

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Getting back to Funny Photos, here's a Canadian hockey fan's Christmas tree,

christmas_cdn03a-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

I know a word that's just as versatile, but if I use it here they don't let me talk to you no more.

I remember a soldier of Fortune article about that particular word, and how versatile it was. For the sake of decency, in the article the word was replaced with WORD. IE: word you, word it.

He told the story of a sergeant in charge of a machine gun crew, and their gun would not work. And finally the sergeant stood up and screamed, "WORD!

THE WORDING WORDER'S WORDED!!"

The author said that was the best example of the versatility of that particular word he had ever heard of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2