SASS Wire Forum

Congratulations to Matt Black - EOT Overall World Champion

Quite an accomplishment when considering all the little things that could go wrong during the match. Great consistency! Congratulations!!

One heck of a match indeed!  That is incredible!

I saw him walking the stages at Land Run and the one thing that caught my attention was his incredible focus.  I have watched a few other folks with that focus, and they are all champions in their own right, but there is no doubt that Matt Black is a cut above the rest.  (Youth doesn't hurt any either...:rolleyes::lol:)

Dang!  6 Times as Top Overall at the World Championships!  Heck, I'd be ecstatic to come in 6th place in my Category just Once! :P

Great job Dylan ... here's saying how very proud we are to have you and your dad as our friends and we wish and hope you keep coming out on top for many years to come.

...crosscut hardy & Ms.EB (Beaux Hunk Cowgirl)

Not only a great shooter but a fine young gentleman too.  This was my first ever time being on the same posse with Matt and Colt.  What fun we had.  Definitely looking forward to doing it again as soon as possible. 

Matt has been shooting this game a long time.  He started very young and occationally @Silver Sam, SASS #34718L has posted a photo of him very early in his cowboy shooting.

40 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Matt has been shooting this game a long time.  He started very young and occationally @Silver Sam, SASS #34718L has posted a photo of him very early in his cowboy shooting.

Yep,

He's been shooting most of his Life.... Even back when he was Wrangling Rattlesnakes.

And he still wears Black!

Congratulations Dylan!!!!

Boys-Buckaroo_0120.jpg.6095b4c6d55e1f4ed5d3be85e516f967.jpg

Matt Black 

EOT
Total time of 168.75 making this the fastest End of Trail ever shot. The next fastest was also shot by him in 2021 with a total time of 168.88. That’s pretty consistent I would say.
That’s an entire 12 stage match shot in under 3 minutes. 2.8 min to be exact.

1st person to ever win a total of 6 Overall World Championships. 

Sounds Hall of Fame worthy to me. 

Archived