SASS Wire Forum

Shoot out of your “local zone”

Scarlett

I had a BLAST today shooting with the fine folks at Cherokee Gun Club, Gainesville, GA.  I’d been there a couple of times but it was a little far to go on a regular basis. Now I’m closer however still 2hrs 15min away but it was SO worth the trip. What a warm welcome! THANK YOU!!

I’ve gotten behind on my loading and had a fair amount of ammo for my 32 rifle and pistols. What my friends know I refer to as “random”…don’t want to waste the cartridge/powder/primer/brass so I’ll shoot it up at a monthly match! Well, lesson learned. The “random” ammo was in an odd place because apparently, it was not only RANDOM but also QUESTIONABLE!:huh: I had a couple of squibs in my rifle so Krazy Kajun loaned me his 73 and ammo to shoot the rest of the match. I usually have squib rods in my cart but forgot them today -  no worries… Posse to the rescue. Thank you!! I got to shoot with some very familiar folks (of questionable reputation :D) whom I care for deeply! PLUS, I got to meet SEVERAL new folks that have been shooting a year +/- and one BRAND NEW shooter! 

So, moral #1: go shoot someplace new or that you haven’t been to in a while!  It will make you HAPPY!

Moral 2: Don’t be like me with the random/questionable ammo. I loaded it - it’s ALL on me - but somehow didn’t get in my “pull bullet later” bucket! But, if you do have a day like I did, KNOW that the folks on your posse will take care of you just like

they did for me! 

HUGS!! Thanks!! More hugs!!

:wub:Scarlett:wub:

These are the folks I know that were there who have a SASS Wire account! 

@Potshot Parker, SASS #35906 @Buford Tanner and his family @Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life@Krazy Kajun @Dirty Redd @Charlie Reno@Yank MaChain @Witch Doctor and Pig Iron Lane @Will E. Shoot@Badlands Bob #61228

9 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Bullet pulling a bunch sounds like too much work.  Just label it "practice only" or maybe "pistol practice only" :) (and have a squib rod handy!) 

Fortunately, it’s probably not THAT many but I’ve got it in the correct place now! Bless my heart! :blush:

Hugs!

Scarlett

Scarlet it's always good to see you and we're glad you made the trip down to shoot with us today.   I hope you come back soon and help me keep Krazy Kajun in line.   He's been difficult to deal with since he started shooting Gunfighter.  Apparently, he has been spending a lot of time clicky click in the basement with those fancy pistols.  I've had to resort to psychological shenanigans to keep him in 2nd place.  

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Scarlet it's always good to see you and we're glad you made the trip down to shoot with us today.   I hope you come back soon and help me keep Krazy Kajun in line.   He's been difficult to deal with since he started shooting Gunfighter.  Apparently, he has been spending a lot of time clicky click in the basement with those fancy pistols.  I've had to resort to psychological shenanigans to keep him in 2nd place.  

Speaking of people with questionable reputations....it's good to see you were able to wake up from your stupor and type a somewhat snarky reply to Scarlett's post.   I'm still a GF novice but I'm working on it....clicky clicking in my basement as you say.  I'm a work in progress but you'll see.  Meanwhile I'll occasionally have 4 misses on a stage (all pistol) and shoot a fast stage but get my well earned P on my pistol targets.  It's slowly coming together and someday your double cocking fancy pistols will be lagging behind.  When?....I haven't got a clue but it'll happen.  And I'll make sure you get all the "encouragement" that you offered me at the match! :lol:

@Scarlettit was good to see you and Tommy today, always a pleasure.  I'm glad you had some stock in your vehicle, always good to have vendors come and shoot with us...and also help new shooters get outfitted with quality products.  If I don't see you before I'll be seeing you at the SE Regional and Land Run...it'll be fun.

Kajun

I've shot 5 annual matches starting last year and pretty much was in a posse of shooters I hadn't met before at each one. They were all great people and I had a blast. I got to shoot right after Missouri Lefty at Black Gold and got to use a new starting line. " Now let me show you that in slow motion without aiming". :D

7 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I've shot 5 annual matches starting last year and pretty much was in a posse of shooters I hadn't met before at each one. They were all great people and I had a blast. I got to shoot right after Missouri Lefty at Black Gold and got to use a new starting line. " Now let me show you that in slow motion without aiming". :D

Hey Mister Badly, for even more fun add black powder! :rolleyes:

We have been fortunate and have been able to shoot with quite a few clubs around the country. We try to add one or two new clubs every year. I enjoy shooting with all our regular folks at our four local clubs but I want to shoot with new folks when we travel. 

4 hours ago, Yazoo City Gal said:

Hey Mister Badly, for even more fun add black powder! :rolleyes:

I've been playing with it a bit with mixed success. When the smoke gets too thick guessing where the targets are with the rifle from the hip can be iffy at best. See you at the Regional?

12 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

We are going to shoot Land Run...

You're gonna LOVE Land Run. :D

24 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

We are going to shoot Land Run and the La. State match in October.  Both of these are new clubs for me.  Expanding the horizons.

Following suspicious people who need an eye kept on them! :lol:

Kajun

11 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I believe Scarlett referred to us as "folks of questionable reputation".

There IS a difference between “suspicious and questionable reputation”!:D

Hugs!

See you at SE Regional and Landrun!

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Scarlett,  :wub:

If I had been there, you could have used MY own Marlin and ammo.... .32 of course.

Hope you and Tommy are doing well.

..........Widder (your #1 Cowboy fan)

You sweet thing! I know you would!! My THIRD RCBS Lockout Die (one for 38 smokeless, 38 BP sub, and now 32 HR) is arriving tomorrow. This 32 tool head was the last one using a Dillon powder check. The bar in the “fail safe” got suck under the  upper piece… that failed and the powder check failed.  Thought I’d caught them all…apparently not. 

BIG HUGS from YOUR number one fan!

Scarlett

There is a group in Ohio that calls themselves "The Big Irons."  That's just too good to pass up.   If all goes well for me, I plan to travel out there to the midwest from native northeast this November for a simple weekend shoot.  

And yes, my guns of choice will include my Big Iron.  :)

2 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

There is a group in Ohio that calls themselves "The Big Irons."  That's just too good to pass up.   If all goes well for me, I plan to travel out there to the midwest from native northeast this November for a simple weekend shoot.  

And yet, my guns of choice will include my Big Iron.  :)

The Bug Iron Rangers are in Middletown!! They’re a great group and you’ll have a warm welcome!  

Hugs!

Scarlett

The only problem with shooting new places is they just might wind up on your "must shoot" list & pretty soon you're going to have to start picking & choosing.

Archived