SASS Wire Forum

De-stressing

Finished with the second funeral of the weekend. Tomorrow we will conduct the official Memorial Day remembrance ceremony in town.

Now I’m just sitting and reflecting on the heroes I knew. George, Martin, Terry, Jim, John, Clyde, and others whose faces are as clear to me as the clouds over the mountains. My brothers in arms.

Enjoy the weekend with your loved ones and welcome the onset of summer. I only ask that you take a moment to remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.

07923581-1643-4910-B112-C88EEBC5A470.jpeg

One more Jameson and I’m calling it a night. Thank you my friends, for boosting my spirits today.

I played taps for military funerals when I was in H.S. When I graduated, I had 54 shell cases as I was given one at each funeral. It seemed a lot for a small town when I only did it for 3 years I was there.

Today I remember my uncle, William L. Roehrich

Water Tender Third Class

April 6, 1945

His son, Billy, passed last week at age 79.  Billy never knew his father, but my dad and his other surviving brothers saw to it that Billy knew who and what his father was!

All gave some. Some gave all.  We remember those who didn’t return, today!! :FlagAm:

Archived