SASS Wire Forum

Darn varmits

Phooey went out to the shed to look at a couple of Rugged Gear gun carts I had out there as I was thinking about selling them.  Crap some rats or other vermin ate them, shredded them, stored food in them and built nests in the pockets.  Both are totally ruined.  Now I have to haul them to the dump.

Dangit! I might have been interested in buying one of those. 

Years ago I lost some camping gear to rodents. Little bastages destroyed a $400 tent and some nice sleeping bags. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Sell the frames, can probably get new canvas to cover them or make panels out of wood.

To sell the frames I would have to remove all the nasty rodent covered canvas.  Next thing you know I'll have Hanta virus.

Just now, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

To sell the frames I would have to remove all the nasty rodent covered canvas.  Next think you know I'll have Hanta virus.

Ok, it was just a suggestion. I for sure don’t want you to get any viruses.

Yeah not any more.  When Brisco had a distributorship he supplied any and all parts.  Most of the suggestions sound like work.  I don't even want these nasty things in my new SUV.  Need to find a friend with a pickup.  The one cart was a virtually new deluxe cart that I used once or twice and put it in the shed.

2 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yeah not any more.  When Brisco had a distributorship he supplied any and all parts.  Most of the suggestions sound like work.  I don't even want these nasty things in my new SUV.  Need to find a friend with a pickup.  The one cart was a virtually new deluxe cart that I used once or twice and put it in the shed.

Honestly, I might consider torching them if they were mine. I completely understand why you do not want to handle them or put them in your vehicle. 

I set the ash bucket, shovel and big welding glove out on the back porch last spring. Moving stuff around yesterday and found some rodent eat the leather out of the pointy finger of the glove. Could have made a hole anywhere else and not ruined the glove for intended use. 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

I set the ash bucket, shovel and big welding glove out on the back porch last spring. Moving stuff around yesterday and found some rodent eat the leather out of the pointy finger of the glove. Could have made a hole anywhere else and not ruined the glove for intended use. 

Guess you'd call that "finger-food" then :lol:

I'll go back to my room now :P

OLG 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Dangit! I might have been interested in buying one of those. 

Years ago I lost some camping gear to rodents. Little bastages destroyed a $400 tent and some nice sleeping bags. 

How do the $%^ things know what's the most expensive? I had the same thing happen. Had like 3 or 4 backpacks in my shed, bass t*rds ruined my flexible frame Coleman and didn't bother the cheap ones.

JHC

Archived