SASS Wire Forum

DAMN IT!!!!!!

Buckshot Sheridan

Headed out for the first match I’ve been able to go to since early April. Checked the start time on the SASS site. Well that wasn’t accurate. The start time was an hour earlier than listed. Hour and 15 minutes each way to just come back home and unload everything, and to top it off, the wood box I use to keep the bulk of my ammo in at the range slipped out of my hands and broke. I guess I’ll finish cleaning out the garage and see how many more 44-40’s have gone into hiding. 

We had about the same experience this summer. Drove 150 miles one way and no one showed at the range, it was listed as being held on the SASS site. Emailed the MD and got no response, shot with her a short time after and NO acknowledgement at all.

kR

38 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I feel for you. 

OP,

Right now, Tequila Shooter’s and my clubs are down due to hurricane damage and debris. Next shoot for us is 18 Sept.

La Sombra

53 minutes ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

Headed out for the first match I’ve been able to go to since early April. Checked the start time on the SASS site. Well that wasn’t accurate. The start time was an hour earlier than listed. Hour and 15 minutes each way to just come back home and unload everything, and to top it off, the wood box I use to keep the bulk of my ammo in at the range slipped out of my hands and broke. I guess I’ll finish cleaning out the garage and see how many more 44-40’s have gone into hiding. 

Oh no!!!

15 minutes ago, La Sombra said:

OP,

Right now, Tequila Shooter’s and my clubs are down due to hurricane damage and debris. Next shoot for us is 18 Sept.

La Sombra

Are these the same ones that were.  The process of rebuilding since they were leveled by another hurricane a year or so back?

1 hour ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

Are these the same ones that were.  The process of rebuilding since they were leveled by another hurricane a year or so back?

Nope that would be Hellbender’s club in Lake Charles, The Up the Creek Gang. Our clubs are the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento and the Bayou Bounty Hunters in Amite.

Both clubs suffered no damage to the stages. But both have debris on stages and some access issues. They both should be available by the end of the month again for matches.

La Sombra

You showed real class in how you explained your situation.  I would likely have not been so polite.  It does bother me when clubs who have a website and|or Facebook do not keep information (including scores) updated.  I realize perhaps they might not be changing the sass info page as perhaps summer hours differ and changing that might take a little more effort.  I think sometimes clubs think that sending out an email suffices but when you have people not on the list then they are left off.  Have no idea how long it takes to post stuff on a website but Facebook is fast.  On the flip side, if I am not a regular shooter at a club I do tend to call or email with an officer just in case things have changed.   

I shoot at this one throughout the winter side of the year. During the summer they start an hour earlier, but I figured the switch was likely to be this month.  Worst case I’ll make it out again in 2 weeks. 

Not sure which match you were going to but the Rio and Cowtown websites both say the start time is 8:00 am.  ACSA is next Saturday (September 11) at Cowtown and it starts at 8:00 am.  ACSA is shooting at Cowtown until January 2022.  Hope you can make one or both.

2 hours ago, La Sombra said:

Nope that would be Hellbender’s club in Lake Charles, The Up the Creek Gang. Our clubs are the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento and the Bayou Bounty Hunters in Amite.

Both clubs suffered no damage to the stages. But both have debris on stages and some access issues. They both should be available by the end of the month again for matches.

La Sombra

I was sure glad to hear a couple days ago that both our eastern Louisiana clubs made it through the hurricane with only relatively minor issues, like trees down (but not on any buildings! :D).  I feared the worst watching the path of that hurricane, knowing where those two cowboy towns are located.  Many of us from this side of the state will be in Sorrento for Hot Lead and in Amite for Hangin' at Coyote Creek (the LA State Championship this year) later this fall!

We're still in the process of building a new town from scratch as ours was completely destroyed a year ago.  Here's a photo I took about 2 weeks ago from downrange showing what we've accomplished so far.  

Everybody - while I'm at it, let me put in another pitch for our fundraiser to raise more money so we can keep building our town - you can win one or more of 10 guns in our 10-gun raffle for only $10 a ticket.  See my recent Wire post for details, and please think about helping us out.

Many thanks,

Hellbender

IMG_6376.jpeg

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Not sure which match you were going to but the Rio and Cowtown websites both say the start time is 8:00 am.  ACSA is next Saturday (September 11) at Cowtown and it starts at 8:00 am.  ACSA is shooting at Cowtown until January 2022.  Hope you can make one or both.

Larsen. I just went to the club info on this site SASSnet.com. Should have gone to the specific club sites instead. I primarily shoot at Cowtown. I’ll be up to at least one of the other two matches up there this month. 

5 hours ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

You showed real class in how you explained your situation.  I would likely have not been so polite.  It does bother me when clubs who have a website and|or Facebook do not keep information (including scores) updated.  I realize perhaps they might not be changing the sass info page as perhaps summer hours differ and changing that might take a little more effort.  I think sometimes clubs think that sending out an email suffices but when you have people not on the list then they are left off.  Have no idea how long it takes to post stuff on a website but Facebook is fast.  On the flip side, if I am not a regular shooter at a club I do tend to call or email with an officer just in case things have changed.   

It only takes a few minutes to post on a website ---after folks get around to doing it.  Same for taking off old or incorrect info.  I hope folks got your message. 

Details on the SASS club site only gets updated if the club contact REALLY PRESSES the SASS office to fix it.  The SASS "clubs pages" may be good for locating a club, but the individual club's web page or FaceBook is almost always more accurate for dates and times and current contacts.

good luck, GJ

Archived