SASS Wire Forum

They’s after me, they’s after me!

Got a call from the “UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT” using a local area code for North Carolina. Do I have to hid out now? Will they send the “G Men” after me?

l swear the Scammers are so dump they make the movie “Dumb and Dumber” look like a documentary. Of course that ain’t say’n much for the documentary makers either.

Phew I think I’m safe they ain’t called me back! :D

CJ

I got a call last year from a guy with a mexican accent that said he was from the IRS and I owed money! He wanted my SS#. I said hold on, I got back to him and said. "Would you do me a favor before I give you my SS#?. He said Yes! I said "Would you take your phone and shove it up your A__ please?

He hung up!! I love messing with these scammers!:lol:

Gee.  I turned on my iPhone option to send ALL calls that are not in my Contact list straight to voice mail.  Guess how many times my phone rings from telemarketers, political hacks or Ex-wives?  NONE!

A bit of clarification.  The iPhone option isn't what prevents Ex-wives from calling.  Been married to the same gal for 48 years, I ain't got no Ex!

When I read the title, the first thing that popped into my head was what my Dad would tell us as kids- jokingly- when the subject of our being abducted came up.

"After they had fed you once, they'd send you back."

Of course, this is the same man that would tell us, "Your replacement won't treat me like that," if we got the best of him somehow.

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Gee.  I turned on my iPhone option to send ALL calls that are not in my Contact list straight to voice mail.  Guess how many times my phone rings from telemarketers, political hacks or Ex-wives?  NONE!

A bit of clarification.  The iPhone option isn't what prevents Ex-wives from calling.  Been married to the same gal for 48 years, I ain't got no Ex!

Matthew, how do you do this? I have been looking through my iPhone trying to figure it out. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Matthew, how do you do this? I have been looking through my iPhone trying to figure it out. Thank you. 

Settings

Scroll down to Phone.  Select Phone.

Scroll down, 5th from bottom, "Silence Unknown Callers.  Turn on.

14 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Got a call from the “UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT” using a local area code for North Carolina. Do I have to hid out now? Will they send the “G Men” after me?

l swear the Scammers are so dump they make the movie “Dumb and Dumber” look like a documentary. Of course that ain’t say’n much for the documentary makers either.

Phew I think I’m safe they ain’t called me back! :D

CJ

The worse part is there are people that fall for this. The same one's who are on action news when they get conned out of their money.

18 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Settings

Scroll down to Phone.  Select Phone.

Scroll down, 5th from bottom, "Silence Unknown Callers.  Turn on.

Outstanding Sir! Thank you. :D

Also watch out for emails purporting to be from a friend or well-known acquaintance asking for money or gift cards.  I feel for that one and had a bunch of gift cards until I called the "friend" on their number I had in my phonebook!  Fortunately, I had put the cards on my credit card, and called the cc company.  They say the investigation could take up to 60 days, but, in the meantime, NOT to pay the charge, and NO interest will be charged while they investigate.  We've even seen the email from a clergyman get hacked, asking for money for charitable things.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

They seem to like to call me very early in the morning.

I guess they figure I'll be groggy or something, so when I see the LD area codes for areas I don't have friends in, I get ready to play with them.

A couple of weeks ago, I kept one on the line for 22 minutes, by the timer of my phone, before he lost patience with me, called me an A-hole and hung up.

I like playing the Not Too With It senior citizen, ripe for a plucking. Keeps them hanging on trying.

LaughingSmiley.gif

I've made plenty of wise-cracks about, "Your auto warranty has expired" and I still get them every two or three days.  What makes me wonder is why they keep calling us since they've now become a National Joke. :lol:   I guess folks still respond and give them their money.  :(

I got one the other day saying they were going to suspend my SocSec#, I pressed 1 to talk with them and a heavy Indian accent answered.I told them I was Agent Wojohowitz with the treasury department,He then said "Thanks for calling WJPM, what song would you like to hear"

I miss my Persian cat Alex that would "talk" to anyone on the phone.  Scam callers might get 5 to 10 minutes with him.

Now, I simply play one of my horns into the phone, if it is handy.  Half a minute of trumpet, alto horn or sax, and no more calls for a few weeks!

Archived