SASS Wire Forum

SE Regional "Ambush at Cavern Cove" 2021

Barkeep Casey

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the info and the videos.  Just one more thing, could you post the table of stages and what posse shoots when.  It'd be good to know whether you start on the 1-5 or 6-10 stages.  Thanks,

Kajun

2 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Thanks for all the info and the videos.  Just one more thing, could you post the table of stages and what posse shoots when.  It'd be good to know whether you start on the 1-5 or 6-10 stages.  Thanks,

Kajun

Scroll back to page 14 and you'll see where I posted the very item I believe you want. If that isn't it, let me know and I'll try to find it for you!

Have you ever thought it would be helpful if everyone shooting a match experienced the posse marshall walk through? Here's your chance!
There are two videos that cover each day of your 2021 SASS Southeast Regional: Ambush at Cavern Cove. Each video has a link in the description to the other.

Stages 1-5

Stages 6-10

7 minutes ago, Alchemist Belle 93666 said:

Scroll back to page 14 and you'll see where I posted the very item I believe you want. If that isn't it, let me know and I'll try to find it for you!

Got it, thank you.

Kajun

5 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

As you know from your past match management experience, there's always one more thing that you need to do to make things perfect. Trust me, moving to another scoring system is on the list. I too hate the fact that it doesn't allow the ability to use aliases. . .unless you happen to know when you register to use your alias in place of your real name. As far as we know, there isn't a way for us to edit user information to change to aliases. 

Down here most clubs have gone to a program called CAS Scoring.  I can bring my iPad and let you guys check out this week if you would.  It is free and made specifically for our sport.  https://www.casscoring.com/ CAS Scoring Tutorial 5.0 orig.ppsx

1038030555_CASScoringTutorial5.0orig.ppsx

30 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Down here most clubs have gone to a program called CAS Scoring.  I can bring my iPad and let you guys check out this week if you would.  It is free and made specifically for our sport.  https://www.casscoring.com/ CAS Scoring Tutorial 5.0 orig.ppsx

1038030555_CASScoringTutorial5.0orig.ppsx 11.83 MB · 0 downloads

That is on my radar. Bring it if you don't mind and we'll see if we can get Drake and Big Iron slowed down at some point to give it a gander. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

1038030555_CASScoringTutorial5.0orig.ppsx 11.83 MB · 0 downloads

I used that program the first time last year at the Ides of March and it’s very user friendly, I liked it. 

5 hours ago, MizPete said:

Got it.  I'm on a posse where I know almost nobody - have I done something wrong?

Nah, I think you're on posse 12 with several of the fine folks from Wartrace. They probably put you there to keep Tennessee Williams in line.

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

today's picture of the day is a request from our esteemed match director, @Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

participants.png.39c7b100588c4542b3a96af289bae315.png

2019, 2020, and this year is/was the Southeast Regional, was it before then or was it AL State Match?  What was special about 2013?

13 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

2019, 2020, and this year is/was the Southeast Regional, was it before then or was it AL State Match?  What was special about 2013?

Before 2019, Ambush played host to the Alabama State match for several years.

You can read all about the 2013 match here: https://branchwaterjack.com/blog.aspx?post=17

3 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

It was my first Ambush.

While that is a great reason to be 2nd in that chart I was curious about the uptick in participation that year.  Still fuzzy though, could be The Triple Crown(last leg) or could be getting to shoot with Alchemist Belle...

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Nah, I think you're on posse 12 with several of the fine folks from Wartrace. They probably put you there to keep Tennessee Williams in line.

Yeah keeping ole TW in line would be like trying to herd chickens with no feet! :lol::D:P:o

Kajun

11 hours ago, MizPete said:

Got it.  I'm on a posse where I know almost nobody - have I done something wrong?

Miz Pete, I held an auction to see who got the best scorekeeper in SASS and Tennessee Williams and Whiskey Hayes were the highest bidder. You might not know them, but everyone knows you. Like everyone else (including me at Comin' at Cha), they are willing to accept that Pecos Pete is part of the deal. ;):)

But seriously, to my knowledge, nobody was listed in the "posse with" section on Pete's application. 

17 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

That is on my radar. Bring it if you don't mind and we'll see if we can get Drake and Big Iron slowed down at some point to give it a gander. Thanks!

Will do.  I can give them a quick class too.  I have trained most of the clubs down here.  It is very simple.  

I suppose this would be as good a time as any to say that for the first time I was unable to accommodate all posse requests. Doing so would have resulted in multiple posses with 30+ members. On one hand it is an awesome problem to have because it means that we've put on a good show in the past and folks are inviting their friends to share in the fun. On the other hand, I truly hate it when I am unable to accommodate everyone's request. We certainly get the fact that the shooters are our guests, our customers, and we want you to be happy. We will do everything reasonable within our power to see that this occurs. If anyone is unhappy about posse assignments, you may place the blame directly on me as I ultimately put them together. If you make new friends as the result of a seemingly unusual posse assignment. . .I'll take the credit. :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I used that program the first time last year at the Ides of March and it’s very user friendly, I liked it. 

We love it.  And the different reports that can be run are very useful for match administration and writing purposes as well.  I think the biggest thing is the ability to approve your score right on the iPads with your finger.  

@Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 Y'all put on a great match. I don't know how Ambush and Tennessee State both seem to get better every year, but they do. Keep up the outstanding work and thanks ahead of time for what I'm sure will be the best match I've ever been to.

1 minute ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

We love it.  And the different reports that can be run are very useful for match administration and writing purposes as well.  I think the biggest thing is the ability to approve your score right on the iPads with your finger.  

I like it a lot!

It does need a couple of things though:

1. Android support

2. The ability to subtract time myself, just before I approve it :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I like it a lot!

It does need a couple of things though:

1. Android support

2. The ability to subtract time myself, just before I approve it :ph34r:

The programmers are from Croatia and they do not have Android there so that is the reason for no support or Droid app.  Google has a different platform in Europe. 

@Branchwater Jack SASS #88854  interesting stages, thanks for being so open and giving us a virtual walk-thru.  Caution, be prepared for a couple of questions, after watching the videos I saw a couple of questions in the making :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Branchwater Jack SASS #88854  interesting stages, thanks for being so open and giving us a virtual walk-thru.  Caution, be prepared for a couple of questions, after watching the videos I saw a couple of questions in the making :ph34r:

Feel free to post the questions in the comments on the video where I will answer them!

Archived