SASS Wire Forum

SE Regional "Ambush at Cavern Cove" 2021

Barkeep Casey

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder that Thursday will be the Cowboy Yard Sale at the pavilion.

Also Thursday evening we have a Taste of the local. We will have some local beer on hand maybe a local whiskey for sampling. Please bring your favorite local brew or distilled spirt

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

One week until the next installment of Range Wars. 

Will Possum Williams be defeated (again) or will he have his revenge on young BB?  

I whooped up on you like a red headed step child last regional. Had to have beaten you by atleast a second and a half.:P

Peach Posse, Cracker Crew, or the Vols?

Vols, Cracker Crew, Peach Posse

What happens when a Tennessee hex runs into Kajun voodoo?

Usually they work together. They're like double first cousins.

5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

One week until the next installment of Range Wars. 

Will Possum Williams be defeated (again) or will he have his revenge on young BB?  

Peach Posse, Cracker Crew, or the Vols?

What happens when a Tennessee hex runs into Kajun voodoo?

All these questions and more will be answered...  

Will a chicken foot and hair clippers mysteriously appear on @Branchwater Jack SASS #88854's guncart?

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I tell you what, I messed up my back in the setup yesterday. A cowboy who could help me out with that might find a little something special on the score sheet when it is all said and done...

:P

Branchwater we will be at the range all weekend, let me know what you need.

3 minutes ago, Kid Drover said:

Can anyone show me how to "See Who is Coming" on the North Alabama Website?   And/or, is the posse  list started?

I am looking forward to next Thursday!  YEE-HAW!

Thanks,

Kid Drover

The last who's coming was Monday. Typically don't know posse assignments til Thursday, but maybe this year we'll get them early. I'm ready to smoke up NAR!

1 hour ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Branchwater we will be at the range all weekend, let me know what you need.

Absinthe,,,,,,,,, Guaranteed muscle relief

@Tyrel Codybetter than chicken feet

2 hours ago, Sue Render said:

Looking forward to this match! It'll be our first time in AL. 

Hmmmm, well I guess you'll have to do what all the AL match first timers do, make a speech at the banquet!

Kajun

Several stages this year pay homage to Ambush matches of the past. There will be many Easter eggs spread throughout the match. Some props and some...well...you'll have to see for yourself.

If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen the build process for many of these items that we will use this year.

Here is a stage from 1999 which served as inspiration for the goings on at Stage 1.

910397696_Stage1-1999.png.6df0f9be0b9f683788c8f1a7edd67721.png

You can read more about that match from 1999, including reading the entire shooter's book from that year, at https://branchwaterjack.com/blog.aspx?post=3

4 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

We've been waitin' on ya!

This is the first time Kid Ray has been allowed in Alabama! I think his parole finally timed out.

11 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

A cowboy who could help me out with that might find a little something special on the score sheet when it is all said and done...

Not on my watch.

I would like to thank Scotch Before Noon and @Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L for coming out to the range today. They heard about my back problems and helped me set up the last bit of steel tonight. If course, I have so much help running through me right now, I'm not feeling much pain.

2 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I would like to thank Scotch Before Noon and @Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L for coming out to the range today. They heard about my back problems and helped me set up the last bit of steel tonight. If course, I have so much help running through me right now, I'm not feeling much pain.

Good, I sincerely hope your back ailments resolve before you shoot this weekend. 

Wish I was a couple hours closer so I could help you.

Today's picture of the day is another ghost of Ambush past. There have been dummies hanging around North Alabama since the first Ambush in 1997. While you won't have to pull your ammo out of his pockets this year, we brought this one out of the closet to be there to lend you a helping hand.

IMG_20211003_104323011_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Today's picture of the day is another ghost of Ambush past. There have been dummies hanging around North Alabama since the first Ambush in 1997. While you won't have to pull your ammo out of his pockets this year, we brought this one out of the closet to be there to lend you a helping hand.

IMG_20211003_104323011_HDR.jpg

Looks a lot like Lickskillet Charlie after he's had a little too much "spirits for medicinal purposes only."  I'd blame Barkeep Casey for this one.

Kajun

I see on the website that the posies are up when you follow the PractiScore link.

It looks like I’m on 12. I looked at the posse schedule on the NAR Website and I can’t make heads or tails of it. Is there anybody that can help lead me to the light of understanding?

49 minutes ago, Cahawbakid said:

I see on the website that the posies are up when you follow the PractiScore link.

It looks like I’m on 12. I looked at the posse schedule on the NAR Website and I can’t make heads or tails of it. Is there anybody that can help lead me to the light of understanding?

Yessir. Odd number posses are first flight, even number posses are second flight. Looks like you're going to be on a great posse.:ph34r:

I just looked at all the posses (squads on Practiscore).  Who are all those people with all those strange names? :D

Archived