SASS Wire Forum

Watching Youtube instead of the news

Chantry

Youtube can be a wonderful waste of time to avoid the news and cheer one up.  I find myself watching a lot of dog videos, clips from Whose Line Is It, news bloopers and other things that make me laugh.

James Veitch is funny and  there are plenty of Tim Conway clips out there as well.

You tube has lots of short cowboy movies, most are bad, and then there are some that are real bad. I've seen gun slingers using a Flint lock pistol, BB guns for lever rifles. 1873's in the civil war, but most are a waist of time and funny. 

I watch far more on YouTube than I watch on the news or regular TV in general anymore. Firearms, model building, outdoors skills old episodes of The Rifleman and other shows and more to be found there.

I watch Kent Rollins, Forgotten Weapons, Cap&Ball and Duelist 1954. Townsends channel is interesting and of course I can get lost in the music that is available 

10 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

We have been filling in with a British TV series,  Time Team. I group of archeologists go out to some site of historical significance and scratch around for three days and see what they can find.  

Why 3 days?

53 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Why 3 days?

I never thought about why 3 days.  I guess it was a time schedule to get a show produced.   A total site excavation could take years and would be like watching paint dry.  Often they were just looking for evidence that something happened in some time period and who did it.

10 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I watch Kent Rollins, Forgotten Weapons, Cap&Ball and Duelist 1954. Townsends channel is interesting and of course I can get lost in the music that is available 

I'm subscribed to all of those and more, except for Cap&Ball, but I will give it a look!

8 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I'm subscribed to all of those and more, except for Cap&Ball, but I will give it a look!

Cap&Ball is Hungarian so you get a different perspective. It takes a moment to get used to his accent but his English is perfect. Give him a try

You Tube has become our go to TV viewing. My wife who was not a big fan at first watches quite a lot of stuff on gardening, flower growing, anti cancer stuff, etc.. I watch woodworking, fractal burning, epoxy inlay, wood carving and of course gun and CAS related stuff. We used to have the news on for a couple of hours in the morning and then a couple of more at night but not anymore.

Archived