SASS Wire Forum

Bringing out the worst

doc roy l. pain

Just like hoarding tissue paper, hand sanitizers, and masks, now we have people setting up fake virus testing stations around the community so they can charge you and get your personal info. Tv reporters are busting them up and bringing the attention to the public. The local law enforcement aren’t responding to complaints because it is not a serious crime. They’re keeping their social distance. 

:ph34r:  Would it be a serious crime if one or two of those fake testers received an application to the side of the knee with a 4 foot piece of 1/2" rebar?

On second thought, I'd use a 6 foot piece to comply with social distancing requirements.....

Colorado has had some duffeses posing as cops and stopping people for being out during the mandated stay-at-home (except for food and meds).   If I were stopped, I would NOT roll down my window, and would immediately dial 911 and ask the sheriff dept. if they had somebody out there.  I would try to get the license plate number, as well.  Someone like that could not only expose people they stop to the virus, but who knows what else they were trying to do? :angry:

2 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Just like hoarding tissue paper, hand sanitizers, and masks, now we have people setting up fake virus testing stations around the community so they can charge you and get your personal info. Tv reporters are busting them up and bringing the attention to the public. The local law enforcement aren’t responding to complaints because it is not a serious crime. They’re keeping their social distance. 

That means I can slap them silly, turn over/wreck their table, stomp their test supplies, steal their money and go eat lunch?

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'm also wondering about some of the FB "fun" questionnaires. They ask your work history, names of your pets...

I'm not saying I haven't been fooled. I answered the "names of your pets" one and feel somewhat safe as I use none of their names in my passwords. 

But for many other people it would be a way to collect personal data so that the hackers could make educated guesses about passwords. 

I tell everyone I know not to do those as they were created as a tool to mine fb for personal data. 

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'm also wondering about some of the FB "fun" questionnaires. They ask your work history, names of your pets...

I'm not saying I haven't been fooled. I answered the "names of your pets" one and feel somewhat safe as I use none of their names in my passwords. 

One reason I do NOT do those. I have always felt it was a way of getting info on you.

So I read other peoples. But don't do them myself.

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

That means I can slap them silly, turn over/wreck their table, stomp their test supplies, steal their money and go eat lunch?

Cat Brules

As long as the fake one didn't turn out to be a real one.

The above is an example of what can be done to scammers during hard times to make them benefit the communities that they prey on. 

image.png.3617b05bb8b71b7992bc59b1ece17431.png

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The above is an example of what can be done to scammers during hard times to make them benefit the communities that they prey on. 

Curry sausage?:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.png.3617b05bb8b71b7992bc59b1ece17431.png

Soylent Green?

Archived