SASS Wire Forum

Astros can't seem to get their s.......stuff together.

Damn it! I fell asleep when the Astros were ahead and woke up in the beginning of the 9th inning!

Congratulations Nationals, job well done!;)

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Damn it! I fell asleep when the Astros were ahead and woke up in the beginning of the 9th inning!

Congratulations Nationals, job well done!;)

I fell asleep at 2-1 during the pitcher change and missed all the fun. 

Astros had their stuff together for 3 games. ;)

Amazing. Not one team won a home game! A very entertaining series. 
Now baseball is done. Gonna be a long dreary winter.

My wife and I went down to a sports bar to watch the game because our power was down. We got to the fifth inning and were kinda told we should go somewhere else to finish the game, seems they needed the table for somebody else. Anyway we came on home and found out who won this morning. I liked both teams and like UB says, it’s gonna be a long winter.

A truly historic World Series! Never had a series where the home team lost every game!!  Remarkable!!

Entertaining for sure! A little controversy to spice up the Hot Stove season.  A couple of new stars to shine for a while!

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No baseball and no cowboy shooting till April :(

Speak for yourself, I plan on at least once a month all the way through Winter. Though I might skip December just because we're really busy with other stuff. 

You really ought to move south from November-March :D

I will warn you we get a lot of rain...

We have one club that shoots all winter but unless it’s in the 40’s I ain’t going!

We do have another club here that shoots indoors!! It’s a hoot and it’s at least some trigger time!

31 teams sayin' "Wait 'til next year!!!"  

Hope springs eternal!!!

I grew up in DC and walked to Griffith stadium to watch the Nats/Senators. They would change the team name depending on which beer company was sponsoring them. For a long time it was Senate Beer. They became the Nats after Senate Beer went out of business and National Boh in Baltimore picked up sponsorship.

Their motto at the time (1940-50's) was: "Washington, DC - First in War, First in Peace, and Last in the American League." Clark Griffith was a cheapskate and would not pay for good players.

The old Washington Senators became the Minnesota Twins and the Montreal Expos became the Washington Nationals.

21 minutes ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

I grew up in DC and walked to Griffith stadium to watch the Nats/Senators. They would change the team name depending on which beer company was sponsoring them. For a long time it was Senate Beer. They became the Nats after Senate Beer went out of business and National Boh in Baltimore picked up sponsorship.

Their motto at the time (1940-50's) was: "Washington, DC - First in War, First in Peace, and Last in the American League." Clark Griffith was a cheapskate and would not pay for good players.

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I like it when the Championship moves around.  No complaints about the Nats.

Maybe the Royals or Cardinals next year...

CLEVELAND INDIANS!!

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

BOO! HISS! :P:lol::lol:

Yea what do you have in Tennesse?? Nothing!!! Ha Ha!!

56 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yea what do you have in Tennesse?? Nothing!!! Ha Ha!!

We have the Titans, who CLOBBERED the Browns!!  :rolleyes: <_<

52 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We have the Titans, who CLOBBERED the Browns!!  :rolleyes: <_<

Uh...Different sport!!!:blink:

We'll see how the Browns do this year against the Titans, we're feeling dangerous!!:D

10 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Uh...Different sport!!!:blink:

We'll see how the Browns do this year against the Titans, we're feeling dangerous!!:D

YEP!!  There's always next year!!  Titans 43 - Browns 13 in 2019!!

11 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Whoops, forgot about that!:rolleyes:

GO TRIBE!!:lol:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Well the Indians will walk all over the Tennessee......uh.........wait a minute............Oh that's right NO BASEBALL there!!:lol:

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Well the Indians will walk all over the Tennessee......uh.........wait a minute............Oh that's right NO BASEBALL there!!:lol:

I wouldn't wanna' hurt nobody's feelings, but the triple A  Nashville Sounds ain't no cream puff!!  That is 'til the major league team robs 'em of the top prospects toward the end of the year!!

AND!!  Remember that the Vanderbilt Comodores are the 2019 NCAA National Baseball Champions!! They've won that title TWICE this decade!!!  Two recent Cy Young winners, one a multi time winner, came from that little school and a BUNCH of of major league pitchers and players graduated from there!!  Nashville ain't a major league city (yet), but we got baseball to make most cities very jealous!!! 

I wouldn't wanna' hurt nobody's feelings, but the triple A  Nashville Sounds ain't no cream puff!!  That is 'til the major league team robs 'em of the top prospects toward the end of the year!!

AND!!  Remember that the Vanderbilt Comodores are the 2019 NCAA National Baseball Champions!! They've won that title TWICE this decade!!!  Two recent Cy Young winners, one a multi time winner, came from that little school and a BUNCH of of major league pitchers and players graduated from there!!  Nashville ain't a major league city (yet), but we got baseball to make most cities very jealous!!! 

Yea we’ll I hope you’re lucky enough to get a MLB team someday, it’s great to live 15 minutes away from a MLB stadium. Nothing else like it!! We’re also 15 minutes from the Captains A team and less than two hours from AAA Columbus, also two hour drive to the Toledo mud hens, AAA for the Tigers. We have  plenty of minor league baseball to watch here too! ;)

Minor league baseball is great. When I lived between the Mets A ball park and the Cardinals  used to go 3 times a week to games.

41 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Minor league baseball is great. When I lived between the Mets A ball park and the Cardinals  used to go 3 times a week to games.

It’s a hoot! Affordable and fun stuff especially for kids. I go to The Captains A stadium a couple times a year. It’s 15 minutes away!! 

I think it's interesting - and confusing - how AAA minor league teams keep changing affiliations...

Since the Fresno Grizzlies started out in '98 they've been affiliated with the Giants, Astros, and now the Nationals.

Also interesting - each of those majors has won a World Series during their affiliations with the Grizzlies.  angel.gif

42 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I think it's interesting - and confusing - how AAA minor league teams keep changing affiliations...

Since the Fresno Grizzlies started out in '98 they've been affiliated with the Giants, Astros, and now the Nationals.

Also interesting - each of those majors has won a World Series during their affiliations with the Grizzlies.  angel.gif

The minors don’t do it. The big teams are constantly trading them around like...well, like baseball cards. ;)

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The minors don’t do it. The big teams are constantly trading them around like...well, like baseball cards. ;)

Yup...  and that's a danged good analogy!  

Items selected for HOF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/01/how-national-baseball-hall-fame-picked-items-bound-nats-world-series-exhibit/

e.g., a home run ball with yellow paint on it from when it hit the foul pole.

, 7th inning, game 7.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

IMHO a night up at Lake Elsinore watching the Storm is much more enjoyable than watching the Padres and anybody they play. Costs about a tenth of what a game at Petco would cost with good seats always available. $1.00 hot dogs, $1.00 beer, what’s not to like? No traffic, no trolleys lots of fun. 

10 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

IMHO a night up at Lake Elsinore watching the Storm is much more enjoyable than watching the Padres and anybody they play. Costs about a tenth of what a game at Petco would cost with good seats always available. $1.00 hot dogs, $1.00 beer, what’s not to like? No traffic, no trolleys lots of fun. 

I agree to a certain extent, there's nothing like an MLB game to see the best players in the world though.

Man I miss baseball already!!:o

Archived