SASS Wire Forum

SASS, The Early Days

McCandless

On 8/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Information request reference  Buffalo Chip & his shooting card which he gave out. I just found his card which he gave me from EOT shoot at Norco, California that's where I met him and when he gave me this card he put the number 18 on the back which he told me why and I cannot remember why and what this was about.

Contact made.

Thanks in advance:

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Camping space number I'll bet.

'Chip is liv'n in Utah now.

OLG

• Like 1

Yep thanks Lumpy I conversed with him just past couple days and yes he is now in Utah.  We talked about that # 18 and I sent him copy of  the card with 18 on it.. Its been a quite few years. Once he sees it maybe come back to him more to it then just the 18 its how its made.

Thanks so much appreciate your memo.

JRJ

5 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yep thanks Lumpy I conversed with him just past couple days and yes he is now in Utah.  We talked about that # 18 and I sent him copy of  the card with 18 on it.. Its been a quite few years. Once he sees it maybe come back to him more to it then just the 18 its how its made.

Thanks so much appreciate your memo.

JRJ

Please tell'em I said 'HOWDY'.

We shot together, many-many times-

OLG

• Like 1

Ok Lumpy: I will see him at BorderTown and won't forget to  tell him  you said Howdy.  Take care pilgrim.

JRJ

Edited by Jackrabbit Joe #414
entry
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

690917083_HonestHenryPillPeddlerMarshalLawSaddlebackJim(RIP)EthanCord.jpg.0a9cb0bdb8e7017ca13cddba409248d8.jpg

Honest Henry, Pill Peddler, Marshal Law, Saddleback Jim (R.I.P.) and Ethan Cord, Pala Indian Reservation Range c. 1996 

Edited by Eliphalet R. Moderator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1748551332_SawbonesShoreTheJudgeRipshin(R.I.P.)andHorsetrader(MuleCampSouthEastRegional99).jpg.1f0221067665a436e6bbe1c76076a274.jpg

Sawbones Shore, The Judge, Ripshin (R.I.P.) and Horsetrader (Mule Camp, SouthEast Regional, '99) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were recent additions to the SASS family.

This is the Ottawa Valley Marauders in 2002, before we even had a name.

Sadly, while the posse has grown, there are only two of us originals still in the posse.

We tried to re-use the IPSC props after their matches the week before.

03Posse.JPG

03CarpRRifle.JPG

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LSFSC 1991 Roundup:  Some of the Californios that drove out to Texas for our 1st annual match...

Mossy Horn & MIss Annie

2018DL.jpg

Slickshot & Mrs. Slickshot

2018DN.jpg

Dastardly Dave & Runnin' Bare

2018DP.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

873913486_JudgeRoyBeanMissBecky(SASS1000)andDiamondJim.jpg.94ba3a922a098ced84520200022ff3d6.jpg

Judge Roy Bean, Miss Becky (SASS #1000) and Diamond Jim

717448173_JudgeRoyBean.jpg.9d03e968b70ec632a339d3c2be9266a4.jpg

Judge Roy Bean and his mobile gun cart, Miss Becky 

Edited by McCandless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1423677854_NoHorseJamieAlaskanWranglerMontanaKidHammerMastodonJohnJudgeYukonHatch-CAPandtheWindDrifteratPikesLandingduringGoldenDaysinFairbanksAlaska..jpg.b6473bede2bfbdd0c16f29fbe7ce159c.jpg

Golden Heart Shootist Society photo from 1996 entitled "The Magnificent Seven".   Pictured is (l-r) No Horse, Jamie, Alaskan Wrangler, Montana Kid Hammer, Mastodon John, Judge Yukon Hatch, and the Wind Drifter at Pike's Landing during Golden Days in Fairbanks, Alaska.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2018 at 12:23 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

So, you USED to be able to do that? Reckon why they changed the rule. Seems harmless enough to me.

I’d like to see them bring that back, just sayin.:)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I guarantee the shotgun shells weren't complaining. 

I’m thinking maybe a two person team shotgun stage where one person does the shotshell pulling and loading and the other one does the shooting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1988 OWSA National Shootout

Participant photo

OWSA1988.jpg

IIRC Hangfire Hank won .

It was my son's first "big" match, standing to next to China Camp's right.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is outstanding.  The history of what we are so excited about.  Wish my family could have meet China Camp..  Remarkable video.  Didn't see pictures of to many young shooters.  Hope more people contribute.  Thanks to those who are sharing.

• Like 1

I believe that these shots are from one our first North Texas Roundups 1992(ish?)... Set up crew and a couple shooters near an early gun cart, pre-prohibition against horizontal guns.

PICT0633.jpg

PICT0634.jpg

PICT0635.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Griff said:

I believe that these shots are from one our first North Texas Roundups 1992(ish?)... Set up crew and a couple shooters near an early gun cart, pre-prohibition against horizontal guns.

That was before my time but I think that is Miss Hattie in the bottom pic (name on the cart, too), and so could that be Dallas Stoudenmire in the middle pic?

Hmmm.... could be... but, I believe that is Wyoming Red in the middle picture.  These were scanned off slides, and any notes I had to accompany them are long gone... 

But... in 1993 or 4, some LSFSC members entered & rode in the Fort Worth Stock Show Parade...   I seem to recall we won something... but I don't remember what! :rolleyes: 

Nobody:

PICT0614.jpg

Miss Hattie:

PICT0619.jpg

Dallas Stoudenmire:

PICT0621.jpg

and Griff:

PICT0630.jpg

I'm sure there are more pics, but, I can't find 'em... 

Edited by Griff
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2